“Hyatt House better than Hyatt Place - very convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Falls Church
Virginia
“Hyatt House better than Hyatt Place - very convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

I didn't realize this was a Hyatt House when I made the reservation. I had stayed at several Hyatt Place properties and found them cookie-cutter in the extreme. It looks like the Houses are upscale compared to Places.

This property is a little hard to find, but is located on Lee Highway. The entrance/parking are hidden from the highway and is within a town center concept.

Very helpful front desk staff, quiet, tastefully decorated rooms, good internet and a delicous breakfast buffet are all partbof the package. You are surrounded nt shops and restaurants and the metro station is within walking. They have a shuttle van but we didn't inquire about what it offers.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
HyatthouseGMfc, General Manager at Hyatt House Falls Church, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Kirbyk,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback and taking some time out of your busy schedule to provide us your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Our goal is to always provide our guests with a exceptional stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Fairfax County, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I booked my reservation in person prior to staying and was given a quote that I was pretty satisfied with. Upon my arrival I had a pretty decent time, good shower (it does flood), breakfast was all right, and the beds were comfortable. My biggest problem was when I received my bill on the day I leaving and I was surprised to see my bill was THREE TIMES THE AMOUNT I WAS TOLD. I went down the lobby and I asked whether there was an error to my billing and the friendly staff member told me that there wasn't and explained everything to me. Once I told him that when I booked my reservation that it was a completely different quote, he gave me the AGM's business card and I immediately emailed him. After several emails, I was basically told that it was my fault that I misunderstood the booking--however, I didn't misunderstand anything, I was told one thing and it turned into something else. I was not happy about that.

It was a decent place, but the fact that I have had a horrible customer service experience brings down my experience here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Marianne C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I must however apologize for the miscommunication pertaining to your rate and final bill. Our room rates are quoted on a per night basis, and are not inclusive of taxes. We try our best to ensure that all reservation details including rates and special requests are confirmed at the time of booking. We also follow this up with an emailed confirmation so that any discrepancy can be addressed prior to your arrival. In researching your reservation I do see that this electronic confirmation was completed as well as a reminder email a few days prior to your arrival. I regret that you feel this miscommunication is reflective of our customer service as my entire team prides themselves in delivering the best experience possible. Please feel free to reach out to me personally when your travel plans bring you back to the Fairfax/Washington, DC area, as I would like to personally oversee your reservation process.
Hudson, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

This place was awesome. It is a very modern clean hotel. The location is probably the best part, a lot of shops and places to eat all within steps of the hotel. Free breakfast is a Great touch. Staff was friendly, parking is close across the street in the garage. Will only stay here if in the area.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
HyatthouseGMfc, General Manager at Hyatt House Falls Church, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear blachatch,

I appreciate the great feedback and thank you for the high rating! We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

If I may be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Such a pleasant surprise to have a suite style room - couch large kitchenette- lovely bath - wood floors
I was here on business so the lack of view was no big deal. I am thrilled with the location for restaurants, shopping into the evening. Very nice, stay here

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear tampaspartan,

We appreciate the high-ratings and the great feedback. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay and had a wonderful experience. I will surely pass on your comments to my team members. We are looking forward to your return.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Stayed here on a long weekend. Lovely time. Great breakfast. Located in the Mosaic complex, so there is a movei theater and a ton of restaurants conveniently located. Free parking. Friendly staff. Pool was small but on a sunny deck. It was very nice. Rooms were modern and had a kitchen with full sized fridge and stovetop and dishwasher. There is no tub, but the shower was nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HyatthouseGMfc, General Manager at Hyatt House Falls Church, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear elexaw,

Thank you for the feedback and for staying with us for your long weekend from Washington DC. We are glad that you found our hotel of value and enjoyed your stay. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to having you back next time you need another getaway.
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Choose the hotel based on reviews in this website and was very disappointed. The hotel looks chick and modern , lobby looks good, service good, breakfast good... BUT... no bathtub... forget about coming with the younger ones... The shower is poorly built and did not drain.. The water pressure was so hi that you had to move away .. and how is a lady supposed to clean her intimate parts when the only source of water comes from a fixed overhead shower fixture. The room looked chick and modern but it was cold and the heating was pretty noisy with drift everywhere. Yes it is unusually cold but it should be planned. Bottom line too much emphasis modern and chick but poor construction from a practical perspective. Also it is in the middle of a shopping area but everything closes at 9 and no food after 10.... not for those who arrive late and want to grab a bite. Not coming again

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
HyatthouseGMfc, General Manager at Hyatt House Falls Church, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Loreley B,

I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay. While some of the surrounding eateries do close early we can offer mulitple options including late night delivery. The hotel can also offer a variety of room types with or without bathtubs as well as any other needed amenities. We hope that you give us another chance in the future. I would be happy to assist with your reservations so that we can meet your needs in advance. Guest satisfaction is our highest priority and I will be sure to share your comments with our entire staff to ensure all our guests have a positive experience.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Very nice hotel..,great customer service...nice clean, very attractive
rooms and decor throughout hotel..the best breakfast..when in Virgina,most definitely be our first choice..,keep up the good work!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
HyatthouseGMfc, General Manager at Hyatt House Falls Church, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Loretta98,

We appreciate the great feedback and thank you for the high ratings! We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to having you back next time you're in the DC area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falls Church
BEST WESTERN Falls Church Inn
BEST WESTERN Falls Church Inn
#10 of 17 in Falls Church
4.0 of 5 stars 141 reviews

Been to Hyatt House Falls Church? Share your experiences!