“Love this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #53 of 348 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Outdoor seating
Description: About Our Restaurant-----Previously known as Vespucci’s Fine Italian Dining, our restaurant has merged with its parent business Cooking & Company Catering under the same management but with some new dishes. Branching out from its Mediterranean focus, Cooking and Company now also serves Persian food and is open for lunch, where Persian delicacies such as Zaban, the Persian Hot dog and Kabobs can be enjoyed. Our new menu also has options for our celiac, vegetarian and vegan customers. Our food is free from “MSG” and other additives and is made to order. We believe food should give you energy, not bring you down and additives like “MSG” can cause drowsiness or headaches. Eating bad food is a horrible shame and Cooking & Company is one hundred percent dedicated to offering healthy eating. All of our dishes are our favorite dishes and anything you choose is sure to be delicious and healthy.-----Our goals with our new menu:► To Select and Serve favorite dishes from 21 countries around the Mediterranean Sea!► To use fresh ingredients, following healthy recipes, to create a unique menu!► To provide a full bar with top shelf distilled alcoholic beverages, a premium wine list and popular beers.► To Enable customers to preview and order from eighty pages of catering menu with over 40% to 60% cost savings when they choose to order for off premise catering services.► To create package menus for larger events, saving the customer time and money in food and beverages.► To provide a cozy atmosphere in our dining room, bar and outdoor patio any season and any time of the year the weather permits.►To use special symbols to identify the menu items!------------------------------We assure you that you will want to share the Cooking and Company Restaurant experience with your family and friends and join us for your all special occasions, where we will strive to make it an unforgettable dining experience.
herndon
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Came with family.. took the boys out to dinner. Lots of meals priced under $16, and smaller portions also available for less. Very affordable food yet exquisite quality and delicious taste. Owner is very personable. He really cares about people and the quality of the food. Food of this quality is hard to find even in so-called 'top' places, and you will pay much more and still not beat the food here. In a 5 star rating of food quality and taste, I would give them 6. When I have been there, the place has not been overly crowded, which is nice. The music is soft and not intrusive, and it is quality music, not the canned elevator stuff at other places.

• Visited December 2012

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Kind of hidden away, but found it no problem with GPS. Well worth it. I am a picky eater, and they catered to me well. They do true gluten free with no cross contamination. Their food is delicious and very reasonably priced for the high quality. The atmosphere is cozy and classy. They cook their food from scratch, so do not expect your meal in just 5 mins... this is NOT fast food, but the waiting time is very reasonable for food cooked from scratch. They use the best quality ingredients, and the chef has very high standards for freshness of ingredients. They cook with olive oil and absolutely do not use MSG, unlike many other places. They can make smaller portions for children if requested, and they have free wifi.

• Visited January 2013
Syracuse, New York
“Shenanigans with the check”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

This place has great food but be careful when you get the bill. I got mine and accidentally filled it out with a $5 tip written in before my card was swiped. The tip was low be because the service was bad. It was very slow as the place seemed understaffed. SAy what you want but the tip is MY prerogative. Anyway, I crossed out the tip amount so the owner could run the card at the given price, then I would put the tip in afterward. Well, the owner didn't like the $5 tip and came back to the table and said he could include the gratuity for me if I wanted. I told him no and I would put it in myself after. A few minutes later he comes back with the original check gone, and a new one with no line for a tip, and a charge that was higher because he included and 18%gratuity! So I went into the restaurant and he could tell I was pissed but proceeded to act dumb. I asked him about it and he thought I said to include the gratuity. Right. I told him no and please reprint and run the original bill and I would include the tip as cash. He then said if I had a problem with the service I needed to let the management (him) know about it, so he obviously was aware of what he did because he didn't like my original tip. I asked him if the 18% tip was mandatory and he told me it was! What BS! I told him it is not mandatory and i would leave my own tip. He seemed shaken up by me calling him out and gave me the original check and I left him a $6 tip cash. Like I said, good food, but poor service and the owner was a scheister.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Burke
“The crab Fettucini is to die for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Agree that the place is not typically full but then again my daughter and I go there as a special treat after basketball practice at PVI every couple of months...early at about 5ish. I would go more often for the crab fettucini if we did not live out in Manassas! Starve yourself all day cause it is a heaping helping...yes I said that...but there is moist wonderful lumps of crab in every bite...OMG...leave a review after you go there and try it and tell me it is not THE most incredible dish you have ever had !!! About $16 but for that much crab?? they might be breaking even...

• Visited September 2012
DC area
“A special place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My wife and I go there when we want that special date night dinner. The cook Anna is wonderful and ray is fun just to talk to. See if Anna has made lamb when you go, some of the best I have ever tasted!

• Visited April 2012