We chose the TownePlace Suites in Falls Church as the most convenient and affordable place for us to stay while holidaying in Washington, DC. A two bedroom suite works best for us with the adults in the main bedroom, our boys in the other bedroom and the eldest on the fold out couch. Overall, it's not too far from Washington via I-66 nearby, however we opted to use the Metro as there's a fairly large commuter lot at the West Falls Church Metro station. Also, the two bedroom suites seem to be corner suites so having windows on two sides was nice, the views out our windows were the parking lot and the residences behind.
I think of the hotel itself as basic and fairly well maintained. My preference would have been a Residence Inn as it's offers a bit more, larger rooms and two full bathrooms, but the TownePlace Suites was perfectly serviceable. It was nice that there were TVs in the two bedrooms and in the living room. The kitchen had fridge, stove, microwave, coffeemaker and toaster. Oddly, there was no kettle so we boiled water for tea in the microwave using the coffeemaker carafe. As mentioned in another review, you can ask for additional stuff but it's kinda odd that there's only two bath towels in the bathroom and one teenie-weenie bottle of shampoo.
During mornings a 'snack' is offered in the main office. There's coffee and hot chocolate, bottled juices, fruit, and individually packaged muffins and buns as well as bagels (and cream cheese) and a selection of whole fruits. Also, hooray, you can pick up the daily Washington Post and/or USA Today.
The staff is friendly and helpful, and we more than happy to get us a couple of extra towels.
From our room we could see the wireless Internet access point but the wired connection was better. (Especially as we have a travel size wireless router.) It made it possible for me to use the desk in the main bedroom and have reliable Internet access. Otherwise, you'd need a 30-foot cable or to try to coax the wireless access to work.
Some of the limitations of the 'basic' build quality of the TownePlace Suites is that some of the doorframes are beginning to warp and one the master bedroom door didn't always latch. Also, it's nice that the toilet/bath/shower were separated from the sink by a door but the doorframe here too was separating from the wall. Lastly, like some of the other reviewers, we could have wished for slightly better soundproofing. One of our neighbours decided to watch TV at 3AM, we couldn't make out any of the words but we definitely could identify it as a TV program. No, I don't think they had it particularly loud, rather I think the wall construction made it a mediocre sound conductor (rather and a sound insulator/barrier).
Finally, a few words about the neighbourhood. There are a couple of restaurants that are walkable. There's a 'Giant' grocery store near the West Falls Church Metro, a nearby Starbucks, and an upscale mall in Tyson's Corners. Our normal day was to have breakfast in the room, we brought cereal and toast and stuff. Head off to the Metro to spend the day in Washington, DC visiting attractions and museums and come back to the room to kick back for a bit before going out to dinner. Then back to the hotel and crash, except for one night when we did some of the National Mall monuments at night. (Well worth the late evening.)
All told, I'd stay at the TownePlace Suites with the family again, unless we found a Residence Inn that was as handy to the Metro.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit TownePlace Suites Falls Church with easy access to Tyson's Corner, The Pentagon, Arlington National Cemetery and Washington DC attractions. Guest suites feature fully-equipped kitchens complete with pots and pans, luxurious Marriott bedding and complimentary high speed internet. Stay in shape while visiting the Northern Virginia area in our hotel fitness center or relax by our outdoor swimming pool. Get a great start to the morning with our complimentary breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Marriott, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your TownePlace Suites Falls Church reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites Falls Church Hotel Falls Church
- Falls Church Towneplace Suites