“Fairfax Oaks Marriott” 4 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
“Fairfax Oaks Marriott”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel close to mall so you can take bus to Metro. (There is a great site for Bus & Metro called Metro opens doors which very helpful for routing to DC.) We had tv trouble but they moved us to a bigger room plus breakfast. Hotel is updating and going to be wonderful when done. I'd stay again construction & all. Construction ends at 6:00pm. Service was excellent both front desk & room service.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Kelly K, Manager at Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Colleen-
Thank you for your response, and the tip about the website. The Metro Trip Planner website, http://www.wmata.com/rider_tools/tripplanner/tripplanner_form_solo.cfm, is also very helpful in planning your trip in and around the DC area. I will pass your feedback along to our front desk and In-Room Dining team about your experience.
See you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Excellent property; a one night stay, will definitely stay at this location in the future.

The front desk staff professional and made my wife and I feel welcome from the moment we entered the lobby.

Everything from the lobby to our room very well maintained.

Wonderful, we just loved it and look forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: A one night stay, I don't feel qualified to comment on this. Our room was on front side and it...
Green Features: The coffee and cookies in the lobby is a nice touch. We had an early checkout and this provided a great getting started that morning.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Ronnie-
Thank you for the 5 star review! Although your trip was short, I am glad you enjoyed your time with us. We thought our guests would enjoy the breakfast pastries and coffee in the morning and cookies and coffee at night. Perfect end to a long day.
Come back and see us soon!
Ithaca, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

I was a bit leery of staying here because of the recent negative reviews about ongoing construction. However a week before I arrived, the hotel sent an email notifying me about ongoing construction work and what would be done to make my visit as comfortable as possible. This included limiting noise to the least disruptive times of the day and for platinum members, the option of selecting points or breakfast vouchers was provided to compensate for the closed concierge lounge. And actually, I noticed during my stay that breakfast pastries and coffee were available at no charge to all guests in the lobby.

I checked in and Ajay at the front desk gave superlative service and was very helpful in finding me a room with minimal noise on one of the new floors. I was also fortunate to be out and about when work was been done after 9 am and completed by 5 pm. All in all, I had a fairly pleasant visit despite the inconveniences associated with construction and customer service was as great as usual.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the great feedback! We are working hard to make sure we communicate to our guests as to the work that is being done at our hotel, and in lieu of our concierge lounge (as this will be reopening in October in a brand new space), we are giving our Elite members options of breakfast or bonus points in the morning.
We have communicated your feedback to Ajay and I am so happy he was able to take care of you and make sure we honored your preferences. We look forward to your return visit!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

If you have a car, then I would recommend this hotel if you're looking for one in the Fair Oaks area right next to the mall. However, there are plenty of better hotels in Fairfax. I paid $100 per night at this hotel in August and was given a spacious room. There is construction going on at the hotel, so the restaurant was closed. I also didn't really see anyone staying there, it seemed rather vacant.

Didn't have any issues with the room except that we couldn't stream movies on our laptops even though we paid for streaming. We were compelled to pay the $20 for a crappy movie.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for the review. Our rooms are extremely spacious, and are looking much more modern and very bright with the renovation. We currently have two whole floors back into circulation, and have been receiving great feedback. We do have the option for a higher speed internet for those that would like to stream movies. You can choose this option upon logging in to your browser.
While not walking distance to a Metro, we are within walking distance to a bus stop that will transport guests to the Vienna Metro, which is about 6 minutes away by car. We also have cab and sedan services that will allow our guests easy access.
We do hope you join us again soon!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I'll be brief as the other reviewers have already outlined the issues surrounding the construction. Bottom line is that no guest should check in and have to find out they are staying at a construction site. This isn't a minor project but rather a full blown construction site. To not advertise this on their website with the hopes that you are just stuck when you check in is a short term way to ensure continuing revenue and a long term way to damage the trust in the Marriott name. For management to say they are excited about the finished product provides little consolation to those duped into stay here during that process.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Myrtle Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Came home for some much needed time off of work to celebrate my good buddy from childhood's birthday. I am originally from Fairfax, Va. I decided to stay at the Marriott because of its location in correspondence to Fairfax Corner. I've drove past this hotel for 20 years and now got a chance to experience what it had to offer.

At first everything seemed normal. Walked into a nice lobby and immediately felt like I had made the right choice. Being from Northern Virginia, I can certainly appreciate the finer things in life. The man at the front desk was very nice and accommodating. He was able to meet all of my booking requirements, including early check in and placed us in one of the top floor's newly renovated rooms. At this point he was obligated to tell us that the hotel was under construction and being renovated and that if anything bothers us, we can certainly let him know.

The room was very nice, had a huge comfortable bed, modern in appearance and had a nice view of 66 and Penderbrook.

Now, after driving 8 hours, all I wanted to do was take a shower. So I went into the newly renovated bathrooms with a glass sliding shower door and turned on the shower... Nothing came out. I called the front desk and a lady had answered, informing me that the water had been turned off in the entire hotel so they could find a leak. The showers weren't scheduled to be on for another 2 hours. Running water is one of those basic human rights that no one should go without. I was not pleased. When the water finally did come out, it came out brown and greyish looking. Fortunately, they were able to give me the first night out of my two night stay for free. A very unexpected, but appreciated accommodation.

We had no other issues with the rooms. The only other thing that bothered me was 8:00am hammering and drilling. Also, contractors opening my room door to do construction, not knowing the room was occupied.

The hotel is beautiful and I'm sure will be fabulous when renovations are done. I would definitely come try it again when they are. It's location is great. Right off of 50 and 66. Across the street from Fair Oaks Mall. 2 minute drive from Fairfax Corner. Can't beat it. I'll be able to follow up this review with a great one I'm sure, after I try it again in December.

Stayed August 2014
Kelly K, Manager at Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Mr. Weitz,
Thank you for your candid feedback. I am glad you had a great arrival experience and enjoyed the new room. I apologize that we had to do a water shutdown upon your arrival to the hotel. We chose the week you were here in order to install showers to the rooms on the fifth floor that we were working on, and tried to schedule at a time that most of our guests would be out of the hotel for the day. We have limited our noisy construction to between the hours of 9am and 6pm, and are monitoring to make sure work does not start early. We have worked to address the one-off times quickly and immediately when we hear it start early, and always appreciate our guests letting us know so we can remedy. I am very excited for you to come back and check us out in December. Our new restaurant will be open, as well as a new lobby. Please send me an email in December to let me know you are coming and i will be happy to give you a tour of the new space!
Kelly Klocke
Director of Operations
Kelly.klocke@whitelodging.com
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I have been to this hotel a number of times in the past few years

I love the marriott burger here and also the happy hours for beer... additionally it is like any other marriott however the gym is pretty small but rooms are good as always and location is great as it is next to the mall for shopping.

Service is good.. Vainessa has always been very helpful

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Guatam,
Thank you for your review. I am glad you loved the Marriott burger, and we are looking forward to a rejuvenated Social Hour when our new restaurant opens this fall. We have added a new treadmill and elliptical to our fitness center, which has expanded the amount of options we have to offer.

Been to Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks? Share your experiences!