“Quiet location. Walking distance to center of Falls Church” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Falls Church
St James City
“Quiet location. Walking distance to center of Falls Church”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Sincere welcome at the reception desk, a small but well designed suite, healthy breakfast and quiet location all made for a pleasant stay. The young man who welcomed us seemed genuinely happy that we had arrived at this Marriott location which was nice after some harrowing traffic experiences. The room was comfortable and if we had been staying longer that two days, we would have taken more advantage of the kitchen. Breakfast selections included a nice variety of fresh fruit. The breakfast room was small and a little hard to move in with lots of people, but there was some additional seating in the lobby. We took a nice walk to a fun Saturday Farmers Market in the center of Falls Church. Weekend rates were very reasonable and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Andrew D, Property Coordinator at TownePlace Suites Falls Church, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay at the TownePlace Suites Falls Church. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to take some time to enjoy a local activity in the area.

We look forward to seeing again in the future when you visit Falls Church!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is only hotel that I have been to that I could give a five star rating to. The hotel was extremely clean. I was able to walk bare feet in the room and not feel icky about doing that. I was able also to walk bare feet into the shower that is how clean this place was. The room had a nice smell to it. The kitchen was completely greaseless. I would like to come back to this place on a regular basis.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the TownePlace Suites Falls Church. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that we could make you feel right at home! Please continue to keep us in mind, as your home away from home, when visiting the Falls Church area.

We look forward to your return the next time you visit!
State College, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

This would have been a pleasant place to stay, except for the fact that the baby crib they promised us was not provided. Their excuse? "One of the two they had was broken." Their solution? Sending my husband driving across town at 9:30 at night to pick up a crib from another Marriott property, so that our very sleepy toddler could have a safe place to sleep. I simply can not recommended this place for families with small children.

• Stayed August 2013
Andrew D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Falls Church, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for you valuable feedback. I understand how frustrating it must have been not having a crib during your stay and I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that caused you. In my opinion, having a crib in your room, as per your request, is an acceptable expectation. On many occasions, I have directed that staff to go to another Marriott property to borrow a crib, if all of our cribs are being utilized. This is my expectation of what should have taken place and you should not have been burdened with picking up a crib from another property. Once again, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. In the future, please feel free to directly contact me and I will be happy to personally ensure that all of your reasonable expectations have been met. I look forward to you staying with us again. Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback.

Sincerely yours,
Hampstead, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and I flew in from NH to rent a motorcycle at Eaglerider, to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway. We chose this property because it was .25 mile walk to pick up bike and we are also Marriott rewards members. We did not have a reservation, but was able to get a room for one night, checked in quickly, room was clean, spacious, had a kitchenette, bed was comfortable, for only $87! Good coffee, very basic breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay at the TownePlace Suites Falls Church. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we were able to quickly accommodate your needs without a reservation along with offering you a price point that worked for your budget!

We look forward to your return the next time you visit!
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This TownePlace Suites is typical of the Marriott chain - clean and comfortable with a decent self-serve breakfast. It's about two miles from the Metro at the West Falls Church station. Covered parking is ample at $4.75 a day. You can pay with your credit card at the exit. Do not try to put the parking amount on the rail ticket as this does not work! After the peak hours, the fare to L'Enfant station next to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum and the Museum of the American Indian and near the Capitol is $3.25 . From L'Enfant it is easy to visit all the mall museums, and there is another station called Smithsonian near the Washington Monument end of the mall if you'd like to return to the Metro that way.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew D, Manager at TownePlace Suites Falls Church, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of the TownePlace Suites Falls Church. We hope you keep us in mind the next time you are visiting the area.
Bealeton, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The breakfast has gotten better but the "high speed" internet is anything but high speed, tried it at various times of the day and late night and slowwww. Also since Townplace Suites and Residence Inn's are supposed to be extended stay hotels then why is the "free high speed internet" day by day? I've stayed at some Marriotts that it is a week at a time...?? If you need to do work at the hotel it could be a problem....I've stayed at this location 2-3 times before and the internet was faster...
Also refrigerator was sent to the lowest setting - I put items in freezer it took me until the second day before I realized it - my frozen stuff was defrosting and the ice didn't freeze overnight in the trays. I've never stayed in the outlying building before - the water pressure is also less as the shower didn't have much pressure. Didn't experience any of these problems when I stayed in the building that the office is in.
The place does have a nice small outdoor pool and a gas grill for guests to use.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Andrew D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Falls Church, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am pleased to hear that things are improving at the property since your last stay. After a review at speedtest.net the internet speeds are as follows: the download speed is 3023 kbps and upload speed is 2922 kbps, which are both good for T1. Also, I did take your advice and now there is an option to log into the internet for one week complimentary. Additional items, such as, hard-boiled eggs have been added to the breakfast for protein. Please feel free to contact the front desk concerning any challenges you are having with your room during your stay, i.e. the refrigerator not cooling or water pressure in the room. It is very important to ensure you have an enjoyable stay and we would like to make sure your expectations are always met. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Warm Regards,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Spacious & clean rooms, Freezing cold small reception area, that's my only criticism otherwise, I felt at home & the staff were awesome. I would like to thank Mr. RMANDO, FRONT DESK, who solved my cash problem, compensated me when I complained abou the unclarity of 1 TV channel! That was extremely professional & kind, I will be back next week & I will recommend this hotel to whoever I like. Thank you Armando & all Front desk gentlemen, I met over there...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Andrew D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Falls Church, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about Armando. It is always nice to hear positive feedback about guest’s stays. Armando is truly a gentleman. I am happy to hear that all of the challenges you faced were taken care of in a kind and professional manner. . Please keep us in mind the next time you’re in the Falls Church area and feel free to ask me any questions.

Warm Regards,

Darren.walker@marriott.com

Been to TownePlace Suites Falls Church? Share your experiences!