I have booked rooms and junior suites at this hotel for over a year, totaling over 25 nights. The direct booking is required to reserve a suite at this hotel. I've had no problems with the reservations. The hotel in general is nice.
I have had frequent and recurring problems with the overall management of this hotel, including checking in and checking out. Due to the unusual hours that the room was needed, I have returned in the morning more than once to find my room re-rented. On another occasion, they had no room available at 8 AM when I called the night before to advise them that I would arrive in the morning - please hold the room. When I have requested things like an extra chair for the room, it has never taken less than 30 minutes and two phone calls - sometimes a walk to the desk.
More than half of the time, the turndown service has not been done.
The couch and chairs in the junior suite are very old and outdated. As another reviewer stated, the "At your service" button on many phones does not work. (Does not appear to matter if it did work).
Finally, during my recent stay, things became so disorganized, that I contacted the hotel's general manager. I respectfully pointed out the laundry list of things that have gone wrong during the past year. I offered to her that her hotel was convenient for me, but that I would change Marriott's if I needed to. Her response was to address one item (in a non-satisfactory manner), and totally ignore the rest of them. When I then sent a response to her stating that she had only addressed one issue, and that I would probably move to a different Marriott, she never responded.
I am a Platinum Elite Marriott card holder and I am gone from the Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks!
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Fairfax Fair Oaks Mall Hotel
- Marriott Fairfax Fair Oaks Mall Hotel Fairfax
- Marriott Fairfax
- Fairfax Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks is in an ideal Northern Virginia location, just 20 minutes from Dulles International Airport, and is perfect for business trips, group meetings, wedding receptions, and weekend getaways to Washington DC. Guests love being adjacent to the Fair Oaks Mall, where there are over 190 specialty store and restaurants within walking distance, and also the close proximity to Government offices, business parks, GMU, and the Udvar-Hazy center. This luxurious hotel features 11 meeting rooms with almost 9,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, a full-service business center, an indoor pool, fitness center, as well as an onsite restaurant and bar serving a delicious American menu with a variety of signature cocktails. Guest Rooms feature chic décor with modern amenities including free WiFi access and a 32” LCD HDTVs with premium cable. Meanwhile the Marriott Luxury Bedding featuring offering plush mattresses, crisp linens, and fluffy pillows is sure to give guest the perfect night’s sleep in this Fairfax, VA hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.