“Convenient to the Metro for visiting Washington DC” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 14 hotels in Falls Church
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Convenient to the Metro for visiting Washington DC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This TownePlace Suites is typical of the Marriott chain - clean and comfortable with a decent self-serve breakfast. It's about two miles from the Metro at the West Falls Church station. Covered parking is ample at $4.75 a day. You can pay with your credit card at the exit. Do not try to put the parking amount on the rail ticket as this does not work! After the peak hours, the fare to L'Enfant station next to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum and the Museum of the American Indian and near the Capitol is $3.25 . From L'Enfant it is easy to visit all the mall museums, and there is another station called Smithsonian near the Washington Monument end of the mall if you'd like to return to the Metro that way.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew D, Manager at TownePlace Suites Falls Church, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of the TownePlace Suites Falls Church. We hope you keep us in mind the next time you are visiting the area.

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Bealeton, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The breakfast has gotten better but the "high speed" internet is anything but high speed, tried it at various times of the day and late night and slowwww. Also since Townplace Suites and Residence Inn's are supposed to be extended stay hotels then why is the "free high speed internet" day by day? I've stayed at some Marriotts that it is a week at a time...?? If you need to do work at the hotel it could be a problem....I've stayed at this location 2-3 times before and the internet was faster...
Also refrigerator was sent to the lowest setting - I put items in freezer it took me until the second day before I realized it - my frozen stuff was defrosting and the ice didn't freeze overnight in the trays. I've never stayed in the outlying building before - the water pressure is also less as the shower didn't have much pressure. Didn't experience any of these problems when I stayed in the building that the office is in.
The place does have a nice small outdoor pool and a gas grill for guests to use.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Andrew D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Falls Church, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am pleased to hear that things are improving at the property since your last stay. After a review at speedtest.net the internet speeds are as follows: the download speed is 3023 kbps and upload speed is 2922 kbps, which are both good for T1. Also, I did take your advice and now there is an option to log into the internet for one week complimentary. Additional items, such as, hard-boiled eggs have been added to the breakfast for protein. Please feel free to contact the front desk concerning any challenges you are having with your room during your stay, i.e. the refrigerator not cooling or water pressure in the room. It is very important to ensure you have an enjoyable stay and we would like to make sure your expectations are always met. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Spacious & clean rooms, Freezing cold small reception area, that's my only criticism otherwise, I felt at home & the staff were awesome. I would like to thank Mr. RMANDO, FRONT DESK, who solved my cash problem, compensated me when I complained abou the unclarity of 1 TV channel! That was extremely professional & kind, I will be back next week & I will recommend this hotel to whoever I like. Thank you Armando & all Front desk gentlemen, I met over there...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Andrew D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Falls Church, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about Armando. It is always nice to hear positive feedback about guest’s stays. Armando is truly a gentleman. I am happy to hear that all of the challenges you faced were taken care of in a kind and professional manner. . Please keep us in mind the next time you’re in the Falls Church area and feel free to ask me any questions.

Darren.walker@marriott.com
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Very much recommend this motel. Adequate breakfast, very friendly and helpful staff!! Bruce was concerned about my sister and myself driving to Arlington National Cemetery!! He took lots of time showing us the map of DC and tips on how to get around. Particularly to "get out of town" by 3 PM!! Have not used the Metro from this location, but this method of transportation to DC was recommended!! Home away from home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to learn that Bruce was able to assist you in making sure you made it to the sites that you wanted to visit in the Washington D.C. area. Please keep us in mind, as your home away from home, when visiting the Falls Church area. My e-mail is below, please feel free to ask me any questions.

Darren.walker@marriott.com
Poughkeepsie, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were just here for a quick two-night stay. The room was great, very clean and comfortable. The air conditioner was quiet and efficient and had an easy-to-use wall-mounted digital thermostat. The shower was fantastic. Breakfast was okay, with decent coffee and a selection of cereals, instant oatmeal, bagels, English muffins, flavored sweetened yogurt, and fruit (apples, oranges and bananas). The free wireless internet worked well and it was easy to connect my iPhone to it. There was a big flat-panel TV in the room on a fancy swivel mount. It looked good, but we didn't turn it on. Free off-street parking was appreciated. The outdoor pool looked nice, but was not yet open for the season during our visit in early May. We will likely stay at the TownePlace if we visit the Falls Church area again in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Andrew D, Manager at TownePlace Suites Falls Church, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the TownePlace Suites Falls Church. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Since your stay we have added hard boiled eggs to our breafast and all our air conditioning units are less than a year old and get serviced fequently. The hotel has also upgraded our WIFI since your stay giving 1mb for free and 1.5mb for an additional $4.95 charge. We look forward to seeing again in the future when you visit Falls Church.
Oxnard, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here for two nights while visiting family in the area. The room was clean, the decor pleasing to the eye, and the service great. It was wonderful to have a full kitchen, especially since I am on a restricted diet. The only negative is that the walls are thin. We stayed on the third floor of this property, which seems to have four to five floors. One night we awoke to the sound of people walking around above us. Hours later, we awoke again to sound, this time coming from outside the door to our building where people had congregated to smoke. The breakfast was a typical continental breakfast. It was decent. If you are on a gluten-free, dairy-free eating regime, there are essentially no options for you unless you can survive on fruit for breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of the TownePlace Suitess Falls Church. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. While we do have thin walls the hotel has purchased a few white noise machines to hopefully cut down on the unwanted noise. If there are any issues you incur during your stay we try to remedy as soon as possible. We look foward to your return the next time you visit your family.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I needed to book a last minute business trip to visit my home office and found that all of the places that I normally stay at were booked solid. Some searches online turned up the Townplace Suites and since it was one of my only options, I decided to give the property a shot.

Overall the Towneplace Suites is a very nice extended stay hotel, albeit a bit away from my ideal location (Ballston). That said, it was only a 3-mile cab ride from my office so it wasn't that inconvenient. The property was well maintained, the staff was very helpful and friendly, and my room was quite nice.

My only complaints, and minor ones at that, was that they bathroom sink stopper didn't work and that I found numerous pieces of hair on the bathroom floor. Other than those two issues I found the property to be very clean and well maintained.

And for those worried about the location and proximity to dining, there is a small shopping center next door with a market and BBQ restaurant, a little over a block away there is a Dunkin Donuts and 7-11 (convenience store) and if you're willing to take on a bit of a walk (1/2 mile) which I was you'll find numerous local and chain restaurants.

As a runner, I also appreciate the proximity to the W&OD trail which was a short run away and well worth exploring. I think the only thing that would make the property better, and something that won't happen, is convenient Metro accessibility. All said, based on my experience there I will return for future trips.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of the TownePlace Suites Falls Church. We are glad you chose to stay here instead of the other options you had. With your office in Ballston we hope that you decide to stay with us the next time your in town visiting your home office.

Been to TownePlace Suites Falls Church? Share your experiences!