Our family had a wonderful stay at the Homewood Suites in Falls Church. We stayed this past weekend, 6/18 to 6/21. From the time we arrived until our departure, the hotel staff was consistently friendly and helpful (in a genuine way… not artificial), and did what they could to ensure our stay was a pleasant one.
The lobby and dining area was always clean, with workers running the vacuum several times per day. The complimentary breakfast was SO helpful for us, as feeding six people in D.C. is quite expensive. It was good food too- eggs, sausage, potatoes, omlettes, waffles (guests can make their own), fresh fruit, different juices, hot coffee, etc. It was more than sufficient for us. We didn't get to see what the "light dinner" was like, but if it were anything like breakfast I'm sure we would have been pleased.
The rooms were of ample size and were very clean. The carpet had recently been cleaned in our room (a plus!), and everything smelled nice and fresh. The water pressure was good, there were GREAT toiletries provided, and everything worked as it should. Our kids were happy- they had enough room to lay down, watch DVDs, eat popcorn, and be kids. What more would we ask for?
One of the best features about the hotel was the free shuttle that it offers for guests. The shuttle was great for us, as it allowed us to be vacationers. It runs until 10:00 pm. We’d simply call the front desk, let the clerk know we needed the shuttle, and it would come pick us up. It was wonderful! We used it for rides to and from the Metro stop (Dunn Loring – Orange line), but also to a nearby Rite-Aide and to dinner at a local restaurant. We made sure to tip the driver each time!
There are a few restaurants and businesses within walking distance of the hotel too. Immediately behind the hotel is a diner that is similar to Johnny Rockets or Steak-and-Shake. It delivers to the hotel (for a fee); however, what we discovered is the menu in the hotel didn’t have a kids’ menu, while the restaurant menu did have a section for kids. Luckily, we ate in because this saved us some money!
There also is an ABC (spirits) store, Office Max, Arby’s, Quizzno’s, and a grocery store in a plaza next to the diner (again, within walking distance). One of the shuttle drivers passed this tidbit onto me and I checked it out. This may be a great thing, particularly with the stove and refrigerator in the hotel rooms. Unfortunately, we didn’t take advantage of this.
The pool was a typical hotel pool (from 3-5 feet), but what I found interesting was that it is manned by a lifeguard. That's a good thing, mind you... it's just unusual. Our kids went swimming and enjoyed themselves, until the rain stopped and we could hit more sights in DC.
I’d be remiss if I didn’t give a special thank you to Brittany (I hope that’s spelled right) for helping us out so much! The upgrade was FANTASTIC and my family and I greatly appreciated your help. It made our vacation that much better. Also, to all of the drivers that carted us back and forth throughout the weekend we cannot thank you enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel is 100% non-smoking and pet friendly. The hotel is centrally just off I495, Arlington Boulevard /Rout 50 and I66. The Mosaic Shopping District is across the street from the hotel and has many restaurants and shops. This unique upscale shopping district includes stores like, Target, Mom’s Organic Market and, Angelika Film Center and many other restaurants and shops in a park setting. The Dunn Lorning -Merrifield Metro station is only a half mile from the hotel. The hotel also offers free shuttle service within a 5-mile radius of the hotel. Monday – Thursday night the hotel offers a free hot dinner and a full hot breakfast daily. Each suite is equipped with a full kitchen and living room with a sleeper sofa. The hotel has a heated indoor pool and an outdoor patio area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Falls Church reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Falls Church Hotel Falls Church
- Homewood Falls Church
- Falls Church Homewood Suites