“If not for the smell in the room” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Cranford, New Jersey
“If not for the smell in the room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Booked this motel as a layover spot to rest on 7/4/13 before going to Mt Vernon and heading into DC. If not for the terrible musty smell in the room, this would have been a pretty good place. Easy to get to and a nice pool. Desk staff and motel worker were really very helpful (brought us take out menus and told us about viewing the local fireworks from the parking lot across street. Even the older room would have been ok if it weren't for the musty smell - OVERWHELMING. My guess is it was from the AC. Stayed in a smoking room, but it did not smell of smoke, but old water. I wiped the room down with lysol (which I always do), but didn't do a thing for the smell.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Cincinnati, OH, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

If you are reminiscent about the good old days, stay here. The hotel is an older property with outside corridors and harvest gold bathrooms. The bed is comfortable, the furnishings have been updated, and there is a flat screen TV. However, I believe the bathroom hasn't been touched since I stayed here on a business trip over a decade ago. This isn't necessarily a bad thing except it really didn't feel very clean, either. There were hairs on the bathroom floor and on the bed. It certainly wasn't the worst room I've ever had, but it was far from the cleanest room I've ever had. There is a little placard on the bathroom counter that talks about how the room is "Ultra cleaned". I got a chuckle reading it because the room didn't live up to the description. I will say the outside of the property is beautifully landscaped. It can be hard to pull out of the parking lot at rush hour.

The best thing about my stay was the breakfast. It was spectacular. They have a buffet full of hot items, including biscuits, gravy, meats, corned beef hash, etc. It was a better selection than I have seen at many restaurants. It is the best breakfast I have had at a hotel in the DC area. If you stay here, don't miss the breakfast!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My visit to this hotel consisted primarily of using the awesome lobby Internet computer. The speed of it was outstanding, the fastest screen paints I have ever seen in my forty years of computing.

I used speedtest.net to measure the speed. It clocked in at over 60 Mb/sec. I got my forum post done, with the best result I could have imagined. Front desk staff was present and prompt, providing help for out of town guests.

Room Tip: If you can do stairs, any room is fine. If you do not like stairs, either choose another property o...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Newton Falls, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for the last five years over Memorial Day weekend. My father was a vet and my friends are all veterans. We come into town to participate in Rolling Thunder every year and already have my reservations made for next year. That said, the staff (Adam, you know who you are) are all well trained and go beyond to help you with anything that you could possibly need. The hotel is clean and breakfast is so convenient in the morining, a very nice selection. I feel for the staff, especially on this weekend, because off all the bikes that do come into town. The hotel is easy to get to from I-66 or Route 50. The restaurants and gas stations around town are easy to get to as well AND is conveniently located to Patriot Harley Davidson. Yes they don't have elevators, but for where the rooms are located - its not that far to walk. If that is a problem, then register early to get a room on the sides of the hotel that are convenient to the parking spaces. We had a tragedy this last trip and had to run back and forth to Fairfax Innovus hospital. Family members came in and stayed in their loved one's reserved rooms with no problems whatsoever. I can't say enough about this hotel. Stephen, you have a great thing going and hope that everyone knows that they are appreciated. Thank you.

Room Tip: If you don't want to walk far to your vehicle (or motorcycle) then reserve an outside room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Holbrook, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is our second time we stayed at the Best Western Fairfax and we loved it. Staff was so nice, especially Sandra at the front desk. We visited because my son and daughter in law had their first child and we travelled from NY to Va. The room was great and they also had a pool, the free breakfast was wonderful as well. Highly recommend this hotel, short distance from DC, we would love to stay there again! Lucy & Bob

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Waukesha, Wisconsin, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The hotel was very nice. Clean, and lovely grounds. I was glad to be on the first floor as there are no elevators to the 2nd and 3rd floors. It was very close to the Metro whcih we used every day. The stop was one exit away on easily accessable hwy. The service at the hotel was excellent. Friendly and helpful, they even printed us directions to Gettysburg. The breakfast was great. Good hot and cold selections, real china and silverware, and the room was a restaurant with nice tables and booths, plenty of room. Although the pool was not open, it was a lovely area. We were close to restaruants and stores like Walmart and grocery shopping. We did our wash in the coin operated laudry, all was very clean and accommodating. Would stay there again in a minute!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lexington, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Me and my family stayed here on a long weekend trip to Virgina and Washington DC. The rooms were quaint and the restaurant on site had a nice selection for breakfast. The staff was not only friendly but very helpful. Being our first time there anytime we asked for directions somewhere, they made sure we had directions. All in all we had a wonderful trip and plan to stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Fairfax? Share your experiences!