“Better than Brazil!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Texas de Brazil Churrascaria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 360 Restaurants in Fairfax
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
“Better than Brazil!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

One of my very favorite restaurants, food is Outstanding! I think it is better than many Churrascarias in Brazil. Have tried both Fogo de Chao and Chima, Texas de Brazil is my favorite. Pricey but worth it!
The atmosphere/decor is elegant (see website for sample), so great for dates and special occasions. Extensive, unique "salad bar" with things like goat cheese pate, huge chunks of bacon, shrimp, giant cheese wheel, delicious salads and even an amazing Lobster Bisque soup. The meat choices are fabulous including flank steak, filet mignon, Picanha, leg of lamb, lamb chops, as well as a variety of pork, chicken. Wonderful dining experience, GO!

“Outstanding food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Visited many times, food and service always outstanding. Highly recommend. Sign up for club and receive frequent coupons/discounts.

Centreville, Virginia
“Great Dining Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I had reservations for 2 since the website recommended them, we arrived 10 mins early and were seated immediately! The staff is very respectful and formal. Now...the salad bar is amazing! I knew I would be consuming massive amounts of meats so I wanted to pace myself at the salad bar but it is incredibly difficult with so many fresh and unique items! The servers bringing the different cuts of meat were frequently stopping by our table and no matter what cut of meat it is always cooked and seasoned to perfection! Upon nearing my limit of what my stomach could handle, the manager approached our table to make sure everything was great. He asked if we had an opportunity to sample everything we wanted. At which time I told him we hadn't tried the filet mignon yet. He replied "I will have some brought over right away, is medium rare ok?" I replied "Yes...Please, thank you so much." The gentleman arrived with the filet and it was so soft and so flavorful...it was melt in your mouth amazing! A few minutes later the manager returned to ask if we had the filet and if we enjoyed it. THAT is great service and attention to detail. We will be returning to this wonderful restaurant very soon.

• Visited August 2013
Centreville, Virginia
“Great service, amazing food, fresh salad bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I went here last night to celebrate our anniversary. It was my treat, as I knew the best place to take him was to a meat buffet! He had been to local competitors before (i.e., Fogo de Chao) and found this place to be superior for a number of reasons.

Our server, Fabrizio, was very knowledgeable about the dishes and cuts of meats. He explained that the meat is served medium rare and seasoned (salt) by default but if we preferred a different temp or without salt he would let the carvers know and they'd bring us meat according to our preferences. He was constantly taking away our dirty dishes and providing clean plates, and our beverage glasses were never empty. It was a little difficult to understand him at times, but we chalked this up to it being a 'Brazilian barbecue'! The carvers brought out leg of lamb, lamp chops, flank steak, chicken, pork loin, filet, etc. and each variety I sampled was amazing.

Dinner is $45 pp and includes the salad bar. The salad bar also contained rice, black beans, marinated mushrooms, and a lobster bisque (which had absolutely no lobster in it but was tasty anyway). Desserts are extra. If you sign up for their e-club, they'll send you a gift certificate for a free meal on your birthday. As it turns out, my birthday is next week so I got my meal free (an excellent deal!). Consider tipping your server on the full cost of the meal before discounts though. :)

Even though we were there as a couple, there were definitely families there with small children in booster seats). The restaurant is quite large so if you'd prefer to dine away from the kids they can easily accommodate that.

Oh, and the bathroom is immaculate!

• Visited August 2013
Leesburg, Virginia
“Best Birthday Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My family took me out to Texas De Brazil a few weeks ago and it was a blast. I've heard about the place before, but I underestimated just how good the food would be, and how cool the staff was as they walked around carting their excellent food on swords. It was amazing.

The dessert and the Sangria were great, totally recommend to friends, family and strangers alike.