“Relaxing courtyard around the pool” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Charlotte, United States
“Relaxing courtyard around the pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Once outside the room and in the courtyard filled with trees and plants it was a relaxing place to enjoy. It is adjacent to a main road for easy access yet far enough away to be quiet and peaceful. It is on par with many other Best Western hotels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Best Western provides a level of quality we expect at a good price for our budget. With a family of four it is good to have breakfast in house with good options. Pool is nice, too! Hotel is slightly dated but comfortable and clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Charlottesville, VA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Our room was very nice and was very clean. The staff was friendly, professional and courteous. This hotel is not a fancy, upscale establishment, but somehow still felt that way. We happened to stay on an unseasonably cool July day, and sitting by the pool in the shade with the breeze blowing through the pine trees felt like heaven. I grew up in Fairfax, so just staying there in a hotel felt like home to me. I'm hoping to plan a family reunion next summer and this hotel will be my first choice for a location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Blacksburg, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

As with most of my trips, I was in town to attend a concert. (Actually two this time. Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters the first night, and the Steve Miller Band on the second night. Both at the Filene center at the Wolf Trap Theater. Great shows in a beautiful location!) I rated my stay at the Best Western Fairfax as average, otherwise it had it's ups and downs. The staff at the front desk was both friendly and helpful. (This can be a problem for me sometimes as I am a heavily tattooed person.) Check in (and out) went smoothly. The give you a little complimentary bag of snacks (a bottle of water, an apple, and a granola bar) which I found nice. The room was pretty much what you expect from any Best Western, a little worn but mostly clean and comfortable. The adjustable shower head was broken and had a little mold growing in it. The mattress was slightly lumpy. And the room smelled a little. (I blame myself for this one as I took a smoking room.) But, the AC worked well, the hotel has a nice pool area, and there is a free breakfast buffet. (I actually didn't eat at the buffet thanks to being up too late for the concerts I attended. But everyone I talked to while staying at the hotel loved the breakfast buffet, so I am sure that it was good.) Like I said, it is pretty much what you would expect from a Best Western and I would stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I was worried about the 2.5 stars rating from previous customers, but when I got there I was pleasantly surprised at the accommodations. The room was very nice and clean. The bed was SUPER comfortable and the showers where big. The refridge had a freezer that actually worked. The continental breakfast was awesome. Alot better that bagels and apples, pancakes, grits, sausage, yogurt, waffle makers, juice and coffee. Oh yes and oatmeal, fresh. Not make your own. I will stay again. Although not very close to DC, but the value out weighs the distance.

• Stayed July 2013
Canton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed here during the hottest week this summer, the staff was great, the rooms were comfortable. The bus was right outside the door, the bus took us to the Metro, the Metro took us to DC. The breakfast was good and the service was friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This Best western is an old Holiday inn that has been here for decades. I like the old holiday in room layout that was the standard back in the 70s and 80s, it reminds me of when I was a kid on vacation. The building may be old but the current owners have the place in great condition. Everything was clean and comfortable and although I did not use the pool it looked very clean and inviting on a warm summer evening. There was a listing in the hotel directory for a Chinese restaurant called China Garden, I called them up and they delivered some of the best Chinese food I have had in a long time and they got it delivered to my room in less than 20 minutes. I was here for just one night and will return next time I am in Fairfax.

Room Tip: They do have some rooms that you can park almost in front of the door, they are around in the back.