“Great Staff - Good Value and Location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Northeast
“Great Staff - Good Value and Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is the third time I have stayed here in the last 3 mos. and service was consistently great each time. Front desk was welcoming and efficient and went out of their way to make me feel welcome. While the hallways and carpeting feel a little worn, the beds are very comfortable and linens are nice. Easy walk over to the mall but I had such a great meal in the restaurant the first time, that I've gone back to the hotel restaurant for dinner each time since. Despite the fact that they have only seen me 2-3 times in the last 90 days, both Sergei and Olga recognized me and greeted me warmly. The restaurant service was as good as the front desk staff and the meal was one of the better ones I've had in this area. For the record, my picks tend to the rockfish and the crab cake. Breakfast in the morning was good as well. Weekend rates at this place are sinfully low so it makes it an incredible bargain for a Fri/Sat. It's always too empty which is too bad for the hotel but makes it quiet for those of us who like it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
CATHEDRAL CITY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The staff at the front desk is friendly and efficient. The restaurant bar has good food at a reasonable price and friendly staff serving the patrons. The Jacuzzi was recently removed from the property which is a bummer for weary travelers like my wife and me. The upside the beds are very comfortable. One hotel employee at the front desk, Tatjana went above and beyond to get our pullout couch linen for our adult daughter to sleep on making the delivery herself to our room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kelly K, Manager at Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you for the great notes on your stay! Tatjana is an excellent associate and we made a big deal to the team about your feedback. I am so happy she made such a great impression! I understand your frustration with the lack of Jacuzzi-We will be renovating and expanding the fitness center, and this is the space that we will be using as part of the expansion. Thank you again for the feedback and I hope to see you and your family again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is my second time reviewing this hotel and not much has changed. The staff is excellent and should be commended by Marriott for their service. When I arrived, I asked for a microwave and fridge to be delivered to my room and it was there within 15 minutes. When you book your room, ask for room that faces the outside of the hotel. Rooms that face the atrium do pick up noise, especially if there is an event taking place. The internet was faster than I had remembered, which was a real plus. The air conditioning and air circulation was also much better than I had remembered. The hotel still needs some updating as much of the decor seems worn and tired. To quote my last review, " I believe if the hotel were remodeled and brought up-to-date, it would be among the best in the area." I would like to change that to say that if the hotel were remodeled and brought up-to-date, it WOULD BE THE BEST in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for room that faces the outside of the hotel. Rooms that face the atrium do pick up noise, espec...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kelly K, Manager at Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback! I am happy you noticed the faster internet. We actually just upgraded our internet service this month to more than double what it was previously. Our guests should see much faster internet moving forward. You are also absolutely right on the renovation. Our hotel is actually scheduled for a renovation beginning in June of next year. We are excited about this because it will involve the total property, from the restaurant to meeting space to lobby area and atrium to guest rooms. Carpet, furniture, fitness center, etc. It will give us the opportunity to allow our physical property to match the service levels we are known for.
Thank you for returning to our property and I look forward to having you back again in the future!
Providence
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I've stayed here numerous times. Excellent customer service, Starbucks in the lobby, clean, modern rooms and easy access to the Fair Oaks mall (walk across the street) and to the highway. Truly excellent staff. Never disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Berryville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We spent one night at the hotel. Every interaction we had with staff from check in to concierge to room attendants was a delight. Management had done a great job improving the experience at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Kelly K, Manager at Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thanks for the great comments! We have a great team and I am so glad that this showed in your interactions with them. Thanks for staying with us, and I hope that we are able to continue to exceed your expectations next time you are in town!
Collingswood, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My partner and I stopped at the Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks mid-way on our road-trip to Gatlinburg, TN. We booked the room online a few days prior and found the hotel page very easy to navigate and full of useful information about the Marriott. When we arrived, we were greeted and made to feel extremely welcome. All the staff me met were genuinely appreciative of our business. The room was spotless, the atrium was unbelievably beautiful, the service impeccable. What more would you need. Very happy to have made the decision to stay overnight at this Marriott. I highly recommend the facility.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Attended a family reunion and had a great time here. Very clean hotel and the staff professional and courteous. The food served for our events was delicious. Elevators in convenient locations and the Atrium view from the rooms super. I really liked the spaciousness of the room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks? Share your experiences!