As other reviewers say, this was a Holiday Inn hotel which has been renovated to a Marriott. The public areas have been done well and look good and stylish but not all fixtures and fittings have been replaced in the rooms. The beds and bedding are all new and the rooms have been decorated as have the bathrooms but many of the fittings are those from Holiday Inn. The washbasin and bath in our room had been rplaced as had the tiling, but the toilet was old ond broken! The carpet stained and not too clean.
Some of the staff must also be from Holiday Inn, most of the front desk staff have no idea and are hopeless with customer service. On checking in we were assigned an incorrect room, although it was 5pm and an alternate room was available, they could not issue keys for 30 minutes and had us wait in the lobby!!! Why? no idea, no excuse and only a vague apology!!
The restaurant is good, the food excellent although very quiet as there are good restaurants in the area, the breakfast buffet is again not of Marriott standards.
There has obviously been a lot of money spent on this hotel especially in the public areas but Marriott, you really should do better when you take over a hotel from another chain, I always stay in Marriott's if I can but I would avoid this one!
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Fairfax Fair Oaks Mall Hotel
- Marriott Fairfax Fair Oaks Mall Hotel Fairfax
- Marriott Fairfax
- Fairfax Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks is in an ideal Northern Virginia location, just 20 minutes from Dulles International Airport, and is perfect for business trips, group meetings, wedding receptions, and weekend getaways to Washington DC. Guests love being adjacent to the Fair Oaks Mall, where there are over 190 specialty store and restaurants within walking distance, and also the close proximity to Government offices, business parks, GMU, and the Udvar-Hazy center. This luxurious hotel features 11 meeting rooms with almost 9,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, a full-service business center, an indoor pool, fitness center, as well as an onsite restaurant and bar serving a delicious American menu with a variety of signature cocktails. Guest Rooms feature chic décor with modern amenities including free WiFi access and a 32” LCD HDTVs with premium cable. Meanwhile the Marriott Luxury Bedding featuring offering plush mattresses, crisp linens, and fluffy pillows is sure to give guest the perfect night’s sleep in this Fairfax, VA hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.