“Comfortable Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Falls Church
Richmond, Virginia
“Comfortable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Very much recommend this motel. Adequate breakfast, very friendly and helpful staff!! Bruce was concerned about my sister and myself driving to Arlington National Cemetery!! He took lots of time showing us the map of DC and tips on how to get around. Particularly to "get out of town" by 3 PM!! Have not used the Metro from this location, but this method of transportation to DC was recommended!! Home away from home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Andrew D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Falls Church, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to learn that Bruce was able to assist you in making sure you made it to the sites that you wanted to visit in the Washington D.C. area. Please keep us in mind, as your home away from home, when visiting the Falls Church area. My e-mail is below, please feel free to ask me any questions.

Darren.walker@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Poughkeepsie, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were just here for a quick two-night stay. The room was great, very clean and comfortable. The air conditioner was quiet and efficient and had an easy-to-use wall-mounted digital thermostat. The shower was fantastic. Breakfast was okay, with decent coffee and a selection of cereals, instant oatmeal, bagels, English muffins, flavored sweetened yogurt, and fruit (apples, oranges and bananas). The free wireless internet worked well and it was easy to connect my iPhone to it. There was a big flat-panel TV in the room on a fancy swivel mount. It looked good, but we didn't turn it on. Free off-street parking was appreciated. The outdoor pool looked nice, but was not yet open for the season during our visit in early May. We will likely stay at the TownePlace if we visit the Falls Church area again in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Andrew D, Manager at TownePlace Suites Falls Church, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the TownePlace Suites Falls Church. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Since your stay we have added hard boiled eggs to our breafast and all our air conditioning units are less than a year old and get serviced fequently. The hotel has also upgraded our WIFI since your stay giving 1mb for free and 1.5mb for an additional $4.95 charge. We look forward to seeing again in the future when you visit Falls Church.
Oxnard, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here for two nights while visiting family in the area. The room was clean, the decor pleasing to the eye, and the service great. It was wonderful to have a full kitchen, especially since I am on a restricted diet. The only negative is that the walls are thin. We stayed on the third floor of this property, which seems to have four to five floors. One night we awoke to the sound of people walking around above us. Hours later, we awoke again to sound, this time coming from outside the door to our building where people had congregated to smoke. The breakfast was a typical continental breakfast. It was decent. If you are on a gluten-free, dairy-free eating regime, there are essentially no options for you unless you can survive on fruit for breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of the TownePlace Suitess Falls Church. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. While we do have thin walls the hotel has purchased a few white noise machines to hopefully cut down on the unwanted noise. If there are any issues you incur during your stay we try to remedy as soon as possible. We look foward to your return the next time you visit your family.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I needed to book a last minute business trip to visit my home office and found that all of the places that I normally stay at were booked solid. Some searches online turned up the Townplace Suites and since it was one of my only options, I decided to give the property a shot.

Overall the Towneplace Suites is a very nice extended stay hotel, albeit a bit away from my ideal location (Ballston). That said, it was only a 3-mile cab ride from my office so it wasn't that inconvenient. The property was well maintained, the staff was very helpful and friendly, and my room was quite nice.

My only complaints, and minor ones at that, was that they bathroom sink stopper didn't work and that I found numerous pieces of hair on the bathroom floor. Other than those two issues I found the property to be very clean and well maintained.

And for those worried about the location and proximity to dining, there is a small shopping center next door with a market and BBQ restaurant, a little over a block away there is a Dunkin Donuts and 7-11 (convenience store) and if you're willing to take on a bit of a walk (1/2 mile) which I was you'll find numerous local and chain restaurants.

As a runner, I also appreciate the proximity to the W&OD trail which was a short run away and well worth exploring. I think the only thing that would make the property better, and something that won't happen, is convenient Metro accessibility. All said, based on my experience there I will return for future trips.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of the TownePlace Suites Falls Church. We are glad you chose to stay here instead of the other options you had. With your office in Ballston we hope that you decide to stay with us the next time your in town visiting your home office.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have no complaints about this place. The room was clean, the bed was really comfortable (would have been nice if it were a bit bigger...) and the staff was all very helpful and friendly. We had a great stay for the 3 days we were there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Falls Church, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay at the property. The staff always strives to exceed expectations and it is nice to hear their hard work was noticed. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or future reservations.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Me, my husband, and two sons stayed in a two bedroom suite Easter weekend. The hotel staff were wonderful. We were greeted as we entered the lobby and made to feel that we were among friends. Bruce was awesome. He offered excellent advice on what to see and do in Dc and helped us in many ways during our stay. The room was clean and spacious. The pull out couch could use a better mattress but the beds were ok. The mini kitchen had everything needed to prepare meals and clean up. The hotel tries to be environmentally responsible by encouraging guests to reuse towels if possible. I thought that was great. Breakfast was good. Variety offered in the cereals, yogurt, and bagels. My husband and son used the gym several times and were pleased with the equipment and cleanliness of the room. Overall our stay was very pleasant and comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your feedback about Bruce. It is always nice to hear positive feedback about guest’s stays. Bruce knows the area very well and can recommend almost any type of restaurant. Please keep us in mind the next time you’re in the Falls Church area and feel free to ask me any questions.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed here as 3 adults and 2 children (6yo and 3yo) for 5 nights in march. I chose gather two bedroom suite as it had two queen beds and a sofa bed. Our room was located on the third floor of the main building right on hillwood avenue. A room facing the car park would be better as there is a bar over the road which has very loud music and even arguments taken outside!

The room was clean and a good size but the beds and pillows were not that comfortable - too soft. The location is great - close to down town falls church and close to major access roads.

The free breakfast was great for the hungry kids as was the kitchen in the room.

The exercise room was sparse - at the very least there should be a treadmill.

All in all a good option for a family needing a few rooms. Good location and free wi-fi is always great!

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your feedback. The feedback is important to me, as I am always looking for ways improve the property and enhance guest’s satisfaction. For your future stays, here at the vibrant Falls Church Towneplace Suites, we have upgraded our exercise equipment. A new treadmill mill and elliptical machine is available for guests. Also, the new exercise equipment includes personal televisions. Please do not hesitate to contact the front desk for any noise complaints and we will be happy to assist you. I am happy to hear that you all enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, Wi-Fi, and location. Please keep us in mind the next time you’re in the Falls Church area and please feel free to ask me any questions.

Darren.walker@marriott.com

Been to TownePlace Suites Falls Church? Share your experiences!