“Good Value - Nice Rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 14 hotels in Falls Church
Podgorica, Montenegro
“Good Value - Nice Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I had mixed feelings about my stay here, but in the end I decided it wasn't too bad considering the low rate.

Like a few people have said the walls are thin; I stayed in a second floor street side room, I wouldn't recommend it. I could hear foot steps above me and commuter traffic in the morning.
I wish they had a dresser in the room versus a couch. The hotel is in need of a renovation.

Breakfast room is small, get there early or get it to go. The coffee was a little weak for my taste.

Did find management and desk clerks helpful and friendly. There is a good number of restaurants within ten minutes walk or so.

Room Tip: Don't get a street side room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have stayed at the TownePlace Suites in Falls Church a few times in the past few years when visiting family there. The two-bedroom suites with kitchens are great for families or two couples, or anyone who wants more room and a kitchen. It's been remodeled since we were there the last time and it was impeccably clean. There's a flat-screen tv in each bedroom and the living room. I would recommend getting a room/suite at the end of the hallway. Unlike some of the other reviewers, we haven't had any complaints about sounds from other rooms or unprofessional staff - everyone has been very friendly, helpful, and professional. I also disagree that this is a bad part of town. It's in a quiet residential area that is safe - we know this because our family lives in the neighborhood. There is an older section of town near the hotel that is somewhat run-down, but it is not "bad." I would recommend getting a room/suite at the end of the hallway. This is a great place to stay, particularly for the price, and there are other options, many of which are pricier, out around 495 for people who are there for business and don't mind the traffic in that area. But, for our needs, this is a great hotel and we would recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite at the end of the hall.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
McLean, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This hotel is awful.
The manager is really unprofessional and very disrespectful; he does not treat the customer with respect even though it is the customer.
The old administration was really good, but after they changed some months back, it is really crappy the stay at this hotel.
The cleaning service is not good, the rooms are messy and you see a lot of animal hair all over the hotel (rooms and common areas). In one of the rooms I was staying I found Fleas.
Definitely this is the WORST Marriott I have visited and I have been living in Marriott hotels for more than 2 years in different places in USA.

Room Tip: To have a good room... don't stay at this hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Andrew D, Manager at TownePlace Suites Falls Church, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am disappointed to learn that your stay did not meet your expectations.

The extended stay housekeeping service that the TownePlace Suites provides is as follows:

The first six days of your stay a "Daily Refresh" service is provided. The service includes the housekeeper tiding the guest's room without disrupting personal belongings, replenishing amenities, leaving fresh towels (based upon request), and emptying the trash. On the seventh day we provide a "Full Clean" service which entails changing the sheets on the bed, vacuuming the entire suite, and completely cleaning the bathroom and kitchen areas.

We are a pet friendly hotel; therefore, before checking a guest into any room, that had a pet in it, we deep clean the room after the guest with a pet has checked out. The deep cleaning entails using a commercial grade flea defogger, shampooing the carpet, bed, and furniture, and dry cleaning the drapes. After the room is deep cleaned it is thoroughly inspected by a Supervisor and then cleaned again by the housekeeping staff for the next guest.

Our goal as Marriott Managers is to be hospitable and treat our guests with the up most respect. I encourage you to come stay with us again and give us an opportunity to better your perception of the TownePlace Suites Falls Church. Kindly, let us know of any problems before you check out because our goal is to not only meet your expectations, but exceed them.

Also, please feel free to contact the hotel directly with any questions. We are always looking for ways to improve.

Warm Regards,

Falls Church Towneplace Suites Management
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

It's a cute hotel in a nice residential area, but the walls are unbelievably thin..... The individual in the room next to me is on the phone with their spouse and I can repeat their entire conversation. Not to mention list the items needed from the grocery store for the weekend football party they are planning.

Tip: breakfast room is very small - go early or late - avoid between 7:00 and 8:00 am.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Loveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 5 nights on a vacation to Washington, D.C. in June 2012. The room was clean and well-maintained. We took our dogs with us and it was nice to see how pet friendly the hotel was.

The breakfast offerings were standard...nothing much hot offered except for bagels and English muffins that could be toasted. The coffee was perhaps the best coffee I have ever had. Not just at a hotel but anywhere. Delicious! The only complaint I would have is the breakfast area is not spacious enough for everyone to eat and we had to eat out in the lobby area a couple of times.

Great hotel and a short drive from D.C. Would wholly recommend!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Mentor, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed here for work for a month and it was by far the biggest and best hotel room I've ever stayed in. It was more like an apartment in a nice quiet residential neighborhood with many places to eat and drink within walking distance as well as easy access to the main roads to travel. Andrew and Darren and everyone here are excellent managers too, ready to help you with whatever you need. Highly recommend to anyone whether business or pleasure to stay here and plan to look for other Towneplace Suites everywhere I go from now on since this was such a great experience.

Room Tip: I stayed in the 2nd building 2nd floor, easier to park and just use the stairs. My only complaint i...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Falls Church, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I was stuck in a nearby apt with no electricity after the June 29th derecho storm. I had been on the phone for hours the night before and couldn't find anything open. I couldn't take it anymore and packed up my car and headed out. Something told me to pull into this hiddlen little hotel just to give it a shot (even though all around electricity was still out). Fortunately for me they had just gotten their electric back. I jumped at the chance and stayed 3 days (even though my electric was back in two). In spite of a full hotel (July 4th holiday) and lots of pets it was a quiet haven. I loved the full sized kitchen, the staff was fabulous & helpful, the room was clean and I never wanted to leave. The horrible storm and its aftermath turned out to be like a mini-vacation I would never have taken otherwise. I was in heaven!

Room Tip: I was in a 2nd floor room right across from the elevator - thought it might be disturbing but I neve...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to TownePlace Suites Falls Church? Share your experiences!