“Never disappointed....” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Takeout
Fairfax, Virginia
“Never disappointed....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have been to Pomodoros so many times now I lost count.. number one the owners remember people....Imagine! actually someone knowing your name like on "Cheers" the t.v. show and talking to you with genuine warmth, even when they are busy beyond belief. Also, every time the food is to perfection. My personal favorite is sausage penne pepper. My husband gets a seafood dish with noodles and my oldest daughter gets the chicken and noodles. Good glass of Cianti and as my boss would say in his N.Y. accent " Forget about it" not to be rivaled.
It is not a very big place but people manage to not be standing long to get a table.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
Northern Virginia
“A true New York style Pizzeria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I grew up in Brooklyn, NY and have been here in Northern Virginia for 20 years. I have been a repeat customer at the Pomodoro's in Fairfax Towne Center for years. There are many repeat customers here which should tell you something about the food. I love this place and order from here weekly. The thing that separates pizzeria's for me is the sauce. This place does it right.The sauce is not over spiced like so many restaurants. The meatballs in the meatball parmigiana melt in your mouth. A large pie is the traditional 18 in pizza familiar to all of us from NYC not the 16 in ones from many of the chain store pizzeria's. They are generous with their portions and when I eat here, I feel like I am in a pizzeria n NY. . If they only made a Sicillian pie, then I would be in pizza heaven.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Herndon, Virginia
“Great pizza and even better service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

The pizza here is one of the best in town! The service is also great. We ordered a half veggie half pepperoni and sausage but when it came out it had basil instead of veggie on it. We mentioned it to the staff and told them it wasn't a big deal and the basil was fine. However, they would not accept that and they made us another whole pizza for free. So, if you are in the mood for great pizza and service go to Pomodoro!!

Fairfax, VA
“The Best Pizza in the DC Area By Far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Pomodoro in Fairfax Town Center is a tremendous hidden gem. The pizza is absolutely delicious and is easily the best in the area. I have been ordering the extra cheese for years and I have seen no reason to change to anything else. The cheese is plentiful, but it is the combination with just the right amount of sauce and the perfect crust that make it the best. I have not tried any of their pasta dishes, but the variety looks quite impressive. I can comment on my other favorite here which is their Meatball Parmigiano Sub and Fries which are every bit as good as the pizza (and that is saying something). Prices for the pizza in particular are quite reasonable (especially with their coupons and considering a medium pie here is the same as a large elsewhere). While the place can get quite busy on Friday nights, I usually do take out and Tony (one of the owners) is always quite friendly and genuine. Superb food, value and service... That great tandem easily earns them a 5 star rating in my book.

• Visited July 2012
Washington, DC
“For New Yorkers This Is the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

There is no better New York corner pizza parlor pizza in WDC than Pomodoro in Fairfax. Pizza is great and other food is good. New York Pizza Parlor taste.

Have been going here for years and still can find any place to beat it for NY Style Pizza. I can't pass a pizza place without checking out a slice. Being a transplanted New Yorker for the past 35 years I am always on the lookout for Pizza - New York Style. 35 years ago the only pizza in DC besides Shaky's etc. was Armand's Chicago Style near AU - which was around before Chicago Pizza Uno's - I'll let the Chicagoans duke that one out about Chicago style.

Any and I mean any corner Pizza Parlor in NYC had better pizza than anywhere/anywhere in DC. Then in the 80's there was a Pizza place in the back of the Dean and Deluca building in Georgetown. It was closed and long gone. Through the years, slowly some NY Style have cropped up. The wood fired - creative topping - designer elite pizza is not what we look for. I discovered Pomodoro years ago with my transplanted AU Alumni best friend - If I have time I will drive to Pomodoro rather than subject myself to someone else's "New York" pizza (not exactly true - I keep trying to find something closer to home and keep getting disappointed). I even tried to talk one of the brothers into opening up in Manassas area (in a pinch - for now I have to go to 2nd best Pizza Margherita in Gainsville).

And for those of you that like to complain about the Italian food in these types of places - for pete's sake it's not Italian food. Even Little Italy didn't serve Italian food until LI became trendy and a tourist location. The food that is this Little Italy type, Maggiano's type etc., is immigrant Italian food based upon what they could cook up in the "new country". The old country recipes adapted to the new adopted land. That's why "Italian food" is familiar but slightly different in New York, Boston Chicago, San Fran. What most of you know as "Italian Food" is immigrant food from the turn of the century. If you like this type of food buy "Italian Immigrant Cooking" by Elodia Riganti (Amazon) - every recipe works and tasts like my grandmother's cooking from the Bronx.

• Visited March 2012