“Excellent food, friendly service, reasonable prices” 5 of 5 stars

10579 Fairfax Blvd, Fairfax, VA 22030-3138
Improve this listing
Ranked #90 of 333 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Previously known as Cooking & Company is one of a kind restaurant serving Mediterranean food complimented by Persian cuisine. Our menu also has options for our celiac allergy, vegetarian and vegan customers. Our food is free from "MSG" and other additives and is made to order. We believe food should give you energy, not bring you down and additives like "MSG" can cause drowsiness or headaches. Eating bad food is a horrible shame and AA'BEE restaurant is one hundred percent dedicated to offering healthy eating. All of our dishes are our favorite dishes and anything you choose is sure to be delicious and healthy. We also now offer delivery to 5 miles surrounding our location.
Washington DC area
“Excellent food, friendly service, reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Our group of four went to this restaurant after purchasing a discount coupon. We had never been there and had not read the reviews, so we didn't know what to expect. We were all very pleasantly surprised and I will certainly return. All of the food is essentially made from scratch, so they were easily able to accommodate my husband's garlic allergy, something that is quite difficult in most restaurants. Two of us had the pasta (hand-made gnocchi with a rich tomato sauce), one had a salad topped with huge shrimp, and my husband had the lamb shawarma
accompanied by a very good fragrant rice pilaf. Two of us also shared the spinach cooked with garlic and olive oil which was wonderful. The only small criticism is that they need a larger selection of mid-priced Italan (and perhaps Lebanese) wines by the bottle and perhaps a few more by the glass. One of the whites offered by the glass was a very good sauvignon blanc but the Italian red wines offered by the glass were not as good.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hillsborough, Nc
“Caveat Emptor....Buyer beware!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Tonight we went to this restaurant based on reviews here as well as other places online and the closeness to our hotel and event while in the area, the atmosphere as we entered was quite pleasing and we were greeted pleasantly. Once seated, the owner, who also happened to be our waiter, came by to take our drink order. Even though they weren't busy, they were a little slow however I did t think anything about it in the beginning because he was attentively chatting with guests behind us. Since we weren't in a rush, this was no stress,

Raymond took our martini drink order and promptly brought them. While they were slightly different than I expected, they were good. We ordered bowls of "pasta fajool" and our entrees of fettuccini Alfredo for my dining partner and chicken piccata for me. I told Raymond that I would prefer to have a side of angel hair aglio instead of the side of veggies and potatoes. He said that would be no problem to substitute that out.

Our soups never did arrive. When our dinner came, they brought me the pasta but also included the veggies and potatoes. I promptly informed the lady that brought it out but she did nothing about it. The food was good and had no complaints on the food. The problem was when the bill came. They charged an extra $7 for a very small bowl of angel hair pasta in a garlic olive oil coating!! A) this was not how I ordered my dinner and B) there was no mention of an additional charge, much less a ridiculous charge of $7 for a small bowl of pasta! In addition, do not ask for extra bread as they charge an additional $2.95 for a couple of slices of bread and again, that was not disclosed. When something was said to Raymond, he did take off half the charge for the pasta but in my opinion, that was not enough since the extra fees were not disclosed up front! I travel a lot and eat out a lot and no restaurant like this has ever charged when bringing bread like that! It was a surprise for sure!

Was the food good? Yes. However, with the mess ups in the orders and the non disclosure of extra fees, I will not go back, nor will I recommend them. I was seriously disappointed in how they handled it....and what's worse is that this was the owner, not just a regular server.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice Local Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Family owned restaurant with great Mediterranean food, mostly Turkish and Italian bent. Atmosphere is cozy and there are extras going on during the week. Food was good, I had the shawarma.

Richmond, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Vegan & Vegetarian Options”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We had a great meal. They have so many options for vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and regular diets. Service was wonderful and food was amazing!!

Visited February 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
“Italian and Mediterranean Restaurant with Healthy Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Last night my husband and I celebrated my birthday at a great restaurant in Fairfax – COOKING AND COMPANY. We had been here a few years back when it previously known as Vespucci fine Italian dining. Vespucci's has been merged into its parent business Cooking and Company catering under same management.

The owner, Ray, greeted us and gave us fantastic service all evening. He took time with us explaining their wonderful menu. They really cater to people who want healthy food. They also have items on their menu for those diners with special needs that are Vegan, Vegetarian, 100% Gluten Free and they do not use MSG.

Beside wonderful Italian unique and fresh made from scratch meals, you can enjoy other Mediterranean dishes surrounding the Mediterranean sea as well. We got a great bottle of wine and then ordered.

For starters I had a delicious shrimp cocktail – the shrimp had been sautéed in white wine, garlic and olive oil and came with a house-made cocktail sauce. My husband enjoyed the soup of the day which was clam chowder and was really full of clams. They also brought us some great roasted garlic in olive oil along with some bread that was delicious.

For our mains I had the Chicken Marsala, which was fixed with Portobello mushrooms in a wine sauce which was served with several vegetables as sides. My husband tried one of their specialties of Seafood Thermidor – it had jumbo crab-meat, shrimp, scallops and sea bass that was cooked in a creamy cognac sauce and that was topped with a puff pastry. He can't wait to go back and do it all over again – everything was delicious.

Then as a surprise they brought me some cake while a happy birthday song played. It was a wonderful evening and I can definitely recommend Cooking and Company as a great local restaurant – especially for anyone with special dietary needs. Plus they have the catering side of the business so you can order off an extensive menu and enjoy their foods when you entertain. They open daily for dinner at 5 pm. Earlier in the day they can put on special events in their restaurant, so definitely contact Ray at (703) 352-0331, if you are considering something special. The restaurant is located at 10579 Fairfax Blvd., Fairfax, VA.

• Visited February 2013