“Italian and Mediterranean Restaurant with Healthy Food” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #94 of 331 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Previously known as Cooking & Company is one of a kind restaurant serving Mediterranean food complimented by Persian cuisine. Our menu also has options for our celiac allergy, vegetarian and vegan customers. Our food is free from "MSG" and other additives and is made to order. We believe food should give you energy, not bring you down and additives like "MSG" can cause drowsiness or headaches. Eating bad food is a horrible shame and AA'BEE restaurant is one hundred percent dedicated to offering healthy eating. All of our dishes are our favorite dishes and anything you choose is sure to be delicious and healthy. We also now offer delivery to 5 miles surrounding our location.
Fairfax, Virginia
“Italian and Mediterranean Restaurant with Healthy Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Last night my husband and I celebrated my birthday at a great restaurant in Fairfax – COOKING AND COMPANY. We had been here a few years back when it previously known as Vespucci fine Italian dining. Vespucci's has been merged into its parent business Cooking and Company catering under same management.

The owner, Ray, greeted us and gave us fantastic service all evening. He took time with us explaining their wonderful menu. They really cater to people who want healthy food. They also have items on their menu for those diners with special needs that are Vegan, Vegetarian, 100% Gluten Free and they do not use MSG.

Beside wonderful Italian unique and fresh made from scratch meals, you can enjoy other Mediterranean dishes surrounding the Mediterranean sea as well. We got a great bottle of wine and then ordered.

For starters I had a delicious shrimp cocktail – the shrimp had been sautéed in white wine, garlic and olive oil and came with a house-made cocktail sauce. My husband enjoyed the soup of the day which was clam chowder and was really full of clams. They also brought us some great roasted garlic in olive oil along with some bread that was delicious.

For our mains I had the Chicken Marsala, which was fixed with Portobello mushrooms in a wine sauce which was served with several vegetables as sides. My husband tried one of their specialties of Seafood Thermidor – it had jumbo crab-meat, shrimp, scallops and sea bass that was cooked in a creamy cognac sauce and that was topped with a puff pastry. He can't wait to go back and do it all over again – everything was delicious.

Then as a surprise they brought me some cake while a happy birthday song played. It was a wonderful evening and I can definitely recommend Cooking and Company as a great local restaurant – especially for anyone with special dietary needs. Plus they have the catering side of the business so you can order off an extensive menu and enjoy their foods when you entertain. They open daily for dinner at 5 pm. Earlier in the day they can put on special events in their restaurant, so definitely contact Ray at (703) 352-0331, if you are considering something special. The restaurant is located at 10579 Fairfax Blvd., Fairfax, VA.

• Visited February 2013

herndon
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Came with family.. took the boys out to dinner. Lots of meals priced under $16, and smaller portions also available for less. Very affordable food yet exquisite quality and delicious taste. Owner is very personable. He really cares about people and the quality of the food. Food of this quality is hard to find even in so-called 'top' places, and you will pay much more and still not beat the food here. In a 5 star rating of food quality and taste, I would give them 6. When I have been there, the place has not been overly crowded, which is nice. The music is soft and not intrusive, and it is quality music, not the canned elevator stuff at other places.

• Visited December 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Kind of hidden away, but found it no problem with GPS. Well worth it. I am a picky eater, and they catered to me well. They do true gluten free with no cross contamination. Their food is delicious and very reasonably priced for the high quality. The atmosphere is cozy and classy. They cook their food from scratch, so do not expect your meal in just 5 mins... this is NOT fast food, but the waiting time is very reasonable for food cooked from scratch. They use the best quality ingredients, and the chef has very high standards for freshness of ingredients. They cook with olive oil and absolutely do not use MSG, unlike many other places. They can make smaller portions for children if requested, and they have free wifi.

• Visited January 2013
Syracuse, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shenanigans with the check”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

This place has great food but be careful when you get the bill. I got mine and accidentally filled it out with a $5 tip written in before my card was swiped. The tip was low be because the service was bad. It was very slow as the place seemed understaffed. SAy what you want but the tip is MY prerogative. Anyway, I crossed out the tip amount so the owner could run the card at the given price, then I would put the tip in afterward. Well, the owner didn't like the $5 tip and came back to the table and said he could include the gratuity for me if I wanted. I told him no and I would put it in myself after. A few minutes later he comes back with the original check gone, and a new one with no line for a tip, and a charge that was higher because he included and 18%gratuity! So I went into the restaurant and he could tell I was pissed but proceeded to act dumb. I asked him about it and he thought I said to include the gratuity. Right. I told him no and please reprint and run the original bill and I would include the tip as cash. He then said if I had a problem with the service I needed to let the management (him) know about it, so he obviously was aware of what he did because he didn't like my original tip. I asked him if the 18% tip was mandatory and he told me it was! What BS! I told him it is not mandatory and i would leave my own tip. He seemed shaken up by me calling him out and gave me the original check and I left him a $6 tip cash. Like I said, good food, but poor service and the owner was a scheister.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Burke
“The crab Fettucini is to die for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Agree that the place is not typically full but then again my daughter and I go there as a special treat after basketball practice at PVI every couple of months...early at about 5ish. I would go more often for the crab fettucini if we did not live out in Manassas! Starve yourself all day cause it is a heaping helping...yes I said that...but there is moist wonderful lumps of crab in every bite...OMG...leave a review after you go there and try it and tell me it is not THE most incredible dish you have ever had !!! About $16 but for that much crab?? they might be breaking even...

• Visited September 2012