“Great value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Somerset, Pennsylvania
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed with Best Western July 9th & 10th. Our stay was very good. The staff was very friendly and a hats off to the lady that handles the morning breakfast. She kept everything filled and when something ran low she got right on to it. Thank you The front desk staff that we dealt with in the mornings and later in the evening we all very friendly, the morning staff even helped us to plan our visit into the city with maps. We were only expecting to stay one night but everything was so good we extended our stay to be able to visit Washington, D.C. another day. I can't think of one thing that was bad other than our a/c made some weird noises, but it still worked fine. We plan on traveling to Washington again later this year and we will definitely look into stay with this location of Best Western again. Thank you

Room Tip: About 20 minute ride into Washington D.C on a weekday morning.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
The Villages
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Stay with one of America's presidents -- at least with their portrait on the wall.

Have a wonderful breakfast in the well appointed dining room and then head out for the day's sightseeing by car. The nearest Metro stop is a few miles away, but by car you can immediately hop onto I-66 for a quick (or maybe not so quick!) ride to the capital.

If traffic is bad going in to town, go the other way and spend the day at Manassas Battlefield or one of many other historic sites west of Fairfax.

Rooms are large and quiet. The pool is an old design so it also is large and pleasant.

Walk a block or two for Asian food or a heart-stopping Fuddrucker's burger.

• Stayed August 2012
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is a typical 2 star hotel. Did have a flat screen TV. Ask for up to 4 breakfast tickets. Great breakfast with lots of hot choices, but don't get to breakfast close to end or they may be out of some things. 3 stories with no elevator. Outside entry. Good plentiful parking. A/C was very cold and could not get turned down easily. Fridge and microwave was helpful. Good access off I-66 and 5 min. from Vienna Metro. Great hotel for what we wanted, convenient access and at a good price. We would stay here again.

Cranford, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Booked this motel as a layover spot to rest on 7/4/13 before going to Mt Vernon and heading into DC. If not for the terrible musty smell in the room, this would have been a pretty good place. Easy to get to and a nice pool. Desk staff and motel worker were really very helpful (brought us take out menus and told us about viewing the local fireworks from the parking lot across street. Even the older room would have been ok if it weren't for the musty smell - OVERWHELMING. My guess is it was from the AC. Stayed in a smoking room, but it did not smell of smoke, but old water. I wiped the room down with lysol (which I always do), but didn't do a thing for the smell.

Cincinnati, OH, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

If you are reminiscent about the good old days, stay here. The hotel is an older property with outside corridors and harvest gold bathrooms. The bed is comfortable, the furnishings have been updated, and there is a flat screen TV. However, I believe the bathroom hasn't been touched since I stayed here on a business trip over a decade ago. This isn't necessarily a bad thing except it really didn't feel very clean, either. There were hairs on the bathroom floor and on the bed. It certainly wasn't the worst room I've ever had, but it was far from the cleanest room I've ever had. There is a little placard on the bathroom counter that talks about how the room is "Ultra cleaned". I got a chuckle reading it because the room didn't live up to the description. I will say the outside of the property is beautifully landscaped. It can be hard to pull out of the parking lot at rush hour.

The best thing about my stay was the breakfast. It was spectacular. They have a buffet full of hot items, including biscuits, gravy, meats, corned beef hash, etc. It was a better selection than I have seen at many restaurants. It is the best breakfast I have had at a hotel in the DC area. If you stay here, don't miss the breakfast!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My visit to this hotel consisted primarily of using the awesome lobby Internet computer. The speed of it was outstanding, the fastest screen paints I have ever seen in my forty years of computing.

I used speedtest.net to measure the speed. It clocked in at over 60 Mb/sec. I got my forum post done, with the best result I could have imagined. Front desk staff was present and prompt, providing help for out of town guests.

Room Tip: If you can do stairs, any room is fine. If you do not like stairs, either choose another property o...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Newton Falls, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for the last five years over Memorial Day weekend. My father was a vet and my friends are all veterans. We come into town to participate in Rolling Thunder every year and already have my reservations made for next year. That said, the staff (Adam, you know who you are) are all well trained and go beyond to help you with anything that you could possibly need. The hotel is clean and breakfast is so convenient in the morining, a very nice selection. I feel for the staff, especially on this weekend, because off all the bikes that do come into town. The hotel is easy to get to from I-66 or Route 50. The restaurants and gas stations around town are easy to get to as well AND is conveniently located to Patriot Harley Davidson. Yes they don't have elevators, but for where the rooms are located - its not that far to walk. If that is a problem, then register early to get a room on the sides of the hotel that are convenient to the parking spaces. We had a tragedy this last trip and had to run back and forth to Fairfax Innovus hospital. Family members came in and stayed in their loved one's reserved rooms with no problems whatsoever. I can't say enough about this hotel. Stephen, you have a great thing going and hope that everyone knows that they are appreciated. Thank you.

Room Tip: If you don't want to walk far to your vehicle (or motorcycle) then reserve an outside room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN Fairfax? Share your experiences!