I did not choose to stay at this hotel or pay for the room myself so I cannot comment on the price/quality but I stayed on the concierge floor with access to the concierge lounge. When I arrived at 3:15pm, my room was not ready so I to wait 45 minutes in the lobby. I was offered a bottle of water while I waited and I did some work on my laptop so this was ok with me.
The room was spacious as I had a junior suite but the furnishings and decor badly need to be renovated as they must be from about 30 years ago. They were quite simply hideous. The fluorescent overhead lights did not help either, as they cast an unpleasant hue to the room.
The bathroom was severely cramped - there was not enough room between the toilet and the door. It would be difficult for your clothing not to touch the toilet if you stand in front of the sink. And to all hotels considering a redo- please do not place the towel racks close to the toilet. It is unsanitary! In the case of my room, the towels were placed in a cubby space under the sink, which is about 10 inches away from the toilet. I am certain that the clean towels came in contact with the toilet bowel and seat when being replaced by housekeeping.
My room had windows that faced the inner courtyard/atrium and they were constantly using that open space on the ground level for gatherings. During much of the day through about 10pm, my room was very noisy - I could hear speeches being made over PA and droning sounds of conventioneers, with or without the windows open. I pity those who had rooms on a lower floor - the noise must be unbearable. If you work in your room during the day as i do or go to bed early, this could be very problematic.
I ordered room service and despite my painstakingly repeating what I wanted for a side dish, they still got it wrong.
The concierge lounge has limited service hours and is closed between 9 am and 5pm. I can understand that they may have food service during specific hours but it would have been nice if the lounge was open for coffee, tea and soft drinks during the afternoon as well. I am used to the Hilton exec lounges that are open all day so I was surprised and disappointed that this was not the case at this Marriott.
The hotel does get 2 stars from me because the bedding was comfortable and they did not have those nasty bedspreads that are never laundered.
If I were to choose a hotel in the area, I would not return here unless the above problems are addressed.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Fairfax Fair Oaks Mall Hotel Fairfax
- Marriott Fairfax Fair Oaks Mall Hotel
- Marriott Fairfax
- Fairfax Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks is in an ideal Northern Virginia location, just 20 minutes from Dulles International Airport, and is perfect for business trips, group meetings, wedding receptions, and weekend getaways to Washington DC. Guests love being adjacent to the Fair Oaks Mall, where there are over 190 specialty store and restaurants within walking distance, and also the close proximity to Government offices, business parks, GMU, and the Udvar-Hazy center. This luxurious hotel features 11 meeting rooms with almost 9,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, a full-service business center, an indoor pool, fitness center, as well as an onsite restaurant and bar serving a delicious American menu with a variety of signature cocktails. Guest Rooms feature chic décor with modern amenities including free WiFi access and a 32” LCD HDTVs with premium cable. Meanwhile the Marriott Luxury Bedding featuring offering plush mattresses, crisp linens, and fluffy pillows is sure to give guest the perfect night’s sleep in this Fairfax, VA hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, Fareportal , Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.