I'm an independent consultant in town for a conference, and all costs are ultimately out of my pocket, so cost is a paramount concern. I found this hotel on TripAdvisor and gave it a shot based on prior reviews, cost, and proximity to the DC Metro (subway/bus) lines.
The cab driver from Dulles said he'd never taken anyone to this hotel before, and relied on his GPS to get my party to the hotel. I was undeterred. Gladly, I was not disappointed.
The hotel is in a stretch of the subdued bedroom community of Falls Church that has seen some recent low-rise real estate development (check Google Street View for pics). There are quite a few restaurants within a 1/4 mile. U-VA is less than a mile away.
The hotel is not much to look at from the street, but once inside and in your room, you immediately appreciate the recent renovations, utterly clean bed and bath, and low traffic. There's a microwave and refrigerator in the room. The wi-fi was solid. Mine had a shower rather than a tub. The drinking cups are disposable. There was always plenty of available parking. There is no pool. The rooms are neither tight nor spacious but always very quiet. The desk staff was accommodating, and provided info on the Metro and local restaurants. The morning coffee, OJ and packaged danish were enough to stem hunger in the morning, and appreciated for what they were.
The closest thing of which I can be critical - of no fault of the hotel - is that the walk from the hotel to the West Falls Church Metro station was about a mile, which in the 20 degree F weather was a bit of a hike. We took the bus to and from the Metro ($1.50) beyond the first morning, which picked us up literally across the street from the hotel (we would sometimes forego the bus and took a cab instead, at $7.50 each way). If you're willing, you *can* stay here and do business in DC without having to rent a car.
You won't find a concierge, bellhop or room service here, friends. On the other hand, if you're looking for quiet, comfortable lodging in DC that won't break the bank, this hotel screams "excellent value" in a way that puts other similar ends-in-a-number so-called value chains to shame. Highly recommended.
- Also Known As:
- Inns Of Virginia - Falls Church Hotel
- Inns Of Virginia - Falls Church Hotel Falls Church
- Hotel Of Virginia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quiet hotel tucked away in down town Falls Church. Newly renovated deluxe rooms in January 2007. All rooms have cable with HBO on a 27" flat screen tv, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker. Free T1 high speed wireless internet. Free continental breakfast daily. All interior rooms. Magnetic key card entry. Free parking. Over twenty restaurants within walking distance. Easy access to bus and subway. Thirty mile biking trail is nearby. Close to Tysons corner and Washington DC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Inns of Virginia - Falls Church reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.