“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 hotels in Falls Church
York, PA
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

My party of 3 stayed at this facility for 1 night. We used the 2 bedroom suite and found it to be more than satisfactory for our needs. The building is older, but well kept up. We appreciated the space involved in having the 2 bedrooms, plus the common area. The staff was extremely accomodating and helpful with all our needs. We received clear directions to a Metro parking area, and were able to enjoy our day in DC as we hoped. The breakfast room is very tiny, so I would recommend taking the tray from your room with you when you go for breakfast. This makes it easier to bring your breakfast back to your room if necessary. The breakfast is fairly basic, but certainly adequate to get a start in the morning. We felt that the hotel was quite a good value.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Darren W, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Falls Church, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Thank you Lorraine for your valuable feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your stay along with experiencing added convenience from your two bedroom suite and great customer service from our staff! Please continue to keep us in mind, as your home away from home, when visiting the Falls Church area. We look forward to your return the next time you visit!

Sincerely yours,

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I had made a reservation using Marriott rewards points for May 15 for one night. I called on April 26 to find out how much cash I would need for incidentals since my room was already paid for. I like to be prepared for my trip ahead of time especially since I would have been traveling alone four hours away from home.

I was told that they DO NOT accept cash for incidentals and only take credit cards. I have worked in the hotel industry for ten years (including a Marriott hotel) and this was the first time that I have ever heard of such a thing. The gentleman on the phone was very rude and not helpful at all after I explained to him that I do not own a credit card.

I hung up the phone and promptly cancelled my reservation. I reserved another room at a Courtyard Marriott after calling them first to make sure they would take cash. This does not make sense to me because both hotels are owned by the same company. I am happy that I had the fore thought to call the hotel weeks before my arrival date. That would have been a nasty surprise if I had not done so. I will never think about staying at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Darren W, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Falls Church, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear valued guest,

I would like to take a moment to apologize to you, in that, you feel the gentleman at the front desk was rude and not helpful to you. It is my expectation that every guest, whether they stayed at the hotel or not, is treated with the utmost respect and consideration. I am happy to hear that the Courtyard was able to accommodate your needs. If you require further assistance or have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me at the hotel. I would be happy to assist you or explain any questions you have to a level of your satisfaction.

Warm Regards,

Darren.walker@marriott.com
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

The hotel staff - from front desk to housekeeping - are all extremely helpful and courteous. It is obvious as a guest that the entire team works together and pitches in. They are accommodating and well versed in the resources around the hotel. The hotel is conveniently located, and well-suited for functional / not luxurious business travel. Rooms were clean, but the tub looked a bit tired.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you Lynne for your feedback on your recent stay at the TownePlace Suites Falls Church. We are glad you enjoyed your stay along with experiencing great customer service from all our staff. Please continue to keep us in mind, as your home away from home, when visiting the Falls Church area. We look forward to your return the next time you visit!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

This is a nice hotel to stay near Washington D.C., everything is clean, continental breakfast, quite neighborhood!! Upon check-in the staff did everything in their power to accommodate us. They are friendly and courteous! The rooms are clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Room on second floor are quieter
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Darren W, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Falls Church, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
We appreciate your feedback Mariano on your recent stay at the TownePlace Suites Falls Church. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate guests, like yourself, that choose to stay with us among other choices in the area. Thank you for sharing your review and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Neat, quiet and friendly air. I'll definitely repeat the stay. There is nothing better than checking into a hotel and saying, "this is good." In addition to the good services, the atmosphere is friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Thank you Uche for your feedback on your recent stay at the TownePlace Suites Falls Church. We are glad you enjoyed your stay along with experiencing a welcoming and friendly environment. We look forward to your return the next time you visit!
Eldersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Wasn't sure what to expect? A group of us were going to the State Theater to see a show and stay the night! The Theater's website recommend TownePlace Suites and said to mention the theater for a discount. That drop the price down a bit, but to our surprise the room and a Mini full kitchen, excellent bed and was better than the price would lead you! The daytime manger Darren was extremely gracious as well as the night time lady (Sorry didn't catch her name!) I would gladly recommend this hotel to everybody! My wife and I are already planning another overnight trip back to the hotel & theater! Can't say enough.....Very Happy!

Room Tip: Like to see more Pictures!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Andrew D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Falls Church, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to learn that you had an excellent stay with us and we were able to exceeed your expectations! Glad that you found my customer service to be gracious and we appreciate wonderful travelers like yourself that choose to stay with us among the many choices in the area. Looking forward to seeing you again while visiting the area to attend another awesome State Theatre show!

Warm Regards,

Darren.walker@marriott.com
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

TownePlace meets the standards of the Marriott I've come to expect. Although the property is an older one, and built before the more spacious lobby/breakfast room was the norm, the property is clean and the suites spacious. The service was excellent and the morning adequate, including the usual yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal, toast, etc. The hotel is located about 1 mile from the metro and is near restaurants and shops. One thing: the gym is very tiny -- really just one treadmill and one elliptical machine.

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor if you want to avoid the dog wallkers and smokers.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Andrew D, Manager at TownePlace Suites Falls Church, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you Donna for your feedback on your recent stay at the TownePlace Suites Falls Church. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel along the standards of other Marriott properties you have experienced.

Glad that that you found our local metro station to be within a convenient distance to the hotel along with other restaurants and shops close by. Thank you for your review along with helpful suggestions. We look forward to your return the next time you visit!

Been to TownePlace Suites Falls Church? Share your experiences!