“Very nice hotel, loved my room, good location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Columbia, Maryland
“Very nice hotel, loved my room, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

My boss chose this hotel for a half day training. He booked our rooms. My room was very spacious and clean. My bed was very comfy. I had no problems. We ate breakfast in the hotel and the food was really good. Our training was in the hotel and the conference room was comfortable. We ordered lunch at the hotel to be delivered to our conference room. The crab cake sandwich on the pretzel roll was amazing. The hotel is under renovation and we never even noticed anything. I would stay here again if I were back in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Kelly K, Manager at Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Lori,
Thank you for your response! I am glad you enjoyed breakfast and lunch. Chef Dave's crab cakes are excellent, lots of pure crab! We are working hard to minimize impact during our renovation, and ensuring we anticipate guest needs during this time especially. We would love to see you back next time you are in the Fairfax area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Richlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

I always look for a Marriott when I'm traveling. Was coming to DC and stayed here and was totally let down. We checked in at 1:30 am. The room was just an average room but was 250 a night. At 9 am I had housekeeping knocking on my door asking when I was leaving. I understand they want to clean rooms, but I didn't like feeling rushed after spending 250 dollar on an average hotel for 8 and a half hours. The glass cups in the room were disgusting and the bathroom had black hair on the floor. I love Marriotts but I won't be staying at this one ever again!

• Stayed June 2014
Kelly K, Manager at Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Ms. Houtz,
Thank you for your response. All feedback is productive, including negative (as disappointing as this is). Your response has sparked a conversation with our team about how we track the guests that arrive later in the night (and earlier in the morning) and ensure we communicate this with our housekeeping team to allow you to sleep in undisturbed. If you have further feedback, I would love to speak with you, my direct line is 703-667-4200.
Thank you again and I do hope we can build your confidence level with us to allow you to return.
Kelly Klocke
Director of Operations
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Close to I-66 and across the parking lot from Fair Oaks Mall, this hotel is central to most major shopping and easy access to the Interstates. The staff is top notch, very friendly and very willing to help. I had a large display and several boxes and bags to unload and they were eager to help. They were also helpful with directions and even an umbrella. The rooms are large and very comfortable. There is a Starbucks and a Market Store available. I didn't use the gym or the pool but they looked adequate and busy. The hotel is getting ready for a major upgrade so it will be even better by year-end.

Room Tip: Get on the concierge floor (6).
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Kelly K, Manager at Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Don-
Thanks for the review! I am glad you had a great experience. Our team is always ready to help out, especially when your hands are full! Our gym is very busy, and we are about to add another treadmill to the variety of equipment we already have. You are correct, we are beginning our renovation soon and are excited for the upgrade! Come back and see us again soon.
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

My wife and I stayed here towards the end of May for the crossfit regional's.The room was average with a few quirks, but still nice. Hotel staff was very friendly and willing to help you. The price of our stay was very reasonable for the area, which was why we stayed there.The only complaint I had was that the breakfast was not included in your stay, it was something that you had to pay for extra each day. I find this odd because most hotels like these include breakfast. Also I liked their shampoo they had in the room . It isn't to often that a hotel has good shampoo.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms that look into the courtyard of the property not the ones facing the highway. They...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for joining us during the Crossfit MidAtlantic Regional Event. It was inspiring to see so many people in the hotel focused on their health and fitness! Due to being a full service hotel, we do not include breakfast in our rate. We do have grab and go options such as bagels, fruit parfaits and yogurts that are quick and convenient. There is also a "Stay For Breakfast" rate option that will include breakfast in your rate for a bit of an upcharge.
Marriott has recently upgraded our bathroom amenity collections, and our shampoo, lotion and soap options are brand new. I am glad you liked them!
Thank you for staying and we look forward to hosting your family again in the future!
Owings Mills, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I stayed at this property for one night. The particular night I stayed, I had a late check in probably about 10pm, after working a 14 hour shift at a local event. I was exhausted, so I was definitely hoping for some peace and quiet! There was a prom going on in their ballroom, however the front desk agent booked me a room that was on the 5th floor, facing the park lot, so that I wouldn't be disturbed. Everything was excellent, from the speedy check in, the location being right off the highway, the room, and my peaceful's night sleep. I would definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the parking lot are a great choice, if available! I stayed in room 533 and loved it. My...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Kelly K, Manager at Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Ms. Gambrill,
Thanks for the great review! Sounds like you had a very long day, I am glad we were able to allow for some R&R. I have noted your preference in our system so that the next time you stay with us we will automatically know to assign you to an outside facing parking lot view. Think of us again to be your home away from home!
Prospect CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

If you are looking for a clean well kept hotel, with restaurant / bar / starbucks / gym / room service for under $200 this is your place. The staff is very friendly and aims to please. If Marriotts other hotels (which are very good) were as good a value as this hotel I wouldn't stay any were else.

I ordered in room service for breakfast and it was excellent which is unusal for most hotels. The hotel is in a nice, safe and convenient area, there is also a nice mall in walking distance in case you need or forgot something from home. If you are reading this review and are on the fence, get off the fence and book your room here you won't be dissappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Kelly K, Manager at Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Scott,
Thank you for your response! I am so glad we were able to provide you with a great stay. I know when I travel, great room service is so important, and I know our guests value this experience. I will be sharing your feedback with our chef and also the associate that delivered your order that day. The mall is a great asset to this area, and it is expanding over the summer as well, with even more options.
Thank you again, and we look forward to your return!
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and highly recommend it. It's convenient to get to, the bed was extremely comfortable, and the staff was friendly. We didn't eat there, but utilized the refrigerator in our room and the microwave in the lobby. I utilized the hotel gym during my stay. There are 2 treadmills, 2 ellipticals and a recumbent bike. Towels are provided as is filtered water. There is a full set of dumbbells, a weight bench and a (very thin) yoga mat. There isn't a lot of extra space in the gym and it has a low ceiling, so I was able to do a Crossfit workout in there, but it was tight (and I couldn't jump rope due to the ceiling).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kelly K, Manager at Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Thank you for your review! We enjoyed hosting the Crossfit Mid Atlantic Regionals last weekend. So motivating to see people so passionate about fitness! That being said, we do have a plan to expand our fitness center in the next few years and increase the amount of space and equipment. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks? Share your experiences!