“Difficult to get to, somewhat mediocre food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Lakewood, WA
“Difficult to get to, somewhat mediocre food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We decided to walk to Pistone's since it was close to our hotel - at least on the map. It is at a very strange intersection, so we had to cross the street without crosswalks and walk along unpaved pathways. Once we got there we found that the food was OK, but not much to rave about. I had angel hair pasta with seafood (misto mare) and my husband had vitello marsala. Both were acceptable but uninspiring. The big draw seems to be the bar with live entertainment. The male vocalist (we could hear the entertainment) was good, but his female counterpart was terrible - couldn't carry a tune in a dump truck.

Visited August 2012

Fairfax, Virginia, United States
“Hidden Treasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Great Food, reasonably priced.. Great MUSIC almost every night.. Outside seating and bar.. This place is a real find.. My wife and I LOVE it...

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“I don't know how this place stays in business...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Mediocre food, poor service, and worst of all the tables are jammed next to each other - it's embarassing. People trying to enjoy the dinners have to move their tables so people can come and go. I've never seen anything so dumb.

• Visited November 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Unbelievable Experience and Satisfactory”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

I recently dined at this restaurant for a early day Anniversary dinner this past weekend and I have nothing but great things to say about this place. First of all, we arrived shortly after they opened; therefore, there were not many people there. However, that did not take away from our experience at all. I requested to sit out on the patio since the weather was incredible- at first sight, I must admit the patio area had seen better days and could use some tiddying up to say the least. I will get back to that shortly, before I get into anything else. I want to commend the staff for their excellent customer service and providing an awesome experience and great food. Our server was very attentive and helpful and made our visit that much better, the food was great we ordered mussels (both the tomato and garlin wine version) the Pork Chops (added Marsala sauce) and the Misto Mare. But what topped it off! The manager noticed we were sitting out on the patio and moments later, he and an assistant were out there to bring together the total patio experience. They cleaned the floors, brought out umbrellas, put up two flat screens so we could watch the Playoffs, and ensured the ambiance was all that we could ask for... only, we did not ask them to do this. I was pleasantly pleased with the transformation that occurred and their customer service efforts to provide the total Pistone's experience. I recommend this restaurant for couples, family's, friends, business or solo. The inside of the reataurant is large and offers flexibility with a large dining room, and separate bar area and do not forget the outdoor patio with bar!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Falls Church
“PISTONE'S IS OUTSTANDING!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I discovered Pistone's Italian Inn a couple of years ago. I've brought several friends/co-workers there and everyone has loved the food/atmosphere. I've been to Italy and believe the food quality at Pistone's rivals those that I found in Italy. I've seen some not-so-positive reviews, but truly believe it's impossible to please everyone. I recommend you come to Pistone's and try it for yourself. The staff is very friendly, entertainment is pleasant, and as I said, I believe the food is outstanding. I recommend the gnocchi and if you want to get a little crazy, have them add shrimp or crabmeat to it. Enjoy!!!

• Visited April 2012