“It Satisfies A Need-Acceptable, fair priced hotel close to D.C.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Arlington Boulevard

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Arlington Boulevard to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Arlington Boulevard
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6111 Arlington Boulevard, Falls Church, VA 22044 (Formerly Comfort Inn near Arlington National Cemetery)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Falls Church
Miami
“It Satisfies A Need-Acceptable, fair priced hotel close to D.C.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I booked this hotel through Hotwire.com and had a $77 night rate for July, which was a great deal for me and my two adult sons. Upon check in, the front desk staff was very pleasant offering information and asking if we needed any information. Since I had lived in the area for 12 years, I told them it was not necessary. We were assigned room 107 on the first floor. The room was spacious and clean with fairly comfortable beds, though I do not care for the two half-pillows for each guest. Having stayed at several hotels in the same class, I think this is a current practice. More pillows are available upon request from the housekeeping staff.
Unlike many hotels with limited electrical outlets for charging cellphones and laptops, the room had ample outlets for three cell phones and a laptop for each of us. Additionally, the wifi was free of charge, though like most hotel wifi-slow and sometimes unpredictable. This may also have been due to the amount of young people staying at the hotel. I will address this later in in my review.
The free breakfast was more than adequate offering a daily choice of some form of eggs (scrambled or omlettes), breakfast meat (bacon or sausage), hard boiled eggs, cereal, yogurt, instant oatmeal, homemade waffles, breads, juices (apple and orange) as well as fresh fruit (apples and oranges). Tea and coffee were also available in the breakfast room and all day and night in the lobby.
As I previously mentioned, there was a great deal of young people staying in the hotel as part of a group. We did not hear them at all during our stay as they were in another part of the hotel. If you have never been to D.C., it is not uncommon for groups like Close-Up, an organization which educates young people about government to stay in hotels in the category of Comfort Inn, Quality Inn and Holiday Inn. You needn’t worry though as these groups are always assigned a floor of the hotel away from the public and they have their program chaperones stay in the hallway all night. If this concerns you, you may want to ask the hotel what their policy is on this prior to booking a room.
A previous review complained about the cigarette smoke in a non-smoking room. This concerned me and I phoned the hotel directly. I was informed that ALL rooms are NON-SMOKING now. Additional features with the hotel which are positives are the free shuttle which takes guests to the Ballston Metro Station thus avoiding having to pay for parking there, an in room microwave, coffee maker and mini fridge.
A few things that I would say could make this hotel better. First, the bathrooms do not have a ventilation fan which causes any water vapor to dissipate into the room. With three of us in the hotel room showering every day, the dampness found its way into the air making the sheets feel damp. My older son mentioned the dampness upon checking into our room and when we went to depart, he showed how the pages of his notebook had started to curl up from the dampness in the room. I did not complain to anyone as there really was nothing they could do right then and there. I don’t know if this occurs at other times of the year. We noticed a musty smell each time we walked into the hotel room after each day’s sightseeing.
Next ,and this is being picky, if I were the hotel, I would put some pictures on the walls in the hallway. The long hallway of our wing looked very institutional with such a long plain wall. By no means does this affect the comfort of the hotel room.
Finally, in the breakfast room many guests were too lazy to throw out their own garbage. The poor woman who was replenishing the food and supplies in the counter also had to keep cleaning off the tables. It would be helpful to her and the other guests if an additional trash receptacle were placed by the exit so people could dispose of their garbage on the way out.
If you can get a good rate, this hotel is especially good for families as it includes breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Brandon S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Arlington Boulevard, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am glad that you found our staff to be friendly and kind.

However, I am sorry to hear about your experience during your stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the troubles you encountered with the dampness in the room. We had some extremely hot weather during that week and had another issue with air flow that has now been resolved.

I have taken note of your comments and these will be used for future upgrades. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we still hope that you consider staying with us and allow us to redeem your faith in the quality of our product.

Best Regards,

Brandon L. Snuffer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Mena, AR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Group of 16 stayed for 2 nights and 1 quick day to visit DC. PROS: staff was WONDERFUL - helpful, friendly, polite; CLEAN, well appointed, best breakfast selections of our 15 day trip with a large dining/meeting room, free shuttle to metro, close to shopping & restaurants. CONS: located on a very strange intersection that is challenging to navigate, shuttle has limited runs. I recommend them if for nothing else than you will make new friends with the great staff!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Brandon S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Arlington Boulevard, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Comfort Inn, Arlington Boulevard. Our goal is to make every guest encounter a positive and memorable experience. I am glad that we were able to uphold the standard that Comfort Inn is known for, and that is maintaining clean hotels and giving outstanding customer service. I hope that you will visit us again if you are ever in the D.C. area.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Bossier City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Comfortable hotel with outstanding staff. Best we have even seen. I wish to single out some of the people (it was that good): Bilal Maqbool, Mr Blkis, Oscar Alcantares, the cafeteria staff, Ahmed Warssame, Abdul, and Michael T. If I left someone out or got their name wrong, I apologize. This is a great place. Convenient to DC Metro and very comfortable. Staff did a great job considering there were all sorts of tours coming in every day. Always plenty of food for breakfast and coffee all day. A complete opposite from our experience in another hotel earlier in the week. Hoping we get to come back again soon.

