“Average Hotel but great staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Charleston, West Virginia
“Average Hotel but great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

My wife and I stayed here towards the end of May for the crossfit regional's.The room was average with a few quirks, but still nice. Hotel staff was very friendly and willing to help you. The price of our stay was very reasonable for the area, which was why we stayed there.The only complaint I had was that the breakfast was not included in your stay, it was something that you had to pay for extra each day. I find this odd because most hotels like these include breakfast. Also I liked their shampoo they had in the room . It isn't to often that a hotel has good shampoo.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms that look into the courtyard of the property not the ones facing the highway. They...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Kelly K, Manager at Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for joining us during the Crossfit MidAtlantic Regional Event. It was inspiring to see so many people in the hotel focused on their health and fitness! Due to being a full service hotel, we do not include breakfast in our rate. We do have grab and go options such as bagels, fruit parfaits and yogurts that are quick and convenient. There is also a "Stay For Breakfast" rate option that will include breakfast in your rate for a bit of an upcharge.
Marriott has recently upgraded our bathroom amenity collections, and our shampoo, lotion and soap options are brand new. I am glad you liked them!
Thank you for staying and we look forward to hosting your family again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Owings Mills, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I stayed at this property for one night. The particular night I stayed, I had a late check in probably about 10pm, after working a 14 hour shift at a local event. I was exhausted, so I was definitely hoping for some peace and quiet! There was a prom going on in their ballroom, however the front desk agent booked me a room that was on the 5th floor, facing the park lot, so that I wouldn't be disturbed. Everything was excellent, from the speedy check in, the location being right off the highway, the room, and my peaceful's night sleep. I would definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the parking lot are a great choice, if available! I stayed in room 533 and loved it. My...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Kelly K, Manager at Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Ms. Gambrill,
Thanks for the great review! Sounds like you had a very long day, I am glad we were able to allow for some R&R. I have noted your preference in our system so that the next time you stay with us we will automatically know to assign you to an outside facing parking lot view. Think of us again to be your home away from home!
Prospect CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

If you are looking for a clean well kept hotel, with restaurant / bar / starbucks / gym / room service for under $200 this is your place. The staff is very friendly and aims to please. If Marriotts other hotels (which are very good) were as good a value as this hotel I wouldn't stay any were else.

I ordered in room service for breakfast and it was excellent which is unusal for most hotels. The hotel is in a nice, safe and convenient area, there is also a nice mall in walking distance in case you need or forgot something from home. If you are reading this review and are on the fence, get off the fence and book your room here you won't be dissappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Kelly K, Manager at Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Scott,
Thank you for your response! I am so glad we were able to provide you with a great stay. I know when I travel, great room service is so important, and I know our guests value this experience. I will be sharing your feedback with our chef and also the associate that delivered your order that day. The mall is a great asset to this area, and it is expanding over the summer as well, with even more options.
Thank you again, and we look forward to your return!
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and highly recommend it. It's convenient to get to, the bed was extremely comfortable, and the staff was friendly. We didn't eat there, but utilized the refrigerator in our room and the microwave in the lobby. I utilized the hotel gym during my stay. There are 2 treadmills, 2 ellipticals and a recumbent bike. Towels are provided as is filtered water. There is a full set of dumbbells, a weight bench and a (very thin) yoga mat. There isn't a lot of extra space in the gym and it has a low ceiling, so I was able to do a Crossfit workout in there, but it was tight (and I couldn't jump rope due to the ceiling).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kelly K, Manager at Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Thank you for your review! We enjoyed hosting the Crossfit Mid Atlantic Regionals last weekend. So motivating to see people so passionate about fitness! That being said, we do have a plan to expand our fitness center in the next few years and increase the amount of space and equipment. We hope to see you again soon!
Pinehurst, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We were in town for a friend's wedding and for Rolling Thunder. We got a discounted price for the wedding. I have stayed in several nice hotels in the DC area and this is one of the best. We had The room was all you would expect from a high-end hotel, but the price is much lower than any of the other ones. We had made reservations at a different hotel far in advance but changed them when our friends wedding was planned. This hotel was definitely comparable to the other hotel but less than half the price.

We had contact with a large number of the hotel staff during our stay and for the wedding events throughout our stay. I cannot remember seeing any of the staff that did not have a smile on their face and most asked how our stay was. It seemed like each one of them was truly interested in making sure we were satisfied with our stay. Any questions we had, or any problems that appeared were quickly, efficiently and graciously taken care of. I never felt I was bothering them and they went way beyond my expectations in every case presented.

The only drawback in my mind was that it was a little farther from downtown DC than most of the other places I had stayed and they do not have a shuttle to an airport or the Metro.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review. Memorial Day weekend was so fun for us due to the many different events people were in town for. We enjoyed being able to host all the Rolling Thunder crowd and were glad to accommodate. We are a quick cab ride to the Metro and will be happy to set this up for you next time you are in town. I will pass along your feedback about our service levels to the team. They genuinely care about our guests and creating a great experience!
Hope to see you again soon.
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Very large Marriott. Nicely decorated Lobby, bar area. Small gym but workable. Concierge Lounge is very nice. The evening concierge was especially friendly and nice to speak with. My room was normal for a Marriott.

Nice experience, great rates for the DC area. I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for the note! We have really worked on expanding our dining options in the concierge lounge, particularly in the evening. I will pass along your feedback to Laila, our evening concierge. She will be happy to hear it! Come back and join us again soon.
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was less expensive than the local holiday inn and boy was it a change of scenery! The lobby is gorgeous. The front desk staff were phenomenal and speedy. I got a room on the concierge level which serves finger foods, drinks and desserts. What an experience! The attendant in the concierge was passionate about the experience each and every guest has while she's on duty. You can tell when someone loves their job and enjoys making people happy. I will be here on my regular stays from here on out.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the note! Having people on our team that truly enjoy what they do really makes our guest experience better, and I am so glad to hear such great feedback about our evening concierge. While she is relatively new, she really does have a passion for taking care of our guests. Come stay with us again soon!

Been to Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks? Share your experiences!