“Great hotel at a great price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Great hotel at a great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and highly recommend it. It's convenient to get to, the bed was extremely comfortable, and the staff was friendly. We didn't eat there, but utilized the refrigerator in our room and the microwave in the lobby. I utilized the hotel gym during my stay. There are 2 treadmills, 2 ellipticals and a recumbent bike. Towels are provided as is filtered water. There is a full set of dumbbells, a weight bench and a (very thin) yoga mat. There isn't a lot of extra space in the gym and it has a low ceiling, so I was able to do a Crossfit workout in there, but it was tight (and I couldn't jump rope due to the ceiling).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kelly K, Manager at Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Thank you for your review! We enjoyed hosting the Crossfit Mid Atlantic Regionals last weekend. So motivating to see people so passionate about fitness! That being said, we do have a plan to expand our fitness center in the next few years and increase the amount of space and equipment. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Pinehurst, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We were in town for a friend's wedding and for Rolling Thunder. We got a discounted price for the wedding. I have stayed in several nice hotels in the DC area and this is one of the best. We had The room was all you would expect from a high-end hotel, but the price is much lower than any of the other ones. We had made reservations at a different hotel far in advance but changed them when our friends wedding was planned. This hotel was definitely comparable to the other hotel but less than half the price.

We had contact with a large number of the hotel staff during our stay and for the wedding events throughout our stay. I cannot remember seeing any of the staff that did not have a smile on their face and most asked how our stay was. It seemed like each one of them was truly interested in making sure we were satisfied with our stay. Any questions we had, or any problems that appeared were quickly, efficiently and graciously taken care of. I never felt I was bothering them and they went way beyond my expectations in every case presented.

The only drawback in my mind was that it was a little farther from downtown DC than most of the other places I had stayed and they do not have a shuttle to an airport or the Metro.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review. Memorial Day weekend was so fun for us due to the many different events people were in town for. We enjoyed being able to host all the Rolling Thunder crowd and were glad to accommodate. We are a quick cab ride to the Metro and will be happy to set this up for you next time you are in town. I will pass along your feedback about our service levels to the team. They genuinely care about our guests and creating a great experience!
Hope to see you again soon.
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Very large Marriott. Nicely decorated Lobby, bar area. Small gym but workable. Concierge Lounge is very nice. The evening concierge was especially friendly and nice to speak with. My room was normal for a Marriott.

Nice experience, great rates for the DC area. I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for the note! We have really worked on expanding our dining options in the concierge lounge, particularly in the evening. I will pass along your feedback to Laila, our evening concierge. She will be happy to hear it! Come back and join us again soon.
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was less expensive than the local holiday inn and boy was it a change of scenery! The lobby is gorgeous. The front desk staff were phenomenal and speedy. I got a room on the concierge level which serves finger foods, drinks and desserts. What an experience! The attendant in the concierge was passionate about the experience each and every guest has while she's on duty. You can tell when someone loves their job and enjoys making people happy. I will be here on my regular stays from here on out.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the note! Having people on our team that truly enjoy what they do really makes our guest experience better, and I am so glad to hear such great feedback about our evening concierge. While she is relatively new, she really does have a passion for taking care of our guests. Come stay with us again soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

This is a one of the older, standard Marriott properties. Updated completely but rooms are still a bit small. In any event, it is very comfortable to stay there, bed, bedding and furnishings were well appointed in Marriott style. Rate on weekend was sub $90 ( as low as any of the lesser properties) - they honor full breakfast comp on weekend if Lounge is closed (Gold. Tier required). Staff was nice and prompt about every request. Huge Fair Oaks mall is just a short walk across parking lot. Whatever staff suggests, take the higher speed internet - the low speed was a crawl.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for your response. Our hotel is a bit older, but we are looking forward to a full renovation this summer that will showcase our hotel! I will take a look at our internet connection, as we have recently increased our bandwidth and it should be faster. If this happens again, please let us know and we can take a look at your access point to see if it needs adjusting.
Hope to see you again soon!
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I was completely satisfied with my stay. I was a little worried about getting stuck in the worst room in the house on a really busy night with my late flight. My room requests were honored even with my midnight arrival; indeed, I got an upgrade. I spoke to a few different people at the front desk, and they were all very friendly, proactive, and helpful. One of the "at your service" folks was great with local area advice.

The lobby has been nicely remodeled. My one quibble: the guest room was a little dated around the edges (I'm thinking sofa and carpet should be the first things to change), but that was no surprise given the pics you can see. There are always tradeoffs. This hotel was a much better value than comparable options, and the staff definitely exceeded my expectations.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your note! I am glad our team was able to accommodate your requests. We have a tight process in place that allows us to track frequent guest requests in our system and ensure your needs are met (even if you check in late!). You are completely right about the guest room needing updating. The good news is that our ownership agrees and we will be doing exactly as you suggest regarding areas such as the sofas and carpet. Renovation will start this summer and cover all the areas of the hotel needing updating. I am very excited for the beautiful product!
Hope to see you again soon!
Holt, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

This hotel was very nice and the staff were amazingly friendly and accommodating. We stayed at this hotel the last night of our stay so we could easily return our car rental the night before departure and get a ride back to the hotel by the hotel shuttle. Then we got another free ride back to the airport in the morning. We didn't get a chance to try any of the food, but the rooms were nice, the bed was comfortable and everything was very clean.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks? Share your experiences!