I read with particular interest the long and involved post dated January 9, 2012 from someone who stayed at the Inns of Virginia Falls Church, Falls Church, VA. Perhaps things have greatly changed since then, but my experience has and still is quite different. The poster warns women who are alone not to stay at this hotel. The poster says that he/she went to the front desk a couple of times to complain about smoke coming from an adjacent room. The poster complains about the lack of cleanliness, and the fact that the staff would not accommodate his or her many needs. Perhaps the poster would have been more comfortable, and should have considered staying at some of the nearby hotels, including the Ritz Carlton ($409/night), The Westin ($239/night), or the the McLean Hilton ($282/night) where I'm sure even they can't meet everyone's particular and specific requirements. What in heaven’s name does one expect for $90/night? Let me tell you based on my experience because I recently stayed at this hotel for several weeks -- again -- while in town for work-related business in D.C. Smoking: I asked for a non smoking room and got it on a non-smoking floor. The hotel staff does their best, but they can’t always control what people do. Instead of going downstairs to repeatedly complain about the smoke, why not just pick up the phone and call the manager on duty if one is so “afraid” of other guests?
Cleanliness: I NEVER had a problem with the cleanliness of my room. Also, the bed was extremely comfortable, even another guest remarked about the same thing.
Staff: From the front desk representatives (especially Michael the manager) to the housekeepers, I received nothing but excellent service and an “above and beyond the call of duty” level of accommodation.
Safety: As a woman alone, who travels a great deal, I have never felt unsafe at this hotel. The parking lot is extremely well lit at night; there is only one entrance (so you have to pass the front desk to get to the elevator or stairwell). The hotel is located in the quiet, historic, prosperous and SAFE community of Falls Church, VA where the Police Station is within walking distance (and the police are on the ball believe me – you better not drive more than 25 MPH around there – they are serious!), along with a public park, library, numerous restaurants, public transportation beautiful family orientated neighborhoods, etc. again, all within walking distance.
Yes the hotel is older, but the furnishings are more than decent, there is free WiFi and HBO. And if you want a more substantial contentiental breakfast than what is offered, simply walk across the street.
As mentioned, I travel frequently, and stay in many hotels. I have only written one other Trip Advisor hotel review, and that was for the Blue Moon Hotel in Miami (South Beach), another great little find. But I feel that it's important to "give credit where credit's due" especially for the non-chain, operations.
To sum it up, for $90/night you can’t do better in the Washington, D.C. area -- PERIOD. This is the third time I have stayed at this hotel, and I would highly recommend it if you are looking for a CLEAN, SAFE & COURTEOUS experience.
- Also Known As:
- Inns Of Virginia - Falls Church Hotel
- Inns Of Virginia - Falls Church Hotel Falls Church
- Hotel Of Virginia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quiet hotel tucked away in down town Falls Church. Newly renovated deluxe rooms in January 2007. All rooms have cable with HBO on a 27" flat screen tv, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker. Free T1 high speed wireless internet. Free continental breakfast daily. All interior rooms. Magnetic key card entry. Free parking. Over twenty restaurants within walking distance. Easy access to bus and subway. Thirty mile biking trail is nearby. Close to Tysons corner and Washington DC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Inns of Virginia - Falls Church reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.