“Friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Virginia
“Friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here over a weekend for business nearby and found the front desk and resaurant wait staff particularly friendly and attentive. The halls were quiet and well lit. Buffet breakfast with omelette stand was good. Enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Salem, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We have stayed at the Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks several times. Each has been a really nice experience...the rooms are immaculate and comfortable. The staff is always friendly and helpful, the housekeeping is above expectations.

Room Tip: Although it was fine, I would not recommend a room overlooking the inside courtyard....I like to loo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Great staff, very friendly. This is my favorite place to stay when I'm in down for work. The concierge lounge staff is wonderful and remembers my name. Great resaurants nearby. Rooms are comfortable and quiet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Thank you so much for everything! Our guests who where here for my daughters wedding received the upmost customer service and attention. Rooms are updated and comfortable. All of the staff from the front desk to the restaurant are friendly, warm and eager to assist in making your stay as nice as possible. We will definately book rooms again at the Fair Oaks Marriott. Thank you also to Mary Billone in reservations for assuring everything was in order for our guests when they arrived. The best value in hotels in the area for sure!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Northeast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is the third time I have stayed here in the last 3 mos. and service was consistently great each time. Front desk was welcoming and efficient and went out of their way to make me feel welcome. While the hallways and carpeting feel a little worn, the beds are very comfortable and linens are nice. Easy walk over to the mall but I had such a great meal in the restaurant the first time, that I've gone back to the hotel restaurant for dinner each time since. Despite the fact that they have only seen me 2-3 times in the last 90 days, both Sergei and Olga recognized me and greeted me warmly. The restaurant service was as good as the front desk staff and the meal was one of the better ones I've had in this area. For the record, my picks tend to the rockfish and the crab cake. Breakfast in the morning was good as well. Weekend rates at this place are sinfully low so it makes it an incredible bargain for a Fri/Sat. It's always too empty which is too bad for the hotel but makes it quiet for those of us who like it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CATHEDRAL CITY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The staff at the front desk is friendly and efficient. The restaurant bar has good food at a reasonable price and friendly staff serving the patrons. The Jacuzzi was recently removed from the property which is a bummer for weary travelers like my wife and me. The upside the beds are very comfortable. One hotel employee at the front desk, Tatjana went above and beyond to get our pullout couch linen for our adult daughter to sleep on making the delivery herself to our room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kelly K, Manager at Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you for the great notes on your stay! Tatjana is an excellent associate and we made a big deal to the team about your feedback. I am so happy she made such a great impression! I understand your frustration with the lack of Jacuzzi-We will be renovating and expanding the fitness center, and this is the space that we will be using as part of the expansion. Thank you again for the feedback and I hope to see you and your family again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is my second time reviewing this hotel and not much has changed. The staff is excellent and should be commended by Marriott for their service. When I arrived, I asked for a microwave and fridge to be delivered to my room and it was there within 15 minutes. When you book your room, ask for room that faces the outside of the hotel. Rooms that face the atrium do pick up noise, especially if there is an event taking place. The internet was faster than I had remembered, which was a real plus. The air conditioning and air circulation was also much better than I had remembered. The hotel still needs some updating as much of the decor seems worn and tired. To quote my last review, " I believe if the hotel were remodeled and brought up-to-date, it would be among the best in the area." I would like to change that to say that if the hotel were remodeled and brought up-to-date, it WOULD BE THE BEST in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for room that faces the outside of the hotel. Rooms that face the atrium do pick up noise, espec...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kelly K, Manager at Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback! I am happy you noticed the faster internet. We actually just upgraded our internet service this month to more than double what it was previously. Our guests should see much faster internet moving forward. You are also absolutely right on the renovation. Our hotel is actually scheduled for a renovation beginning in June of next year. We are excited about this because it will involve the total property, from the restaurant to meeting space to lobby area and atrium to guest rooms. Carpet, furniture, fitness center, etc. It will give us the opportunity to allow our physical property to match the service levels we are known for.
Thank you for returning to our property and I look forward to having you back again in the future!

Been to Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks? Share your experiences!