“Enjoyable Mediterranean Restaurant, Authentic and Tasty Food” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #94 of 331 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Previously known as Cooking & Company is one of a kind restaurant serving Mediterranean food complimented by Persian cuisine. Our menu also has options for our celiac allergy, vegetarian and vegan customers. Our food is free from "MSG" and other additives and is made to order. We believe food should give you energy, not bring you down and additives like "MSG" can cause drowsiness or headaches. Eating bad food is a horrible shame and AA'BEE restaurant is one hundred percent dedicated to offering healthy eating. All of our dishes are our favorite dishes and anything you choose is sure to be delicious and healthy. We also now offer delivery to 5 miles surrounding our location.
Arlington, Virginia
“Enjoyable Mediterranean Restaurant, Authentic and Tasty Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Seven of my friends and I came to this restaurant to celebrate one of our birthdays. We had never been here, but came away feeling that we had discovered one of Fairfax's hidden gems. From the time we were seated to the time we left, service was excellent, and we were not hurried along, so we could relax and enjoy our special gathering. Among the eight of us, we ordered at least five different dishes (some duplicates) and the waiter answered any of our questions in a capable, friendly manner. Each of us thoroughly enjoyed what we had. Portions were generous and presentation was great. Our waiter was attentive throughout the meal, ensuring we had enough of what we needed, including water and drinks. As for my individual meal, I ordered the chicken schwarma. Having had this dish several times in one of the Mediterranean countries which I was touring, I can tell you that it was well prepared and reminded me of the dishes I had on my trip, so it was authentically prepared and very tasty. I almost felt like I was back on my trip! The accompanying sauces were delicious, too! All in all, my group will be back to this restaurant, and we look forward to sampling other items on its comprehensive menu. There is something there for everyone, with vegetarian and gluten-free choices for those desiring these alternatives. Our group is particular about quality of food and service; our standards are high. This restaurant met and exceeded our standards. Atmosphere was perfect for our birthday celebration and the waiter was very attentive with us during this memorable evening, but the restaurant would be enjoyable for other individuals and groups, including families, business meetings, and couples wishing to have a nice, well prepared meal, without feeling hurried along as one might find in chain restaurants. Come and try this special place in the middle of Fairfax County, It is not too far from the Chain Bridge (VA Route 123) or US 50 exits of I-66, so it is conveniently located for both local diners and travellers alike. While it has outdoor seating, I did not mark this on the survey, as it was too cold for us to eat outside tonight, even in May!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fairfax, Virginia
“Good dishes offering Mediterranean and Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We started out with Eggplant Fusion very light with good flavor. In fact the most memorable selection of the evening. The waitress also brought out roasted garlic with bread. Bread was hard but not toasted and not enough for all of the garlic. Linguini with clams and mussels was my order. Light white sauce with garlic slices my friend had Mushroom trio with pasta. Pasta tasted boxed variety but it was al dente. Mussels and clams had a light thin white garlic sauces itch flecks of cut up tomatoes. It was different, not bad but not craveable. My friend sauce for mushrooms was light little flavor and not a repeat choice. The Waite staff was way too attentive almost hovering as I chalked it up to the restaurant was not crowded for a Saturday night.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC area
“Excellent food, friendly service, reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Our group of four went to this restaurant after purchasing a discount coupon. We had never been there and had not read the reviews, so we didn't know what to expect. We were all very pleasantly surprised and I will certainly return. All of the food is essentially made from scratch, so they were easily able to accommodate my husband's garlic allergy, something that is quite difficult in most restaurants. Two of us had the pasta (hand-made gnocchi with a rich tomato sauce), one had a salad topped with huge shrimp, and my husband had the lamb shawarma
accompanied by a very good fragrant rice pilaf. Two of us also shared the spinach cooked with garlic and olive oil which was wonderful. The only small criticism is that they need a larger selection of mid-priced Italan (and perhaps Lebanese) wines by the bottle and perhaps a few more by the glass. One of the whites offered by the glass was a very good sauvignon blanc but the Italian red wines offered by the glass were not as good.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hillsborough, Nc
“Caveat Emptor....Buyer beware!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Tonight we went to this restaurant based on reviews here as well as other places online and the closeness to our hotel and event while in the area, the atmosphere as we entered was quite pleasing and we were greeted pleasantly. Once seated, the owner, who also happened to be our waiter, came by to take our drink order. Even though they weren't busy, they were a little slow however I did t think anything about it in the beginning because he was attentively chatting with guests behind us. Since we weren't in a rush, this was no stress,

Raymond took our martini drink order and promptly brought them. While they were slightly different than I expected, they were good. We ordered bowls of "pasta fajool" and our entrees of fettuccini Alfredo for my dining partner and chicken piccata for me. I told Raymond that I would prefer to have a side of angel hair aglio instead of the side of veggies and potatoes. He said that would be no problem to substitute that out.

Our soups never did arrive. When our dinner came, they brought me the pasta but also included the veggies and potatoes. I promptly informed the lady that brought it out but she did nothing about it. The food was good and had no complaints on the food. The problem was when the bill came. They charged an extra $7 for a very small bowl of angel hair pasta in a garlic olive oil coating!! A) this was not how I ordered my dinner and B) there was no mention of an additional charge, much less a ridiculous charge of $7 for a small bowl of pasta! In addition, do not ask for extra bread as they charge an additional $2.95 for a couple of slices of bread and again, that was not disclosed. When something was said to Raymond, he did take off half the charge for the pasta but in my opinion, that was not enough since the extra fees were not disclosed up front! I travel a lot and eat out a lot and no restaurant like this has ever charged when bringing bread like that! It was a surprise for sure!

Was the food good? Yes. However, with the mess ups in the orders and the non disclosure of extra fees, I will not go back, nor will I recommend them. I was seriously disappointed in how they handled it....and what's worse is that this was the owner, not just a regular server.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice Local Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Family owned restaurant with great Mediterranean food, mostly Turkish and Italian bent. Atmosphere is cozy and there are extras going on during the week. Food was good, I had the shawarma.