“Pretty Good Eats” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Fairfax, Virginia
“Pretty Good Eats”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

My husband and I ate outside at Ireland's Four Provinces recently and had a pleasant enough lunch. We weren't there for the beer, so I am just commenting on the pub food. I had the Kellygold grilled Reuben and the thick buttery toasted bread sandwich was good, but not exceptional. The service was fine and the customers getting together over a few brews were enjoying themselves. I would consider a return visit with a larger social group.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Alexandria, Virginia
“WHY is this place such a hit?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The only reason we went here is because our real estate agent gave us a gift certificate for the place. Otherwise, you wouldn't catch me at an Irish restaurant. Maybe it's my Latin roots...Italian background...dunno...other than beer, I have no use for an Irish pub.

We showed up on a Sunday afternoon around 1 looking for brunch. Place was pretty much empty. The only option was the buffet. It looked like a big buffet with lots of options. I'm adding extra points because they had prime rib, various good salads, and fruit. But the pancakes and waffles were just kinda dry and sad. The bacon was wilted and miserable. There were some potatoes and a pretty good shepherd's pie. Overall though, the atmosphere and the food left me un-enthused about ever returning.

Our waiter was really friendly, so that was a bonus, but really? I doubt we'll ever be back.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Falls Church, Virginia
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Ireland's Four Provinces is our favorite restaurant in Falls Church - we have been going to it since they opened. Always a great meal and great service - Colm and his staff are the best - so friendly - greeting each customer as their best friends. Great Happy Hour! Highly recommend the "4Ps" restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, VA
“Generally very good, but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I eat here once a week. Usually the food is very good. They had Osso Bucco on the menu, and I thought it would be a treat. Not so good. The sauce was a brown sauce with a few carrots which overwhelmed the veal. Usually osso bucco is served with pearl pasta or rice. 4P's served it on mashed potatoes. Yuck!
The other dish I recommend NOT getting is the corned beef and cabbage. The meat is undercooked and tough. I suspect they start it at noon, and it needs to start at 9 AM or earlier.
Their lamb stew, however, is wonderful. Also the Guiness steak strips. Seafood is usually perfect.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ocala, Florida
“Best Irish Pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

First visit and it won't be my last. Food was excellent as was the service. Great atmosphere and felt very true to an Irish pub. Better then Murphy's in Alexandria.

• Visited March 2014