“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I received an exceptional service from Tatiana on my stay. She was so courteous, extremely nice, helpful, and warm. I'll nerver forget my stay at this location because of her exceptional service. Thanks

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I am a frequent customer at the Fair Oaks Marriott, staying approximately 45-50 nights per year there. The change in management for the most part has been transparent. The staff are some of the most professional and courteous people I have ever encountered. They ALWAYS recognize me and greet me by name when I check in and that makes me feel like it is my second home. Thanks so much for operating an outstanding Marriott.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face at large foyer and have a small balcony. Odd numbered rooms face the outsi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I normally stay here once year on my annual trip to DC, its convientley situated. The bar are restaurant staff are friendly and helpful. As I had been there every year for over 10 years I knew all the old staff and each year was greeted like they knew me, really refreshing rather than feeling like just another guest. But unfortunately Denis Buckley is no longer with the company, which is a huge disappointment, he oozed customer service, a real leader. It has made me think twice about staying somewhere different next year.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Baton Rouge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stay at this hotel for a total of about 3-4 months per year. This hotel is unfailingly superb in all areas. The rooms are very comfortable, up-to-date and spacious, the staff is extremely helpful and accommodating (the whole staff - from housekeeping to the restaurant staff to the porters to the management), and the location is convenient for sightseeing, shopping and/or dining. I always feel very much at home and am made to feel very welcome. You would be hard pressed to find a better place to stay in the Fairfax area! You can book your reservations here with the confidence in knowing that you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Fort Myers, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel over the past 5 years and have been there 2 or 3 times a year to visit family. It is located right at the mall which is has restaurants and shopping. We enjoy eating in the Oak Grill Bar. We eat both in the restaurant and bar. Everyone is pleasant and goes out of their way to be accommodating. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. Great Choice of hotel!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Southeasten Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is the 2nd time we have stayed here and were pleased with our room. It was on an upper floor and the air conditioning didn't keep the room cool enough for us even with it turned down to 62 degrees. The room was a little stuffy. The only thing that bothered us was that there was make-up and lipstick on one of the pillow cases. It was the first thing I saw when I laid my purse down on the bed.

We used the exercise room. The equipment is suitable, but the room is just too hot and the temperature should be kept in the mid 60 degrees range. I told mentioned this to the life guard the first time we stayed there and yet again on this trip. Obviously either it wasn't reported to the appropriate staff person or the temperature is kept at that level. As a health care professional, this is very dangerous to the guest who is working out and should be corrected.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask that the temperature is turned down in the exercise room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelly K, Manager at Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your detailed response. While I am glad you enjoyed your time here, you have provided some great information on areas of opportunity for the hotel. If possible, I would love to get more information from you so we can look into the temperature issues from the room you stayed in. If you could email me at kelly.klocke@whitelodging.com, I would enjoy following up with you further.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this Marriott last weekend for my stepson's GMU graduation; we totally loved it. The front desk personnel was welcoming and very efficient, room service was fast and delicious, the market was very convenient, and the room was very comfortable. Beside of being convenient for graduation we also enjoy the room to relax.

• Stayed May 2013
Kelly K, Manager at Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thanks for your feedback! We enjoyed having lots of GMU graduates and family in the hotel for graduation weekend. It was nice seeing everyone reuniting with loved ones and it seemed like everyone had a great time. I am so glad your experiences with the front desk and room service exceeded your expectations. Best of luck to your new graduate and thank you for staying with us!

Been to Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks? Share your experiences!