“nothing to write home about” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Falls Church, Virginia
“nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We live in Falls Church & decided to try this restaurant one Saturday for a late lunch. The atmosphere was nice but the food just OK. I don't see why everyone likes this place so much. Happy hour at Capitol City Brewing (I go to the DC location) is far better. The beer was overpriced at $6-$9 for a pint although they did have many different types of beer for sale. The waitress gave my husband a sample to try before he bought it. My husband had a burger which was just fair- about the same quality & expectations as a TGIF. I had bar-b-que pork & they put the bar-b-que sauce on the side so it was very dry, almost inedible. I even commented to the waitress on this & she said they just started doing it this way. So go back to the old way & mix it on the meat. For the $30 for lunch it wasn't worth it. I wish we had gone around the corner to Chipolte instead! I would not go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Corvallis, Oregon
“Dogfish Head Alehouse”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

+ great beer
+ excellent descriptions of the beer on the beer menu
+ wifi

- 4 (4oz) glass beer sampler is $14 !!!! Yikes
- pints & goblets are also very expensive (compared to many other brewery bars I've been to)

so-so food

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Indiana
“Good beer... not what I expected from Dogfish Head”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I came here for beer with the wife and brother-in-laws and really enjoyed the beer and the waitress's knowledge of the beer. I was really let down by the location and atmosphere of the place though. From an innovative brewing company like Dogfish Head the building and location lacked the company’s originality. It is in a very commercialized area, the building appears to have been a previous chain restaurant. I was expecting something a little more original and different but got a Bob Evan’s atmosphere… BUT the beer was good.
On another note, the one urinal in the men’s room was out of order! Not good for a beer place…

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Falls Church, Virginia
“Great ales food is so-so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I have een twice, most recently lasy month w/2 granddaughters. They were with me & their mom when we went in Fall 2011 and wanted me to take them back. They like the atmosphere (hanging wood airplane, the dogfish signs)...despite it being an alehous,e it is family-friendly atmospherically. They have kids meals, too. I couldn't have a glass of ale this visit due to medicine....but still went per their request. I got the corned beef reuben...I have had a lot of reubens and other various corned-beef-based sandwiches in my life and this one was just ok. All the standard ingredients and large portions but noting extra in the overall flavor department. Nice marbled bread but lacked depth fo flavor; corned beef was average...kids meals were reported to be good (5-year-old who can put away food only able to half her pizza),,,,will not look to eat here again; not opposed to picking up a case of ale to go :-)

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Good beer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

The beer is good. The food was about average. I like that on Tuesdays they feature a different charity every week and part of your bill goes to that charity