“DC Convenience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Falls Church
Brea, California
“DC Convenience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Hotel had amenities for a nice stay in DC area: suite, kitchen and easy access to Metro subway to DC and surrounding areas.

The access to the interstate is also nearby and only a 10 minute ride to the sights in DC ( assuming normal traffic, longer during rush hour).

Free breakfast and a courteous staff made it a nice and comfortable stay in Virginia/Washington DC area. The staff also pointed out helpful tips to the Metro lines and stops to get off to see the sights.

Would recommend and stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for second floor rooms if privacy is valued.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Andrew D, Manager at TownePlace Suites Falls Church, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the TownePlace Suites Falls Church. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that you found our location convenient to the local metro station and DC surrounding areas! Please continue to keep us in mind, as your home away from home, when visiting the Falls Church area. We look forward to your return the next time you visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I'm in my second week at the hotel (on business) and it just like the title says, Simple, Nice and Clean. The big things for me are always cleanliness, lack of noise, internet access and a dark room. and three out of four are fine. It's a little noisy on the street side, but not terribly so. On the other side, there's a church bell that goes off every hour on the hour, but I confess I never heard it at 10 pm and it never woke me up. The surrounding area is Ok. There a few resteraunts nearby that you can walk to, so that's nice, but I might not want to be out there too late at night. People do smoke right outside the door ways and I wish the whole Marriott chain would find a way to put a stop to that. If you're looking for a nice clean place to get some work done this place should do the trick. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay at the TownePlace Suites Falls Church. We look forward to seeing you again in the future when you're visiting Falls Church!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

For the Marriott standard, this is a very average hotel. At best, this is a 2-star hotel. The area is OK but hotel surroundings looks shady. We reached there at 3 AM and a shady guy was standing in front of our suite building, smoking. Customer service is good and the room was clean. But the hotel needs a serious upgrade.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Andrew D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Falls Church, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. As always we are looking for ways to make our guest’s stay more enjoyable. I am sorry to hear that you felt the accommodations were not upgraded. The hotel had a full renovation last June, in which, the property has new paint, carpet, new exercise equipment with personal televisions, complimentary wireless internet, and much more. Also, the front desk is staffed 24 hours a day to ensure our guest’s safety. I personally take interest in the guest’s comments and strive to ensure our guests have the best stay possible. Please feel free to contact me during your next stay and I will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Sincerely yours,
Darren Walker
Staunton, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Was looking for a hotel in the Falls Church and Arlington area based solely on price for a one night stay. TownPlace Suites proved to be well worth the price. Small studio room was clean and had a full size refrigerator, stove/oven, dishwasher, and microwave. The hotel was located within a 10 minute walk of several nice restaurants and about a 10 minute drive to the Metro subway. Will definitely be back the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Andrew D, Manager at TownePlace Suites Falls Church, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you Steve for your feedback on your recent stay at the TownePlace Suites Falls Church. We are glad you enjoyed your stay along with our hotel's convenient location to restaurants and the metro. We look forward to seeing again in the future when you visit Falls Church.
St James City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Sincere welcome at the reception desk, a small but well designed suite, healthy breakfast and quiet location all made for a pleasant stay. The young man who welcomed us seemed genuinely happy that we had arrived at this Marriott location which was nice after some harrowing traffic experiences. The room was comfortable and if we had been staying longer that two days, we would have taken more advantage of the kitchen. Breakfast selections included a nice variety of fresh fruit. The breakfast room was small and a little hard to move in with lots of people, but there was some additional seating in the lobby. We took a nice walk to a fun Saturday Farmers Market in the center of Falls Church. Weekend rates were very reasonable and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Andrew D, Property Coordinator at TownePlace Suites Falls Church, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay at the TownePlace Suites Falls Church. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to take some time to enjoy a local activity in the area.

We look forward to seeing again in the future when you visit Falls Church!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is only hotel that I have been to that I could give a five star rating to. The hotel was extremely clean. I was able to walk bare feet in the room and not feel icky about doing that. I was able also to walk bare feet into the shower that is how clean this place was. The room had a nice smell to it. The kitchen was completely greaseless. I would like to come back to this place on a regular basis.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the TownePlace Suites Falls Church. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that we could make you feel right at home! Please continue to keep us in mind, as your home away from home, when visiting the Falls Church area.

We look forward to your return the next time you visit!
State College, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

This would have been a pleasant place to stay, except for the fact that the baby crib they promised us was not provided. Their excuse? "One of the two they had was broken." Their solution? Sending my husband driving across town at 9:30 at night to pick up a crib from another Marriott property, so that our very sleepy toddler could have a safe place to sleep. I simply can not recommended this place for families with small children.

• Stayed August 2013
Andrew D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Falls Church, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for you valuable feedback. I understand how frustrating it must have been not having a crib during your stay and I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that caused you. In my opinion, having a crib in your room, as per your request, is an acceptable expectation. On many occasions, I have directed that staff to go to another Marriott property to borrow a crib, if all of our cribs are being utilized. This is my expectation of what should have taken place and you should not have been burdened with picking up a crib from another property. Once again, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. In the future, please feel free to directly contact me and I will be happy to personally ensure that all of your reasonable expectations have been met. I look forward to you staying with us again. Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback.

Sincerely yours,
Darren Walker

Been to TownePlace Suites Falls Church? Share your experiences!