“Food not cooked enough” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #209 of 301 Restaurants in Falls Church
Toronto
“Food not cooked enough”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

After a long day touring DC, I ordered take out from this restaurant. I chose the New Orleans steak special and ordered it "medium".
Upon opening the dinner at my hotel, I found the steak to be "rare". Not even medium rare, but so rare that I had no desire to eat it. The onions were not sauteed enough, and were crunchy and it was far too much like eating raw onions. Which they really were.
Had I eaten "in" I would have sent the entire meal back and ordered something different.

Visited April 2013

Arlington, Virginia
“Great Menu for Weight Watchers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We go to Appleby's at least once a week. It is a friendly restaurant to those who are weight conscious. In that category you may order a steak, chicken, seafood, salad or other choices. We have found the food to be well-prepared and the service has been good for the five years we have been a customer. We also appreciate the 10% discount for the Golden Club members.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gainesville, Florida
“Great lunch place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

There is a great varity of item on the menu and the price is average but nothing that really stands out. The service was excellent.

Visited December 2012
Falls Church, Virginia
“Just not good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Chain. Low quality. I have never had a good meal there so I just stopped going.

Falls Church, Virginia
“Watch what you order!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Went with friends to the Falls Church VA Applebees a couple of weeks ago. I have eaten there before and it is not bad. However, my recent experience left me with a bad taste. Like a fool, I ordered a steak (I should know better than to order a steak in any place other than a steak house.) I ordered the 12oz rib eye. My friend ordered a 7oz sirloin. When the steak arrived I swear it was not any bigger than the sirloin. Besides that it was razor thin, and cooked well done (I ordered medium.) I asked the waiter if he thought my steak was bigger...he hummmed and called the manager. The manager came over shortly after... I explained my concern. He said that was the standard 12 oz rib eye.... and was pretty adamant about it...not a very friendly guy at all. I shrugged my shoulders, ate what I could, paid the bill and left. The morale of the story.... don't order a steak at Applebees, especially the 12oz rib eye, and expect to get much more than a thin slice of beef. And don't ask the manager there for anything---he is a customer unfriendly guy.

• Visited May 2012