“Visit with family” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Richmond, Virginia
“Visit with family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Visited the weekend of April 18, 2015. Nice room space, well designed for efficiency. Kitchenette decent size fully equipped. Bed comfortable, linens just fine. Thoughtful layout for TV accessibility from bed or couch. Bathroom good sized. Staff friendly. Nice outdoor appeal. Felt secure. A little hidden in a neighborhood area. Would stay again.

Stayed April 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I spent several weeks here last fall as I was relocating to the area, and this turned out to be the perfect place. The value was tremendous--I did a lot of research ahead of time and couldn't find anything else in the area that offered this much at such good rates. My room had everything I needed. There was a full kitchen with cutlery, which housekeeping maintained well. Upstairs there were washers and dryers for laundry. The hotel was close to restaurants, shops, and car rental places. The staff were consistently friendly and helpful. They even received mail for me and informed me promptly when it arrived. The free coffee, tea, newspapers, and cookies were nice perks. It was pet friendly too, thank goodness, as my pet needed a place to stay too. The free wifi worked quite well. This was a terrific place to be. Highly recommended. This review is overdue, but better late than never!

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground floor, but an upper floor room might be a better option so you don't hear...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Panama City, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Overall the hotel was really great. We only stayed overnight on a quick trip to the DC area. We stayed in a two room suite and it was roomy and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful for advising restaurants! The price couldn't be beat, a great place to stay if you don't mind riding the metro! We will definitely be back next trip!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The staff at TownePlace Suites is amazing! They made my trip to DC easier. Quan and Dianna are amazing. They fulfilled our every need to helping us getting a cab to and from the Metro Rail, suggesting the best places for pizza, and ensuring our needs were met. The room was clean and somewhat spacious. I had trouble with the thermostat and Wi-Fi, but Quan was quick to help me fix it to my liking. I will definitely stay here again! Thank you TownePlace Suites!

Room Tip: Very quiet, safe, suite, kitchen, large bathroom
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Abington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The staff here is very friendly and accommodating. I stayed here while on long term travel for work. They have a really nice breakfast bar and a good selection of grab and go items. The hotel is in a mixed residential/commercial area. It seemed very safe and wasn't too noisy at night. There are a variety of dining options nearby and plenty of shopping. The amenity I most appreciated was the kitchen in my suite. I was able to cook my own meals and didn't have to buy dinner every night. It really did feel like home.

Room Tip: There is a Gym and an outdoor pool too
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Darren W, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Falls Church, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Hello and thank you very much for all of the compliments about the property. As always, we value your feedback and look forward to seeing you again in the future, as your “home away from home”.

Warm Regards,

Darren Walker
Columbia, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2015

The best way to tell about the service level of a property is when you encounter a problem. I arrived here on business in the evening on recommendation of our business partner. The hotel is clean, efficient, comfortable, but not extravagant. It was ne of the coldest nights of the winter and upon climbing into bed I soon discovered that the heater could not keep the room temperature above 60 degrees. It was late, I was in bed and under the covers and I decided to just sleep and deal with it in the morning. This was one bracing exit out of bed in the morning!! I took a hot shower with the open bathroom door and managed to get dressed and out. On my way out I told the front desk person about the problem with the heater. They seemed genuinely concerned and promised to address it right away. On my return to the hotel later in the day I was fully prepared to find that the heater is still not sufficient for the conditions, but I found the room nice and warm and a note on the desk apologizing for the problem informing that the heater has been fixed and to contact them if I have any further issues. This type of reaction tells you all sorts of good things about the property's level of customer service, employee responsibility, and proper mindset of the staff. I can't give a 5 star - after all the heater WAS broken. But I was impressed with two they handled it and found the hotel very suitable for a business trip. Parking was plentiful, continental breakfast was served, coffee was on at 5:30 am on the morning of my departure, the room was properly cleaned and fixtures seemed fresh. When I am back to visit the same company, I will stay here again. Which is , after all, what really counts.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Dear Onepoet,

Thank you for taking the time to complement the staff on the way they handled your heater issue. We always do our best to ensure everything in the room is working properly; however, sometimes things do happen. In those situations the staff is trained with Marriott quality standards to be empathic and understanding and to realize there is a sense of urgency to rectify any issue. It’s very nice to hear that the staff came through and impressed you with their responsiveness. I hope next time you stay everything will be in working order and we can receive a five star rating from you. Once again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warm Regards,

Darren Walker
Allen, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2015

Terrific value in Northern Virginia. Staff very helpful, great location in Falls Church. Good free breakfast, convenient to shopping and dining. This is my first choice now when I travel to the area. One plus that other hotels in the area overlook is providing The Washington Post daily and Sunday for guests--most hotels I've stayed in recently only offer USA Today, which is fine, but I prefer the Post. (TownePlace offers both.)

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Darren W, Manager at TownePlace Suites Falls Church, responded to this review, February 3, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review. It is good to hear that we have been able to satisfy your needs during your stay. We'll make sure we have a Washington Post for you when you check in the next time you're traveling to the Falls Church area.

Been to TownePlace Suites Falls Church? Share your experiences!