Room Tip: Just ask for what you need. The staff is very professional.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind comments regarding my staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. We pride ourselves on maintaining a clean establishment, and ensuring that our guest receive exceptional customer service. I am grateful to hear that we were able to make your stay a pleasant one. Your feedback is greatly appreciated because I love sharing guest experiences with my team. I hope you visit us again in the future and thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn, Arlington Boulevard!

Warm Regards,

Crisfield, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

First, it must be understood that this property’s new management priority is bus tours (primarily high schoolers) NOT the average or repeat-stay business of the broad traveling public. Been staying at this location several days at least monthly and sometime longer since 2008 and there is a clear change in direction. Winston in maintenance, the majority of the room cleaning staff, plus Belkys and Michael at the front desk continue to provide excellent service that is equal to and better than most fancier/pricier venues. The upgraded decorations a few years ago were a major improvement but bedding materials need to be monitored for freshness/cleanliness unless they’re “good enough” for the primary audience of bus tours.

If required, be If required, be sure to ask and verify that “non-smoking” room really is free of smoke odors.sure to ask and verify that “non-smoking” room really is free of smoke odors.

Room Tip: If required, be sure to verify that “non-smoking” room really is free of smoke odors and if mobility...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed here for 2 days over Memorial Day weekend while sightseeing around the DC area. All things considered, this is a pretty good bang for your buck. The room we stayed in was a King with a side chair and desk - which was great for us, and had more than enough space for us to spread out and relax. It's close enough to DC and the Metro station to be accessible for general day trips anywhere in the DC area. It's pretty convenient and simple to find by car, and while we didn't use it, the pool looked spectacular. Breakfast is stocked readily and is perfectly adequate for general purposes - don't expect the ritz, but everything is good quality. We really appreciated the fresh fruit, which was very good.
When we checked in, they gave us our room key and when we went up we found it had not been made up (4:30pm) but this was probably due to the 'do not disturb' sign on the door. Back to the desk, and they quickly gave us another room, with no questions or difficulty.
Overall, nice folks, decent food, excellent bed, and a very tolerable noise level. I would gladly stay here again, and recommend this to anyone who is not out for a luxury evening at a hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and we're happy you found our location to be convenient, as well as that you liked our complimentary breakfast so much and our staff was friendly and able to help out with your needs. We hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards,

Brandon Snuffer, GM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I traveled to DC for a long weekend and chose the Comfort Inn in Falls Church. The location was nice, just a 10 min. drive to Arlington National Cemetery and not too far from the Metro. When I booked the hotel, I was glad to see they had a free shuttle to and from the nearest metro station. However, the day we asked to have the shuttle service, the driver was running late and so the Front Desk called a cab instead. The hotel reimbursed us for the cab fare, but still not what I was expecting and in result, I did not trust the shuttle to be there to pick us up and we took a cab instead. The room was nice, you could tell they were in the process of updating. The bed was comfortable except the large amounts of hair that I found on the fleece blanket, which was put on the floor and not used.

I was disappointed very much by the housekeeping staff/service while we stayed. We checked in to the hotel around 4pm and about 30 min. after checking in, we had a housekeeper come in our room without notice as if the room was still vacant. Very uncomfortable. This would have not made me upset normally except the next day we did not receive ANY housekeeping service at all. After a long day walking around the city all I wanted was a nice clean room and freshly made bed to come back too. Unfortunately I came back to none of that. By the time we returned, housekeeping was gone so it was too late to do anything about it. When I did mention it to front desk as I was checking out, they seemed uninterested and didn't really listen.

The front desk is friendly enough, but not as helpful and accommodating as i thought based on other reviews. When checking in, I asked for the safe fee to be removed as we would not be using it. This was not done and so I had to ask another front desk agent at check out to remove the fee and refund the money, which took about 10 min. to figure out how to do so. Needless to say, the front desk seemed more interested in looking out the front door then helping a guest.

Overall, our stay was ok. The room was spacious and comfortable and the breakfast was well tended. I would probably choose this hotel again, I'd like to give it a second chance.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel based on your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and it was disheartening to hear that your stay with us was not up to par and for that I would like to apologize. Your comments have been shared with the management team and staff so we can make improvements based on your feedback. Thank you again for taking the time to write a trip advisor review. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Very nice property with excellent customer service. The hotel staff was very accomodating.The rooms were recently redone and appealling. I loved the location of the hotel. It was easy getting in and out of the city, but allowed us to explore the surrounding areas, too. Breakfast and free internet were an added plus to the stay as was the free shuttle to the metro station. I would definitely stay here again between the great hotel staff and the convenience, it is an excellent choice for the DC area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank You for taking the time to write a review based on your stay at our hotel. I was glad to hear that you had a nice and comfortable stay with us. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms and the service our staff provides. It is great to hear that our enduring efforts are indeed paying off. Thank you again for completing a Trip Advisor review. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the D.C. area!

Been to Comfort Inn Arlington Boulevard? Share your experiences!