“A Wonderful Stay Every Time!” 5 of 5 stars

Inns of Virginia - Falls Church
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   421 W Broad Street, Falls Church, VA 22046   |
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Falls Church
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A Wonderful Stay Every Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I read with particular interest the long and involved post dated January 9, 2012 from someone who stayed at the Inns of Virginia Falls Church, Falls Church, VA. Perhaps things have greatly changed since then, but my experience has and still is quite different. The poster warns women who are alone not to stay at this hotel. The poster says that he/she went to the front desk a couple of times to complain about smoke coming from an adjacent room. The poster complains about the lack of cleanliness, and the fact that the staff would not accommodate his or her many needs. Perhaps the poster would have been more comfortable, and should have considered staying at some of the nearby hotels, including the Ritz Carlton ($409/night), The Westin ($239/night), or the the McLean Hilton ($282/night) where I'm sure even they can't meet everyone's particular and specific requirements. What in heaven’s name does one expect for $90/night? Let me tell you based on my experience because I recently stayed at this hotel for several weeks -- again -- while in town for work-related business in D.C. Smoking: I asked for a non smoking room and got it on a non-smoking floor. The hotel staff does their best, but they can’t always control what people do. Instead of going downstairs to repeatedly complain about the smoke, why not just pick up the phone and call the manager on duty if one is so “afraid” of other guests?
Cleanliness: I NEVER had a problem with the cleanliness of my room. Also, the bed was extremely comfortable, even another guest remarked about the same thing.
Staff: From the front desk representatives (especially Michael the manager) to the housekeepers, I received nothing but excellent service and an “above and beyond the call of duty” level of accommodation.
Safety: As a woman alone, who travels a great deal, I have never felt unsafe at this hotel. The parking lot is extremely well lit at night; there is only one entrance (so you have to pass the front desk to get to the elevator or stairwell). The hotel is located in the quiet, historic, prosperous and SAFE community of Falls Church, VA where the Police Station is within walking distance (and the police are on the ball believe me – you better not drive more than 25 MPH around there – they are serious!), along with a public park, library, numerous restaurants, public transportation beautiful family orientated neighborhoods, etc. again, all within walking distance.
Yes the hotel is older, but the furnishings are more than decent, there is free WiFi and HBO. And if you want a more substantial contentiental breakfast than what is offered, simply walk across the street.
As mentioned, I travel frequently, and stay in many hotels. I have only written one other Trip Advisor hotel review, and that was for the Blue Moon Hotel in Miami (South Beach), another great little find. But I feel that it's important to "give credit where credit's due" especially for the non-chain, operations.

To sum it up, for $90/night you can’t do better in the Washington, D.C. area -- PERIOD. This is the third time I have stayed at this hotel, and I would highly recommend it if you are looking for a CLEAN, SAFE & COURTEOUS experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor if you are a non-smoker
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Charlottesville, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Originally planned to stay at this hotel for three nights. We booked this hotel because of its proximity to the GRE testing location (just a few blocks away). Unfortunately, I didn't read reviews before making the appointment.

Our first negative experience happened before we even left home - around 7 pm we received a call asking if we were planning on checking in. Apparently they were fully booked and wanted to know if we were still planning on coming in. Even though they had my credit card information (and I assumed would have charged me for not making the appointment), they apparently expected us to arrive by a certain time.

When we finally arrived and checked in, we were disappointed. The halls and elevator smelled strongly of smoke and the halls were narrow and dark. Even though we were in a non-smoking room, the room also smelled. The room and linens seemed clean, however the towels seemed too new (as in not-yet-washed). The mattress was also incredibly uncomfortable. It just seemed like they cut costs everywhere possible.

We got out of there as quickly as possible - after two nights (one before and after the GRE) we cancelled our third night and stayed at a nearby hotel that was a huge improvement.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Homer City, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed 3 nights. It is a small hotel, but very clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful, especially the manager Michael. There was plenty of parking, a selection of pre packaged pastry, fruit, juice, and coffee. Not a fancy place, but very convenient to where we had to be. There was some noise at night from other rooms, but that happens at any hotel. I would stay there again

Room Tip: Treat the staff the way you expect to be treated
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Did not enjoy my stay here. Felt quite unsafe. The free breakfast is prepackaged Sarah Lee cakes and apple juice. Room is poorly maintained (tub drain was plugged), bed uncomfortable. Was happy to leave in the morning

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
New Delhi, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Rudest hotel manager I have come across. Called me at 7am to tell me he's cancelled my booking for this Memorial day because there is a 2-night minimum. No one informed me of this when the booking was made. The desk clerk last evening informed me that it was there mistake and that all would be fine. I am now left with having to find hotel rooms for my guests last minute.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Delaware City, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

1.)Their website says flat screen, indeed it is but it's 2 feet thick not 2 inches.
2.)They boast new carpet, I don't think so, the carpet does not look like 4 to 5 yrs.old,
it looks like 10. The reason, poor maintenance, seems like they don't have a periodic
carpet wash. Managers should double check the rooms after being cleaned house-
keeper's from time to time. Hope this message get's the owner's attention.
3.) No proper ventilation, were in a non smoking room, but the hallway smells smoke.
Everytime you turn on the exhaust fan in the bathroom it sucks the smelly air from the
hallway,especially with that inch and a half gap between the door and the floor.
Hope the management would make positive action from my feed back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Lincolnton, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

If you are just looking for a comfortable, clean palce to stay in Falls Church, this is the place for you. As long as you are not looking for any more than a place to sleep. The motel is a small thin building tucked in next to an aparment complex right on West Broad St. Very convenient to all of downtown Falls Church. My wife and I have both needed outpatient surgery at the nearby Kaiser facility recently. We needed an inexpensive place to stay. While not overly cheap, this place ahd the best rates in the area. The bed was extremely comfy and the room was clan. Great shower pressure is a plus for us. Staff is friendly and helpful. No frills except for a continental breakfast consisting of coffee, oj, Sara Lee muffins and danish. Would recommend this motel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Inns of Virginia - Falls Church? Share your experiences!