“Just Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

You added Stafford House to your Saves list
Stafford House
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   3746 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, VA 22030   |
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #1 of 2 Fairfax B&B and Inns
Havertown, Pennsylvania
“Just Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

My husband and I were going to Fairfax for two days as spectators for the Crossfit Regionals at George Mason University. We were fortunate to be able to book the Stafford House for Thursday and Friday evening. We booked the suite and we felt so pleased when we reached our destination as the accommodation exceeded our expectations. Donna met us at the door like we were family and things got even better from there! The place is immaculate. Although the house sits on a busy street, our suite was quiet and peaceful. There is a jacuzzi and a sauna in the huge bathroom. I took full advantage of the jacuzzi which was three times the size of a regular bathtub....a little bit of heaven and so peaceful and relaxing. The towels were thick and plush. Breakfast was delivered to our room to the minute of the time that it was requested ... delivered on a glass and brass cart. The presentation of the food was " pretty as a picture" and tasted as good as it looked ... Delicious fresh fruit and one day yummy waffles and the next day a cheese frittata. My husband and I have stayed at nearly 40 bed and breakfasts over the last 10 years and we rate Stafford House at the top of our list of favorites. Although there is no common areas or a " group breakast"' we enjoyed having the lovely breakfast cart delivered to our home. Donna was available but not intrusive. The room is massive in size and I would recommend this for a special anniversary or a honeymoon get a way. Did I forget to mention that the bed was awesomely comfy? It was. We don't often frequent a bed and breakfast more than once because there are so many to visit but Stafford House is definitely worth a second visit.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Great location close to everything including the metro station , yet we felt like we were in our own private retreat .Great breakfast delivered to your spotless room at the time of your choice, would definitely stay here again. Enjoyed the privacy and quiet atmosphere on our anniversary weekend.

• Stayed March 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I enjoyed my stay here. I had to book the Queen room one day and the suite the next because of availability that weekend. Donna is an excellent host that made the transition perfect. I'm happy we got to try each room. They both were very cosy. We would return if needed.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Surprised my husband with a visit to Washington DC, our stay at the Stafford house was fantastic, only 30-40 minutes from Washington. The place was peaceful and big. The town of Fairfax had a great small town feeling. The food was great and our hostess Donna was very friendly and non intrusive. I would definitely stay here again if I had the opportunity, and I would recommend to everyone. Our stay here was better than any hotel stay we have every had.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

This get away was sweet, beautiful and quiet. Pricing was reasonable for the experience. I enjoyed the comfy bed and lovely jetted tub. Perfect little getaway for one or two :)Breakfast was great, I absolutely recommend this place!

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

What an amazing place! The King Suite is palatial and made me feel pampered and wealthy :-) The bathroom with it's gigantic jacuzzi tub and awesome fish themed fixtures was incredible. I skipped around the room like a little kid on Christmas morning when we got there. The bed was very comfortable and breakfast was amazing and delivered to the room at the time we had requested. I only regret having to finish our journey back home and not being able to stay more than one night!

You DEFINATELY have to try the Thai place while you're there too for some of the most amazing Thai food I've ever had! But don't go if you're in a hurry. It's perfect for a lovely evening with good company and great food.

Room Tip: Get the King Suite if you can, the bathroom is to die for!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Liberty, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and I first stayed at the charming Stafford House in 2009, so we were very comfortable booking it for a recent visit to our daughter's in Fairfax, VA. We were not disappointed; it was every bit as good as then -- even better. We noticed everything looked nicely maintained; some changes were small, like the addition of wi-fi, and others were much more noticeable like the incredible new mattresses. Don't ask me how, but my husband who doesn't like a firm mattress, AND I who do, both commented on how well we slept.

I have now stayed in both rooms in the house; the suite, which is very private, is huge and luxurious with a gigantic bathroom. The jacuzzi is like a small pool, and there are plenty of mirrors, extra towels, lights, etc. The other room is downstairs and a tad small but quite adequate for two. The bathroom has been totally redone and again, there are more thirsty towels, toiletries, etc. than you could ever use. Both rooms have refrigerators and bottled water. There is really nothing that I can imagine which could be added to either room to make it better. All areas are kept spic and span.

Regardless of which room you book, your breakfast is delivered to you on a tea cart at the time you designate. Those items which should be cold are, and the same can be said for the hot ones. Offerings are varied, attractive, and abundant.

This property is well situated for a visit to George Mason University, Fairfax itself, or any of the DC area. It is centrally located, discreetly hidden directly off a major thoroughfare. Even though it is only blocks from the center of town, we saw deer in the yard several times.

Donna is a dedicated innkeeper who considers her guests to be a joy and privilege. She is extremely accommodating and a lovely lady. During our last visit, I was suffering with a head cold. She continued to ask what she might do or provide to make me more comfortable. However, the ultimate challenge came following our check-out when she had a really great opportunity to provide unbelievable hospitality! In the late afternoon, I was calling her to see if not only we, but also my daughter and her family, who live locally, might check into both rooms for the night. My daughter's a/c had gone out at her home and it would have been a horrible night for all of us, especially the 3 children under 5 years. Instead of getting to enjoy the night off as she had anticipated doing, Donna welcomed us all back even though some of us were quite late getting there. She graciously provided breakfast even though she had had no warning; the children even got milk in sippie-cups! Yes, we paid for our rooms, but what she provided was worth much more than money can buy!

The only reasons this bed and breakfast would be less than perfect is if someone wants the use of large common rooms within the house, as they do not exist; secondly, if you want to enjoy lounging on a perfectly manicured patio or walking through gardens, this is not the right place. However, if you are wanting hosts who are genuine concerned about your comfort, a delightful breakfast, and tasteful, immaculate accommodations in the DC/Fairfax area, you cannot beat this.

Room Tip: The entire house is guaranteed to be pet-free, which hotels/motels cannot ever do. They never know...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple