Aabee Persian & Mediterranean Restaurant
Improve this listing
Ranked #83 of 377 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Italian, Persian, Mediterranean, European, Turkish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Previously known as Cooking & Company is one of a kind restaurant serving Mediterranean food complimented by Persian cuisine. Our menu also has options for our celiac allergy, vegetarian and vegan customers. Our food is free from "MSG" and other additives and is made to order. We believe food should give you energy, not bring you down and additives like "MSG" can cause drowsiness or headaches. Eating bad food is a horrible shame and AA'BEE restaurant is one hundred percent dedicated to offering healthy eating. All of our dishes are our favorite dishes and anything you choose is sure to be delicious and healthy. We also now offer delivery to 5 miles surrounding our location.
Fairfax, Virginia
“Great !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Great food, great atmosphere, great prices and great service. What more needs to be said. We were heading for a different restaurant, which was too full to seat us. We headed back down the street and decided to stop at cooking & company. We were very glad we did. this is a find.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank kells2k1

Western North Carolina
“Above and Beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Monday night, 10:00 p.m. - our grandson's HS graduation just over, we were cruising a now unfamiliar Fairfax (we lived here many years ago), looking for food, any kind of food. We were about to give up and pull into Denny's, when we saw Cooking & Company's sign. We parked, and even though their posted hours said they closed at 10:00 (it was now 10:10), we went in and asked if they could feed us. Even though the place was empty (except for obvious family members), they agreed immediately, and showed us to a table, brought us drinks, and left their lengthy menu (with items carefully marked vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free). The food was great (see other reviews), and we were well served by the owner and a woman who we took to be his mother and who fussed over us making sure everything was ok.

Even if it's not late and you are not desperate for food, as we were, I heartily recommend this restaurant - cuisine, service - all great.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank FrenchBroadCabin
Arlington, Virginia
“Enjoyable Mediterranean Restaurant, Authentic and Tasty Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Seven of my friends and I came to this restaurant to celebrate one of our birthdays. We had never been here, but came away feeling that we had discovered one of Fairfax's hidden gems. From the time we were seated to the time we left, service was excellent, and we were not hurried along, so we could relax and enjoy our special gathering. Among the eight of us, we ordered at least five different dishes (some duplicates) and the waiter answered any of our questions in a capable, friendly manner. Each of us thoroughly enjoyed what we had. Portions were generous and presentation was great. Our waiter was attentive throughout the meal, ensuring we had enough of what we needed, including water and drinks. As for my individual meal, I ordered the chicken schwarma. Having had this dish several times in one of the Mediterranean countries which I was touring, I can tell you that it was well prepared and reminded me of the dishes I had on my trip, so it was authentically prepared and very tasty. I almost felt like I was back on my trip! The accompanying sauces were delicious, too! All in all, my group will be back to this restaurant, and we look forward to sampling other items on its comprehensive menu. There is something there for everyone, with vegetarian and gluten-free choices for those desiring these alternatives. Our group is particular about quality of food and service; our standards are high. This restaurant met and exceeded our standards. Atmosphere was perfect for our birthday celebration and the waiter was very attentive with us during this memorable evening, but the restaurant would be enjoyable for other individuals and groups, including families, business meetings, and couples wishing to have a nice, well prepared meal, without feeling hurried along as one might find in chain restaurants. Come and try this special place in the middle of Fairfax County, It is not too far from the Chain Bridge (VA Route 123) or US 50 exits of I-66, so it is conveniently located for both local diners and travellers alike. While it has outdoor seating, I did not mark this on the survey, as it was too cold for us to eat outside tonight, even in May!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Palmtreelover72
Fairfax, Virginia
“Good dishes offering Mediterranean and Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We started out with Eggplant Fusion very light with good flavor. In fact the most memorable selection of the evening. The waitress also brought out roasted garlic with bread. Bread was hard but not toasted and not enough for all of the garlic. Linguini with clams and mussels was my order. Light white sauce with garlic slices my friend had Mushroom trio with pasta. Pasta tasted boxed variety but it was al dente. Mussels and clams had a light thin white garlic sauces itch flecks of cut up tomatoes. It was different, not bad but not craveable. My friend sauce for mushrooms was light little flavor and not a repeat choice. The Waite staff was way too attentive almost hovering as I chalked it up to the restaurant was not crowded for a Saturday night.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Sara C
Washington DC area
“Excellent food, friendly service, reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Our group of four went to this restaurant after purchasing a discount coupon. We had never been there and had not read the reviews, so we didn't know what to expect. We were all very pleasantly surprised and I will certainly return. All of the food is essentially made from scratch, so they were easily able to accommodate my husband's garlic allergy, something that is quite difficult in most restaurants. Two of us had the pasta (hand-made gnocchi with a rich tomato sauce), one had a salad topped with huge shrimp, and my husband had the lamb shawarma
accompanied by a very good fragrant rice pilaf. Two of us also shared the spinach cooked with garlic and olive oil which was wonderful. The only small criticism is that they need a larger selection of mid-priced Italan (and perhaps Lebanese) wines by the bottle and perhaps a few more by the glass. One of the whites offered by the glass was a very good sauvignon blanc but the Italian red wines offered by the glass were not as good.

• Visited April 2013