Even though this suites hotel does not provide the glamorous aspect that I are drawn to seek it provided a more than adequate stay. The location was perfect with family within walking distance.We visited during Christmas so the hotel was fairly vacant. We experienced only minor noises. Actually it felt rather deserted.
Positives.The spacious rooms are newly remodeled. The carpet new and clean. It was great to have a full kitchen. The studio room living area is large with the bed, a couch, a large desk area and a bathroom. They served a continental breakfast each morning. Coffee is available all day long. Coffee maker in your room/ coffee provided for several days anyway. Toaster in room. Easy to cook in room. Darren, the manager, was extremely accommodating and friendly. All of the staff was friendly. The rooms were clean. The heating/air conditioning system allows you three fan levels that enable you to choose continuous flow of air but most importantly white-noise blocking out any hallway sounds. This is extremely advantageous to me as I can be easily disturbed by sounds. I do not like the systems that continue to surge off and on .....This is something that you don't usually get to know until you are in the hotel. The beds were very comfortable. Flat screen TV can be viewed from couch or in bed.
Negatives: There was no maid service at all. We were not informed of this. I did not have a problem so much with this as I really would prefer complete privacy but I am certain there are those that would consider this a problem. I believe this suites hotel only provides maid service on a weekly basis. All that I would have needed to do was to ask for new towels or other necessities if I needed them. It worked out fine overall. Our building was disconnected from the main building which meant that in order to get coffee or breakfast we needed to get dressed and put on coats to go outside to enter the main building....I would have preferred being in the main building with easier access to the breakfast/lobby area. The lobby area/breakfast area is minimal but clean and adequate. It puts you more in mind of an apartment building with some amenities rather than a hotel but I am sure that is intentional whose main focus is serving business personnel for a longer term rental. The bathroom was absolutely adequate but no frills.
All in all, honestly the stay was fine.....knowing that it is not intended to be a luxurious hotel is helpful for those expecting that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit TownePlace Suites Falls Church with easy access to Tyson's Corner, The Pentagon, Arlington National Cemetery and Washington DC attractions. Guest suites feature fully-equipped kitchens complete with pots and pans, luxurious Marriott bedding and complimentary high speed internet. Stay in shape while visiting the Northern Virginia area in our hotel fitness center or relax by our outdoor swimming pool. Get a great start to the morning with our complimentary breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your TownePlace Suites Falls Church reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites Falls Church Hotel Falls Church
- Falls Church Towneplace Suites