“Good Place - surprising little place” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #10 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
NDHYD
“Good Place - surprising little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stayed here last week for 2 nights. I don't know the class of this hotel, but the price was very reasonable. Rooms are older, but everything has been very well maintained. Only thing we noticed that was bad was the loud noise from the upstairs bathroom, when someone was taking a shower. Beds were comfortable - nothing great but good enough. Hotel was quiet - probably not fully occupied based on the price. There is a nice little Starbucks in the lobby. The atrium after the lobby is beautiful. Because of the high ceiling of the atrium in the middle, if your room is around the corner, you could be walking a bit to get to your room. Did not get to enjoy the 14.99 buffet breakfast, so no comments on that. Did not use the bar or restaurant on premises either. The location is really nice - right off of Route 50 and right in the Fair Oaks mall. We were 2 minutes from Macys, Lord and Taylor and Cheesecake factory and several other restaurants and shopping places. Service was good. Check-in was easy and quick. The ladies at the reception were very nice. Overall it was a good experience. 4 stars because of the sound from the bathroom upstairs and the walk around to find our room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is closer to elevators. You may end up walking too far to find your room.
Green Features: Towels were supposed to be dropped if we needed them replaced. Same with sheets.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Kelly K, Manager at Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for the review on your stay! I am glad that the location was convenient for your needs and that our team treated you well. Looking forward to your return!

249 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Philly
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

This is a very basic Marriott; perhaps one that is in need of refurbishment. Your satisfaction will depend upon the rate you obtain. At $59 for a weekend room, I had nothing to complain about. If you get a great rate like that and then expect a high-end Marriott, you will be disappointed. The hotel is just OK, but given the rate, it exceeded OK. If money is not an issue, there are nicer Marriotts in the area.

A great deal of road noise because of the drafty windows. When we first walked in the room we thought someone had left the window open given the noise coming from the highway; turns out the window was closed but poorly fitted due to settlement and passage of time.

Room Tip: A lot of road noise from the highway.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Kelly K, Manager at Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for your response. While I agree that your rate was great, we should be giving the best service possible, not just $59 service. I would love to speak to you further regarding any specifics we could have done better. I can also put in your guest profile to make sure you receive a room away from the highway next time you are here. If you would like to contact me, my email is kelly.klocke@whitelodging.com and my direct line is 703-667-4200.
Thank you again for your candor and I do look forward to hosting you again at our hotel, hopefully with a much better experience.
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

If you are looking for top shelf service look no more, this is the place to stay. Ajay has total command of the front desk and is 2nd to no one. The rest of the front desk staff is focused on service first. Restaurant is understaffed and slow but the food is excellent. Property is very well maintained. Only place I will stay when in the Fairfax area. Great value!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Kelly K, Manager at Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Great comment on Ajay! I will be sharing this with him and the team. He is certainly a great asset to the hotel! Service first is definitely our mantra. I do apologize about the restaurant being understaffed. I would love to know the dates of your stay so I can look into this further. My direct line is 703-667-4200 if you have any additional feedback to share regarding this experience. I will also be sharing your feedback regarding the food with our chef. He prides himself on our Chesapeake-influenced menu so he will enjoy your comments.
Glad to know this is your home away from home and look forward to your return!
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

This is a very standard Marriott, which I mean as a complement. Great beds. Very good service and they have a great weekend rate. I have stayed here several times before. Every time it has been great. Since it was on a weekend the lounge was closed so I had the buffet breakfast in the morning. The hostess was there to great me as I came off the elevator and escorted me to a table. The food was very good and the omelet chef made a perfect omelet. The only complaint that I have is that the elevator is PAINFULLY slow, which leads to long waits to get an elevator when they are busy. When I showed up on Saturday there was a convention so I had to wait for the elevator several times.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments on the rooms and service levels. Glad to see that you have become one of our regulars! We do have a second set of elevators in the back of the hotel just in case the lobby elevators get busy with a lot of guests, but I can understand how on a weekend with lots of people trying to move about the hotel it would be frustrating having to wait on the elevator.
We look forward to your return!
Kingwood, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

My husband and I stayed overnight while in Fairfax for a Lady A concert. The hotel is conveniently located off of the interstate. A major plus was there is a mall right across the parking lot. The staff was very friendly. The room was very clean. The bed was extremely comfortable. I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud. The view from our room was unique. We could walk onto our "balcony" and overlook the inside of the hotel. It was very nice. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kelly K, Manager at Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Lauren,
Thank you so much for your great review! It is nice to be able to have a night out, and I appreciate you choosing our hotel in which to enjoy your weekend. We look forward to hosting you again soon!
Middle River, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights as a quick getaway to celebrate our anniversary, February 8, 2014. The moment we entered the doors, we knew we were in for a pleasant experience. The greeter, I wish I could remember his name, offered us hot cider, which by the way was delicious. When we reached the counter, Sonja checked us in. Once we gave our name, she immediately said Happy Anniversary and offered us a complimentary bottle of wine to help us celebrate. Our room over looked the Atrium. The room was pristine clean and the view was amazing. The bedding is why the Marriott is always our 1st choice. Breakfast was delicious. You can walk to the Fair Oaks Mall, which has all the stores. The price was right and most importantly the STAFF are superb! A++ Customer Service. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for the room that over looks the Atrium.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Gwen,
Thank you for your feedback about Sonja at the front desk! She is an intern with us and has done a great job taking care of our guests. I have circulated your review throughout the team and have made sure we recognized Sonja for your comment. It is an honor that you chose our hotel to celebrate your anniversary, as I know you have many options in the area. Thank you for being a guest with us and I look forward to seeing you again soon!
Crozet, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel in a convenient location off I-66 and Route 50. The staff exceeded expectations in the warm and friendly department and having a large mall across the parking lot offers a nice diversion for business travelers. I stayed one night while visiting my children at GMU and will stay there again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Been to Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks? Share your experiences!