“Garlic sprouts to die for!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Peking Gourmet Inn

Peking Gourmet Inn
6029 Leesburg Pike (Glen Carlyn Rd.), Culmore Shopping Center, Falls Church, VA 22041
703 671 8088
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 311 Restaurants in Falls Church
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“Garlic sprouts to die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stopped in today for a late lunch (2:30 p.m.) and found the place almost full -- and on a Saturday. Had not had occasion to be here for awhile, but wanted garlic sprouts. There they were on t he menu, among a dozen other dishes I'd love to have also. My husband had the chicken with garlic and snow peas which he said was very good, and I had the garlic sprouts and chicken -- outstanding! It was a large order, and a good order of rice, and I was able to eat about 2/3 of it, bringing the rest home to finish tonight. The food was hot, well prepared, and delicious. The service was wonderful -- we were seated promptly, even though we were both in jeans, casual enough, and I had a Redskin shirt on!! The walls are full of pictures of notables who have eaten there, and there's a locked cabinet of more challenge coins than I've ever seen. Everyone loves it --both Presidents Bush ate there regularly, I doubt if the current pres. would be interest. The place is spotless, service is wonderful, the food is outstanding and we'll go back again soon! Kudoes to this Falls Church standby -- in a little shopping center but worth the drive.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fairfax, Virginia, USA
“Always delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We've been here many times and always order the chicken with garlic sprouts - delicious! We're not big on duck, but will likely order it one of these times. We've seen over 60 ducks go by in an hour on a weekend nite!

Visited October 2013
Falls Church, Virginia
“Epic Chinese Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

You simply will not find a better Chinese dish east of the Pacific Ocean than the Peking duck here. A must go (and once you do, you'll end up returning...)

Visited October 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Simply Ducky!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Loved this restaurant since it opened. Food is great -- better than ever. Service is tops with a well coordinated team of wait staff and obvious coordination in the kitchen. Everything piping hot. Had the Peking duck with homemade pancakes, plum Sauce and spring onions grown in their garden. Delicious! So glad to be back and see one of my old faves still bustling.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
VIENNA VA
“Peking duck quality has deteriorated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Have lived in NOVA for over 38 years and been coming to Peking Gourmet with my family for the last 25 years. Now with a family of my own, we continue to frequent Peking Gourmet exclusively for the Peking duck, fried shrimp and and Peking beef. The quality of the duck has deteriorated greatly. For example, the skin is no longer crispy but soggy. There is no longer a crunch to the skin like before. I believe they are now offering cucumber with the duck, for a price, to compensate for the lack of crunch from the skin. The meat is still tender but it tastes like boiling duck rather than roasted. The pancake used to be softer and not microwaved but now they are harder and dry. The onions to go with the duck used to be less pungent and not so spicy. I believe the popularity of this restaurant has deteriorated the quality of the food as it cannot keep up with preparing the Peking duck the right way. We continue to frequent this restaurant because my wife and our two sons enjoy the duck but I personally do not recommend spending $42 for each duck for the quality that is not like before.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere