“Beyond Adequate” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Falls Church
Somerset, Pennsylvania
“Beyond Adequate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Even though this suites hotel does not provide the glamorous aspect that I are drawn to seek it provided a more than adequate stay. The location was perfect with family within walking distance.We visited during Christmas so the hotel was fairly vacant. We experienced only minor noises. Actually it felt rather deserted.
Positives.The spacious rooms are newly remodeled. The carpet new and clean. It was great to have a full kitchen. The studio room living area is large with the bed, a couch, a large desk area and a bathroom. They served a continental breakfast each morning. Coffee is available all day long. Coffee maker in your room/ coffee provided for several days anyway. Toaster in room. Easy to cook in room. Darren, the manager, was extremely accommodating and friendly. All of the staff was friendly. The rooms were clean. The heating/air conditioning system allows you three fan levels that enable you to choose continuous flow of air but most importantly white-noise blocking out any hallway sounds. This is extremely advantageous to me as I can be easily disturbed by sounds. I do not like the systems that continue to surge off and on .....This is something that you don't usually get to know until you are in the hotel. The beds were very comfortable. Flat screen TV can be viewed from couch or in bed.
Negatives: There was no maid service at all. We were not informed of this. I did not have a problem so much with this as I really would prefer complete privacy but I am certain there are those that would consider this a problem. I believe this suites hotel only provides maid service on a weekly basis. All that I would have needed to do was to ask for new towels or other necessities if I needed them. It worked out fine overall. Our building was disconnected from the main building which meant that in order to get coffee or breakfast we needed to get dressed and put on coats to go outside to enter the main building....I would have preferred being in the main building with easier access to the breakfast/lobby area. The lobby area/breakfast area is minimal but clean and adequate. It puts you more in mind of an apartment building with some amenities rather than a hotel but I am sure that is intentional whose main focus is serving business personnel for a longer term rental. The bathroom was absolutely adequate but no frills.
All in all, honestly the stay was fine.....knowing that it is not intended to be a luxurious hotel is helpful for those expecting that.

Room Tip: If possible request the main building to easily access lobby or breakfast area....especially in wint...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Podgorica, Montenegro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I had mixed feelings about my stay here, but in the end I decided it wasn't too bad considering the low rate.

Like a few people have said the walls are thin; I stayed in a second floor street side room, I wouldn't recommend it. I could hear foot steps above me and commuter traffic in the morning.
I wish they had a dresser in the room versus a couch. The hotel is in need of a renovation.

Breakfast room is small, get there early or get it to go. The coffee was a little weak for my taste.

Did find management and desk clerks helpful and friendly. There is a good number of restaurants within ten minutes walk or so.

Room Tip: Don't get a street side room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have stayed at the TownePlace Suites in Falls Church a few times in the past few years when visiting family there. The two-bedroom suites with kitchens are great for families or two couples, or anyone who wants more room and a kitchen. It's been remodeled since we were there the last time and it was impeccably clean. There's a flat-screen tv in each bedroom and the living room. I would recommend getting a room/suite at the end of the hallway. Unlike some of the other reviewers, we haven't had any complaints about sounds from other rooms or unprofessional staff - everyone has been very friendly, helpful, and professional. I also disagree that this is a bad part of town. It's in a quiet residential area that is safe - we know this because our family lives in the neighborhood. There is an older section of town near the hotel that is somewhat run-down, but it is not "bad." I would recommend getting a room/suite at the end of the hallway. This is a great place to stay, particularly for the price, and there are other options, many of which are pricier, out around 495 for people who are there for business and don't mind the traffic in that area. But, for our needs, this is a great hotel and we would recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite at the end of the hall.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
McLean, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This hotel is awful.
The manager is really unprofessional and very disrespectful; he does not treat the customer with respect even though it is the customer.
The old administration was really good, but after they changed some months back, it is really crappy the stay at this hotel.
The cleaning service is not good, the rooms are messy and you see a lot of animal hair all over the hotel (rooms and common areas). In one of the rooms I was staying I found Fleas.
Definitely this is the WORST Marriott I have visited and I have been living in Marriott hotels for more than 2 years in different places in USA.

Room Tip: To have a good room... don't stay at this hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Andrew D, Manager at TownePlace Suites Falls Church, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am disappointed to learn that your stay did not meet your expectations.

The extended stay housekeeping service that the TownePlace Suites provides is as follows:

The first six days of your stay a "Daily Refresh" service is provided. The service includes the housekeeper tiding the guest's room without disrupting personal belongings, replenishing amenities, leaving fresh towels (based upon request), and emptying the trash. On the seventh day we provide a "Full Clean" service which entails changing the sheets on the bed, vacuuming the entire suite, and completely cleaning the bathroom and kitchen areas.

We are a pet friendly hotel; therefore, before checking a guest into any room, that had a pet in it, we deep clean the room after the guest with a pet has checked out. The deep cleaning entails using a commercial grade flea defogger, shampooing the carpet, bed, and furniture, and dry cleaning the drapes. After the room is deep cleaned it is thoroughly inspected by a Supervisor and then cleaned again by the housekeeping staff for the next guest.

Our goal as Marriott Managers is to be hospitable and treat our guests with the up most respect. I encourage you to come stay with us again and give us an opportunity to better your perception of the TownePlace Suites Falls Church. Kindly, let us know of any problems before you check out because our goal is to not only meet your expectations, but exceed them.

Also, please feel free to contact the hotel directly with any questions. We are always looking for ways to improve.

Warm Regards,

Falls Church Towneplace Suites Management
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

It's a cute hotel in a nice residential area, but the walls are unbelievably thin..... The individual in the room next to me is on the phone with their spouse and I can repeat their entire conversation. Not to mention list the items needed from the grocery store for the weekend football party they are planning.

Tip: breakfast room is very small - go early or late - avoid between 7:00 and 8:00 am.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Loveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 5 nights on a vacation to Washington, D.C. in June 2012. The room was clean and well-maintained. We took our dogs with us and it was nice to see how pet friendly the hotel was.

The breakfast offerings were standard...nothing much hot offered except for bagels and English muffins that could be toasted. The coffee was perhaps the best coffee I have ever had. Not just at a hotel but anywhere. Delicious! The only complaint I would have is the breakfast area is not spacious enough for everyone to eat and we had to eat out in the lobby area a couple of times.

Great hotel and a short drive from D.C. Would wholly recommend!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Mentor, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed here for work for a month and it was by far the biggest and best hotel room I've ever stayed in. It was more like an apartment in a nice quiet residential neighborhood with many places to eat and drink within walking distance as well as easy access to the main roads to travel. Andrew and Darren and everyone here are excellent managers too, ready to help you with whatever you need. Highly recommend to anyone whether business or pleasure to stay here and plan to look for other Towneplace Suites everywhere I go from now on since this was such a great experience.

Room Tip: I stayed in the 2nd building 2nd floor, easier to park and just use the stairs. My only complaint i...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Falls Church? Share your experiences!