“Truly Excellent ” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
“Truly Excellent ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2015

Having traveled extensively in Central Asia (including Afghanistan), I highly recommend this as an authentic and delicious destination. Several years ago I moved to NYC and have been unable to find a comparable establishment there. Every dish I've had is fantastic. I love their lamb dishes and their awesome baklava. Even if you only want cardamom tea and a dessert, this place is worth a visit.

New York City, New York
“Canteen”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2015

I really don't understand the excitement of the reviewers.
All cooked food is prepared way in advance in bulk, everything is stewed, decent but nothing to write home about. No mysteries, all comes lukewarm. You choose any one or a combo of the stew, the exact same cubes of lamb in heavy tomato sauce added to it if you choose the meat dish. The bread is stale and warming it up doesn't do wonders.
We didn't try the kebabs
Those guys need some real competition from the Devine afghani restaurants of New York where anyone can tell the difference.
We finished our meal in 25 minutes.
Not a dining experience, eat and run.

Arlington, Virginia
“A great dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2015

Our first visit to this restaurant exceeded our expectations. The service was great and the prices reasonable. We tried the Kadu Parlow which was outstanding in flavor and preparation. The baked pumpkin was topped with yogart and tomato sauce-- very tasty. The lamb was tender and the naan bread was excellent. Spinach rice is served with the meal. For desert we had chocolate firnee, which was a homemade chocolate pudding. Very good! The parking in the back and coming through the back door did not give an accurate impression on what o expect. But once inside, the place is very clean and an appetizing place to dine. Overall, they get an excellent rating from us.

• Visited April 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Great first time experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2015

I had never had Afghan food before and had the opportunity to try it with a friend in Falls Church. It did not disappoint. I followed the servers advise and had a wonderful lunch. Nicely decorated, I will be back!

Visited March 2015
Fairfax, Virginia
“Ho hum except the pumpkin”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2015 via mobile

After reading the effusive TripAdvisor customer ratings, I expected to be wowed. Instead I got treated to a plate of grilled mediocrity. The beef and lamb kabobs were nothing special but at $17 they should at least be better than the $9 a plate at the mall. Go to the mall and save that $8.

The one nice dish? Pumpkin. Well cooked, sweet and spiced slightly. I'll get one order of pumpkin to go next time.

Visited April 2015