This hotel used to be a Holiday Inn of the "Holidome" variety but it has been remodeled bottom to top front to back and in its new life, the building carries the Marriott flag. As one other reviewer noticed, the only hints that it's not a 100% new building from the ground up are the elevators and the antiquated looking controls for the Heat and A/C. The owners have put a lot of money into marble and wood trim and crown moldings and it all looks very nice. The room had Marriott's new bedding with lots of pillows and was very comfortable. There was also a coffee table and sofa in the room. The desk was in two parts that allows you to move part to where ever in the room you want. This does allow you to work at the desk and watch the TV (in an armoire) at the same time. A definite plus in my book. The bathroom was on the small size but adaquate for one person. The other's are correct in that the rooms on the highway side of the building do have a fair amount of street noise especially during rush hours. See if you can avoid getting one of those.
The restaurant and bar are on the dark side with lots of wood panels with a very old gentleman's club vibe to it. While there were many people coming and going through the lobby of the hotel, the bar and the restaurant seemed to have very few customers. I wondered if the lighting had something to do with it.
My stay was very predictable Marriott -- nothing bad, but nothing extraordinary either.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Fairfax Fair Oaks Mall Hotel Fairfax
- Marriott Fairfax Fair Oaks Mall Hotel
- Marriott Fairfax
- Fairfax Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks is in an ideal Northern Virginia location, just 20 minutes from Dulles International Airport, and is perfect for business trips, group meetings, wedding receptions, and weekend getaways to Washington DC. Guests love being adjacent to the Fair Oaks Mall, where there are over 190 specialty store and restaurants within walking distance, and also the close proximity to Government offices, business parks, GMU, and the Udvar-Hazy center. This luxurious hotel features 11 meeting rooms with almost 9,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, a full-service business center, an indoor pool, fitness center, as well as an onsite restaurant and bar serving a delicious American menu with a variety of signature cocktails. Guest Rooms feature chic décor with modern amenities including free WiFi access and a 32” LCD HDTVs with premium cable. Meanwhile the Marriott Luxury Bedding featuring offering plush mattresses, crisp linens, and fluffy pillows is sure to give guest the perfect night’s sleep in this Fairfax, VA hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.