This was the 4th time I have stayed in this hotel over a 3 year period and as usual it was a very good experience.
* OVERALL QUALITY: Very good
** The rooms are very clean & well laid out.......desk, couch & coffee table, beds very comfortable. Bathrooms a little small.
** Ancilliary areas: good work out room, pool very good, conference rooms are excellent.
** Restaurant & bar: bar and restaurant good (sometimes service can be a little slow). Continental breakfast is good with good selections & waffles and pancakes are included - order from the waiters. Staff are very friendly. Bar has very good drinks.
* PRICE: not sure about the regular prices but Priceline is in the $80 to $90 range.
* LOCATION: Excellent. If you are going to stay in the Fairfax area then it is a great location. It is very close to the main highways so it is easy to get around. Also if you want to shop or have a place to eat (multiple places -- including a Cheesecake Factory & Starbucks....what else do you need) it is a very short walk (4-5 minutes) to the Fair Oaks mall. It is a very nice mall if you want to shop or just have something to do.
NOT GOOD....If you intend to go into DC very often then you should stay closer in. The subway is not very close to Farifax and the rush hour traffic is extremely heavy.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Fairfax Fair Oaks Mall Hotel Fairfax
- Marriott Fairfax Fair Oaks Mall Hotel
- Marriott Fairfax
- Fairfax Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks is in an ideal Northern Virginia location, just 20 minutes from Dulles International Airport, and is perfect for business trips, group meetings, wedding receptions, and weekend getaways to Washington DC. Guests love being adjacent to the Fair Oaks Mall, where there are over 190 specialty store and restaurants within walking distance, and also the close proximity to Government offices, business parks, GMU, and the Udvar-Hazy center. This luxurious hotel features 11 meeting rooms with almost 9,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, a full-service business center, an indoor pool, fitness center, as well as an onsite restaurant and bar serving a delicious American menu with a variety of signature cocktails. Guest Rooms feature chic décor with modern amenities including free WiFi access and a 32” LCD HDTVs with premium cable. Meanwhile the Marriott Luxury Bedding featuring offering plush mattresses, crisp linens, and fluffy pillows is sure to give guest the perfect night’s sleep in this Fairfax, VA hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Marriott, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.