“Great for the price and location” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Lafayette, LA
“Great for the price and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2008

We stayed here for the nights of June 11-12, 2008. If you have things to do in Northern Virginia this is a fabulous location. If you have things to do in DC it is a very good location with quick access to I-66.

Our room was a double queen and the room was nice with a fridge and microwave. It is located witin 1/10 mile of the great 29-Diner and a Fuddruckers,

The office staff was very nice, the rooms comfortable, and the free wireless is always great!

Would I stay here again? Yes.

• Liked — Location and Price
  • Disliked — It is an older less modern hotel.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Willoughby
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2008

May I first preface this review by saying I'm a single woman traveling alone on business so I'm a little more congnizant of my safety than when I travel with my husband. I arrived on Sunday night and was provided my room expeditiously. I was a bit shocked when they announced which room I was staying in (with explicit directions on how to get there) loud enough for everyone in the lobby to know which room I was assigned. I was more than a little distressed to see they'd put me on the 3rd floor - and with an outside entrance and no elevator, my immediate realization was how difficult it was going to be to cart all my stuff up three flights of stairs! I decided to see if I could move to a room that was more convenient since I 'shlep' a lot of stuff along when I travel. I went back to the front desk and the staff was rather surprised to hear I wasn't real comfortable with the location of the room. Well, they graciously re-assigned me and again announced where I was staying (room & directions, etc.) and when I commented that I was surprised that they announce room numbers out loud. They looked at me like I had three heads - assuring me it was 'a very safe place'.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay but at the risk of sounding paranoid, I stay away from hotels where the only entrance to the rooms are from the outside. Even with security cameras keeping watch, I wouldn't recommend this hotel for women who travel alone.

• Liked — Pretty view outside into the courtyard/pool area.
  • Disliked — No elevators and only outside entrances to the guest rooms.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Des Plaines, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2008

We needed a place to stay one night while we went to visit Georgetown University in DC. This was inexpensive and available. We were extremely tired from driving and check-in was a breeze. The night manager was very friendly and efficient.
All rooms have outside entrance, very cold. Rooms a little dark. Needed more towels and internet was hard to connect up to.
All in all it was good enough for a nights stay. The $4.00 breakfast buffet the next morning was the best!! Eggs,Sausage,potatoes,juice,sweets,cereals, breads all for $4.00 including tax!! What a buy!
It was fine not fantastic but I would reccommend. Very close to metro station to take train into DC.

Stayed March 2008
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2008

I had to come down to DC for business, so I searched the Web for a decent and affordable hotel. I was shocked to find that some hotels charge $200+ for just one night. Thankfully, I came across the Best Western Fairfax website. The fee was reasonable, and I got a discount! The room was smoke-free and clean. I was given a Poolside View Room, and the King Size bed was very comfortable.

• Liked — Great price.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2007

Stayed here for one night last wk on business trip. Was the first time in the area, and didn't really see many other hotels around this place. It was more motelish than hotelish, as all rooms are accessible from the outside--haven't stayed in one of these in a while! there is no elevator so you have to drag your luggage up the stairs.

Room--was decent. Mine was pretty clean but for some reason I couldn't shake off the feeling that it wasn't that nice although honestly I didn't really find any fault with anything. Flat screen TV, large bathroom, disposable cups, fridge, microwave, a/c and heater, and couch included in the room.

there is a restaurant and it was very empty. Our waiter was also our cooker. He did a decent job with the burgers though but then again I was starving. Fries were good too.

They have a business center for internet access. I don't think there is an additional charge to use, but the internet was down when I was there,

Overall, if yo uhave to stay in the area for a short period of time, this isn't bad. Staff was nice and friendly, room was clean, but decor is a bit dated I guess. Since it was for work, I was hoping for something a bit nicer and more comfortable and luxurious. There is also an outdoor pool which looks nice but since its Nov. didn't use obviously.

• Liked — It was close to our meeting location in Fairfax
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mt Washington, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2007

Finding a hotel at a good price in the DC area during the busy summer travel season is tough. But I can strongly recommend the Fairfax Best Western for its value and service. Our room with a King bed was clean & well maintained; efficiently organized and equipped with a small refrigerator. The bathroom and shower functioned perfectly. Although rooms must be accessed from the outside, ours faced the well-kept courtyard and pool in a nice shady setting. I made use of the pool daily and the laundering room on our third night. Perhaps the most pleasant surprise was the $4 breakfast buffet; much more than the typical bagel & cereal continentals found elsewhere in this class of hotel. Management was great in extending our stay and assisting in directions. The city bus stop is right across the street with a short ride to the metro station for access to downtown DC. I hope to stay here again.

• Liked — $4 breakfast buffet
  • Disliked — electrical outlet placement
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Annapolis, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2007

We stayed here while on vacation for just one night, and selected the facility due to its location to Dulles Airport (we were picking up children at 6:30 am). While the room was clean, and comfortable, the front desk staff we encountered on check in was not really a pleasant person, to the point of slamming our key cards down on the counter. The restaurant was disappointing. Poor decor, limited menu (printed front and back on a piece of paper). Despite our not wanting to leave the hotel for dinner that evening, we left the restaurant and headed down the road a bit where there wer several other options, including several chain restaurants (Red Lobster, Outback, etc.) The breakfast buffet at $4 per person was fine, but considering the price of the room, should have been included in the room charge as is done at other Best Westerns.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — restaurant facility
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to BEST WESTERN Fairfax? Share your experiences!