First, the hotel was clean and all of the staff except Mike the supervisor were friendly and helpful. Day 1, we, along with the other guests had to complain that the lifeguard was making everyone get out of the pool for about 40 minutes each hour so he could swim laps. The female supervisor went out and talked to him immediately and corrected the situation. Day 2, we return from a long, hot day in DC, open the door to our room with our door key, to find a group of teenagers in our room and all of our belongings gone. Mike the manager nonchalantly told us they moved our stuff out because we didn't recheck in for our third day. I explained that we had paid for the third day in advance through the Choice.com website and that I had the confirmation number in my belongings. He stated, "That's a third party and so we don't guarantee your reservation." He repeated this three times. The GM Brandon showed up and was very apologetic. He admitted it was his mistake as he had checked us in and my husband had confirmed the extra night with him. I asked him why he didn't just call us or check our reservations? He said he was in a time crunch. Brandon leaves to retrieve our things. After 15 minutes, I ask Mike the supervisor, "Where's GM Brandon?" He replies with a shrug of the shoulders and disappears into the back room. I go around the corner and find the office door cracked. I open it up to see Mike the supervisor throwing my souvenir bag full of breakables onto a cart and watch it hit the floor along with my husbands C-Pap machine. Mike the supervisor thinks its funny that I'm so upset. When we get to our new room, down the hall from the barking dog, we discover that my silver earrings are GONE! The GM searched the old room when he went to retrieve our valuables from the safe. We went through everything! After questioning the GM and Mike the supervisor, who so gratiously moved our things, the following was discovered:
1. Mike the supervisor picked up the earrings but didn't know where they were.
2. Mike the supervisor put an open bottle of tea and a piece of cake in my camera bag with my camera chargers and manuals because he thought it was a cooler bag. (total mess)
3. Mike the supervisor put wet pool towels in with our clean clothes.
Brandon was truly sorry and he did comp our room. I'll have to replace everything else on my own I guess. So beware of Choice Hotels. According to Mike, the supervisor your prepaid reservation means nothing to Choice Hotels-Comfort Inn. We still have 8 nights on the road and we have prepaid for all hotel nights at Choice Hotels. I hope we actually have rooms!
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Near Arlington National Cemetery Hotel
- Comfort Inn Near Arlington National Cemetery Hotel Falls Church
- Comfort Inn Arlington
- Comfort Inn Falls Church
- Falls Church Comfort Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly Renovated Guest Rooms-Complimentary Morning & Evening Shuttle Service to the Metro,Conveniently located just six miles from the Nation’s Capital, the Comfort Inn Near Arlington Cemetery is an affordable alternative to staying in downtown Washington DC. Located just minutes from the Arlington National Cemetery, the Pentagon, the White House, the National Mall & Memorial Parks, the Washington Monument, the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, George Mason University, and the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. The hotel is with-in walking distance to several restaurants and shops: McDonalds,Chick-fil-a Dominos Pizza, Subway, Fortune Chinese Restaurant, Dogfish Head Alehouse,Red Robin, Starbucks, Target, CVS, Home Depot, Sears, Barnes & Noble. We offer the following amenities for your enjoyment and convenience: Free HOT deluxe continental breakfast, free high-speed wireless Internet access, free business & fitness center, free in-room coffee, outdoor swimming pool with sun patio, and ample free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HostelBookers, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Comfort Inn Arlington Boulevard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.