“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We were dropping my daughter off at George Mason University. This Best Western gave a discounted rate for family members of students. We woould have stayed here anyway and will stay here in the future. Clean rooms, good breakfast {except quality of coffee), and the staff was beyond freindly and helpful. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

182 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Middletown, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Conveniently located just off I-66, this hotel was an excellent "home away from home" for my wife and I as we vacationed in the DC-area. Upon driving up to the facility it looked somewhat tired on the exterior -- could update signage; however once you walk into the lobby we were greeted by welcoming and very competent staffers at the reception desk. Our room on the interior court overlooked a very pleasant pool area. The woman in charge of housekeeping our room took great care of us. The breakfast (free) is outstanding and there was a broad choice of hot and cold meals along with a bevy of beverages. If visiting the District of Columbia, you can take a public bus to the nearby Vienna Metro stop. We drove to the station each day as it was a couple of miles up the road via the Interstate. Parking will cost $4.75 at the Metro station lot. The trains run frequently and we were generally into downtown within a half-hour. Do your homework with respect to the fare structure of the Washington Metro or you'll end up paying more than necessary. One day we opted to visit Annapolis, MD which was a short 70 minute drives from the hotel. well worth the visit. If you plan or need to use the Internet, stay mindful that the free Wi-Fi is very slow in the guest rooms ... but it is really free. Should we vacation in this area again, we would certainly look at BW Fairfax.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Charlotte, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Once outside the room and in the courtyard filled with trees and plants it was a relaxing place to enjoy. It is adjacent to a main road for easy access yet far enough away to be quiet and peaceful. It is on par with many other Best Western hotels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Best Western provides a level of quality we expect at a good price for our budget. With a family of four it is good to have breakfast in house with good options. Pool is nice, too! Hotel is slightly dated but comfortable and clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Charlottesville, VA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Our room was very nice and was very clean. The staff was friendly, professional and courteous. This hotel is not a fancy, upscale establishment, but somehow still felt that way. We happened to stay on an unseasonably cool July day, and sitting by the pool in the shade with the breeze blowing through the pine trees felt like heaven. I grew up in Fairfax, so just staying there in a hotel felt like home to me. I'm hoping to plan a family reunion next summer and this hotel will be my first choice for a location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Blacksburg, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

As with most of my trips, I was in town to attend a concert. (Actually two this time. Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters the first night, and the Steve Miller Band on the second night. Both at the Filene center at the Wolf Trap Theater. Great shows in a beautiful location!) I rated my stay at the Best Western Fairfax as average, otherwise it had it's ups and downs. The staff at the front desk was both friendly and helpful. (This can be a problem for me sometimes as I am a heavily tattooed person.) Check in (and out) went smoothly. The give you a little complimentary bag of snacks (a bottle of water, an apple, and a granola bar) which I found nice. The room was pretty much what you expect from any Best Western, a little worn but mostly clean and comfortable. The adjustable shower head was broken and had a little mold growing in it. The mattress was slightly lumpy. And the room smelled a little. (I blame myself for this one as I took a smoking room.) But, the AC worked well, the hotel has a nice pool area, and there is a free breakfast buffet. (I actually didn't eat at the buffet thanks to being up too late for the concerts I attended. But everyone I talked to while staying at the hotel loved the breakfast buffet, so I am sure that it was good.) Like I said, it is pretty much what you would expect from a Best Western and I would stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I was worried about the 2.5 stars rating from previous customers, but when I got there I was pleasantly surprised at the accommodations. The room was very nice and clean. The bed was SUPER comfortable and the showers where big. The refridge had a freezer that actually worked. The continental breakfast was awesome. Alot better that bagels and apples, pancakes, grits, sausage, yogurt, waffle makers, juice and coffee. Oh yes and oatmeal, fresh. Not make your own. I will stay again. Although not very close to DC, but the value out weighs the distance.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to BEST WESTERN Fairfax? Share your experiences!