“Wonderful B&B -- great hospitality, convenient location, delicious food!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stafford House

You added Stafford House to your Saves list
Stafford House
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   3746 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, VA 22030   |
Announcement
No Hotel Tax!
Ranked #1 of 3 Fairfax B&B and Inns
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Wonderful B&B -- great hospitality, convenient location, delicious food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

My husband and I spent 5 nights at this B&B and couldn't have been more pleased,. The hostess provided a comfortable atmosphere, answered questions, and was very friendly. The room was very comfortable, and certainly roomy for the two of us to spread out for a week's stay. The bathroom was like a spa. The breakfast was served in our room and delicious and hearty every day -- we never had to eat lunch and we spent the whole day on our feet walking and touring. There was a bus stop right outside the front door with an easy commute to the Metro station. Private parking was provided as well.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality

Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

om the minute I arrived to the last night I spent the innkeeper made me feel welcome and at home. I spent a total of 10 peaceful nights at the Stafford House nad hope I will be back soon in the area so I can stay there again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2008

The Stafford House is a wonderful place to stay. My daughter and I just returned from a week's stay in Fairfax, VA and the Washington DC area. We had one of the two rooms at the Stafford House. It was a nice large room on the ground floor - an incredibly comfortable bed, a large sitting area, there was even a fireplace which I think would be great in January but not in June. The bathroom is a new addition to the house. It is large with a claw foot pedestal tub perfect for soaking and a wonderful shower with a rain overhead and two sets of jets that spray from the side. Donna, the innkeeper, is very pleasant, gracious and helpful. I had the misfortune to be sick while on vacation; she brought me tea and toast! There is not a common room for breakfast, which at first, I thought would be strange. However, Donna delivers breakfast to the room, each morning at the time of our chosing. We felt very pampered! It's a bit like room service, but in a B&B - the best of both worlds! We even enjoyed getting to know Rupert the daschaund.
A note for other travelers. Donna's husband is a minister so they only rent to married couples or singles like my daughter and I. Not a problem for us, but may be an issue for others.
It is also very convenient to the metro, there is a bus stop in front of the inn, there are restaurants and shopping nearby too. We would highly recommend this as a lovely place to stay.

• Liked — the location and the breakfast in our room
  • Disliked — not enough storage space
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mom-n-daughter
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2008

I am a business traveler and I could not recommend this location with more enthusiasm. The location is fantastic; you can walk to some area restaurants and park nearby. Interstate access is seconds away. The owners are the best I have had in a B&B (or hotel). The breakfast is fantastic.

I will stay here whenever I travel to the area. I can absolutely see why newlyweds adore this location but for someone working away from home - it is an unmatched choice.

• Stayed May 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Inn right after our wedding. It was a great, private room that made us feel like royalty! We enjoyed the plush robes, king sized bed and room service breakfast. It was like our own little hideaway!

• Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank micsack
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2006

We stayed at the Stafford House March 30 through April 3 2006,to celebrate our marriage. We never once had any wants or needs. The owners were very friendly and helpful. We will be staying their again. The room was neat,clean, and comfortable. The decorations were so much nicer than a carbon copy hotel. Luxuarious is an understatement. I can't even comment on the fantastic food and give it the justification it deserves. This is our 4th stay at a bed & breakfast but it is #1 for us. THANK YOU

Stayed March 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Stafford House the night we got married in 2003. It was beautiful! We are returning for our 2-year anniversary.
Opening one's home to have people stay is a big decision. I appreciate the excellent service and the Stafford's high moral standards.

• Stayed October 2003
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfax
Residence Inn Fairfax City
Hampton Inn Fairfax City
Comfort Inn University Center
Candlewood Suites Fairfax
Hilton Garden Inn Fairfax
Courtyard by Marriott Fairfax Fair Oaks

Been to Stafford House? Share your experiences!