“Wish we had more time!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Falls Church
Connecticut
“Wish we had more time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We booked this hotel on our way back from North Carolina because we would have 5 in the room. We got close to the hotel fairly early so we stopped at Kings Dominion for a few hours and arrived at the hotel just before 10 PM. I did not get the name of the person checking us in but he was really good. I asked if the pool was still open and he let me know if was closing soon but you could tell he wished it was open for us. When we decided to stop off at the amusement park we knew that could happen. We had a room on the third floor near the elevator but could barely hear it. Room was spotless. I know this because that is the first thing I do when I arrive. Nice touches like special folding of towels. I had a lovely letter thanking me for being a Hilton Honors member and letting me know things offered at the hotel. Room service offered by the diner at the end of the parking lot. They still had fresh hot coffee in the lobby at that hour of check in. We went down for breakfast and the food was good. More offerings then a Hampton and glass dishes and silver ware. The scones were very good. We had to check out early to get back on the road so we missed out on the patio, pool and hot tub. Upon checkout a different gentleman was at the desk he too was very nice asking about our stay . This will be our new stopping place on the way to North Carolina. We will try to get to the hotel earlier to enjoy it more and possibly the meals offered Monday- Thursday.

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Arabic first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I would say more about the locations than the accommodations. Ideally located, the hotel is next to new retail/restaurant developments. You will need these for shopping (groceries) and to eat your meals if you don't make use of the room's kitchen.

The area is trendy and welcoming to people of all ages - from young children to seniors. My family of 5 stayed at the hotel. It was a little cramped and the only bathroom was accessed through the bedroom which made it inconvenient for the person who slept in the living room and who woke us up every time they entered the bedroom.

Pillows were lacking support and in number. Beds were only average.

The hotel has a nice pool and hot tub which my family enjoyed. Breakfast was included - buffet style. Typical buffer - nothing to write home about, and nothing to complain about.

I would stay again, but only after I tried others first.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hanover, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The hotel was very appealing -- courteous staff, excellent food offerings, attractive rooms. Our only complaint was the softness of the mattresses which made the sharing of a Queen bad by 2 people very challenging. Good pet (dog) facilities were offered.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

San Antonio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Great accomodations, value, and service. wish everything that comes with it was closer to the DC area. Love the proximity to Metro and shopping areas. Went on a field trip to the Homewood Stes in the DC, convention center area, but it didn't have the same amenitites. By a long shot, this place is best!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

The rate was better than I expected especially for a suite. The room was comfortable and spacious. The breakfast was good differed each day. The staff were friendly and the driver for transportation to the railway were always super nice and helpful. Great place to stay especially if visiting D.C.

Stayed July 2014
Shrub Oak, NY, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Always a quality stay @ this hotel; the entire staff is always tremendous. The rooms are perfect, the lobby/eating area has that "at home" feeling. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, especially if more of a long term basis.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Positives to staying at this hotel: close to a metro stop, shopping and dining. It was also not far from relatives we were there to visit. Staff was friendly and helpful.
Negatives: housekeeping was disappointing. One of the days we were there, they didn't even come into our room to clean (and we had not left a do not disturb sign out). Breakfast was blah-eggs were not fully heated nor was the potatoes. I ended up eating yogurt and cereal the rest of the time. Rate on room was different (higher) than what I had reserved online. I have to say that I was fairly disappointed in our stay but at least we weren't in the room that much. Not sure I would choose this particular hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Falls Church? Share your experiences!