“Great Italian Restaurant/Cafe” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Northern Virginia
“Great Italian Restaurant/Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Since we live in Falls Church and have sampled most of the local restaurants, my wife and I have been a couple of times now and felt we needed to write a review. We enjoyed both visits, starting with the joint "chef's choice" pasta dish. The quality of pasta is excellent. We even enjoyed the Italian tradition of not pressuring you to leave at the end of the meal by bringing the check before asking for it. Having recently returned from Italy, it bought back good memories from our trip. Highly recommended.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

McLean, Virginia
“Quirky & inconsistent Italian”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Quirky restaurant...menu varied with nice selection of daily specials. Ossobucco nicely prepared but seafood overcooked. Pasta over cooked and over-sauced. Wait staff accommodating but service disorganized and inconsistent. Espresso the best I've had in N. Virginia.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Falls Church, Virginia
“Good but won't be returning”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I have been to Sfizi about 4 times but will not be returning. The food is very good but the owner was downright rude. I had ordered a drink and it tasted very odd to me. I let my friend taste it before saying anything to her and she said that it tasted strange. When I told the owner he acted very beligerent and said he personally poured this drink and that if I had an issue to take it up with the vodka company. Then asked me what I wanted and I told him another type of drink. He asked if I wanted the first drink back. Is he kidding? Nothing mentioned like...I'm sorry....what can I do to correct this.... Where is the customer service? He was rude and disrespectful towards me, a paying customer,…the very people who will support and develop strong local community connections through word of mouth advertisement and create a loyal clientele.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Virginia
“Good espresso”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Been here a couple times since it opened. Mostly for espresso and macchiato. It's hard to find a real macchiato around here, but they have it. Prices are good and the few things on the menu I have tried are pretty good.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“A true taste of Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

We have been eating at Sfizi since they opened in Fairfax and have continued coming here since they moved to Falls Church. The food here is authentic Italian and reasonably priced. At lot of the recipes are from the owner's mother whom you may see from time to time in the kitchen. They make you feel like family here and we always have a great time whenever we go. The wine selection is also excellent; you can find a wine at any price point you are comfortable with.
When you enter Sfizi Cafe, you are as close to Italy as you can get without getting on a plane. I highly recommend it.

• Visited April 2012